x0xb0x PCB Bulk Order

Jaicen

I know many of you may have already seen the thread in the Misc forum, but since there's a bulk order being arranged, I thought I'd post here to make sure nobody is left out. 

The PCB set themselves will cost 47euros. Bulk orders are also being arranged for the components and frontpanel, with final price dependant on how many get PCB's.

If you want in, i'll be organising the bank transfer to Sasha (Paypal is not available in Serbia), so PM me that you're interested and include your paypal address if that's how you're paying.

Any questions regarding the bulk order should be addressed in this thread. Any other questions to Sasha's thread.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A closer look at the stock list reveals no ordering button, unlike the other parts on the list, I guess they are on the waiting list.

I think Limor is having some component supply problems -  people have been buying 'futures' in certain rare parts with the object of selling them for a high price, and the Adafruit team are trying to dodge them and find other sources. One of the main ones being the BA662 or equivalent.

Over here in the UK, a friend has been taking a look at a tiny PCB that is a pin for pin emulation of the Roland chip.

Read back throught the thread! Rae parts have been mentioned and people have already mentioned group buys for them. There's going to be plenty of us wanting these spares so I'm sure we can all help each other out. Prices have already been mentioed earleir on. It looks like it will be cheaper building the x0xb0x this way than buying a completet kit.

G

I'd be eventually interested if I knew the estimated range of the complete prices (esp. of the frontpanel)

Hard to say, but point is to make it cheaper and better looking than original x0xb0x.

I'm on the waiting list since > 1 year now and slowly getting bored... but I fear I have absolutely no use for a PCB without rare parts and a nice frontpanel :-/

Parts are not problem,and they are not that expensive. I`m not making this PCB just like that.  ;) We can organize better, but I already expecting some rare parts.

Jaicen/Sasha,

Any chance we could sort out payment for this sometime soon? The threads being going for a while with no new interest so it would be good if we could get everything sorted.... We have got to critical mass for the PCB order, haven't we?

G

Hey dj3nk, didn`t you prommissed something and never got back to me?

Why are you acting like a complete jerk to me, and playing nice and serious guy on forum like... "you got it all wrong" Huh

I see no misunderstanding here.

Sasha

whats this please ???????????????????????? i wrote here for everybody that i firstly had to activate my online western union (whats takes 3 days) or I had to go to the postal office for doing it directly. thats done. so what the **** are you crying? And why is jaicen doing these things now ? Money is on the way to YOU. How should we trust you if you change your mind daily ?? and what about that email issue. Its very impressive how you can tell the people what jerk they are, but yourselve isnt able to organize your emails properly?! And if you are talking to everybody here like that way youve sent that pm to me. sorry, you dont have to wonder why people are acting slower than usual. I am no jerk for you, or did i call you a little whatever ? I am surly not playing a nice guy. Playing the nice guy is that:    "its no problem if you dont have your money now. we will all wait for you. " (that you in these sentence is even not me!) But when i come to tell you i will take 2 days more you are getting angry ????????? lol

lets get these things ready and we are ALL happy, arent we ?

You told me over ICQ you will go to bank and pay for it directly, same day, and it wasn`t yesterday! What Jaicen is doing here is trying to gather people so collective transfer cost you less but it has not much to do with what I am doing. I don`t care how will I get the money. If some can do it, and did it, I see no real explanation how is that so hard for others.After sending so meny mails I finally get some answers, and empty promisses.

I talked to people directly meny times about payment and that includes you. and I get an answers from all of you, that payment will be today, or tomorrow or whanever... so If you don`t do it as you said, because of any reason or you just changed your mind, I feel you need to informed me about that, not on this thread, as I`m not organizing this, it is Jaicen. This project took so long and without a reason, just because it is not so straightworward as paypal. Well, I`m sorry, I explained I cannot accept paypal, and I did all I could.

But when i come to tell you i will take 2 days more you are getting angry HuhHuhHuh lol

This is not true. You never informed me about anything, and I`ve been trying to reach you directly and over abcman so many times. If you was honest and straight as Goblins and ask for few more days it wouldn`t be a problem. But ignorance I just cannot tolerate.

Lot of people wanting to start with this project, and if you just cannot find a way to go to the bank than just say what I asked... "I`m out" like jimp did.

I missed this after you edit.

How should we trust you if you change your mind daily ?? and what about that email issue.

What are you talking about? I changed my maind daily? About what?

I said ONCE, I`ll be forced to quit the batch if more people give up, and asked of people another time to confirm if they are in or out.

And, what was the issue with email? I didn`t have any. Some people said my emails ended in their spam filter, but that wasn`t my issue. To me it is strange how emails can suddenly ended in filter but it doesn`t matter. After that I started contacting people over PM to be sure the received my message once they came to forum.

lets get these things ready and we are ALL happy, arent we ?

That is what I`m talking for a long time.

Look, I dont want to fight. I just dont think we should wait for more, and If we are waiting we need to know what and how long or else, this is just another ladyada endles and neverending waiting list!

Goblinz, I am totally out of this. It is run by Jaicen only. I already contacted jaicen and waiting for his answer. I see no point waiting for more.

Ok, I wasn't sure what the situation was exactly. I don't see any point in waiting for more either, just waiting for the go-ahead from Jaicen to send him the payment as soon as I get this then I can pay immediately. Sasha, please try not to get too stressed, I understand that a few people aren't making this easy for you even after you putting so much effort in to get these boards to us. It doesn't matter if there's only a few of us on here wanting them because we're going to end up with some smart-looking boxes at the end of it. We definitely have a lot beeter community going on than on the official x0xb0x site and if all the people that are dedicated help each other out then things should go smoothly. Just don't let time-wasters get to you or you'll have a heart-attack! THis is a hobby so should be fun, not a chore.

G

Hi buddies !

I paid tonight for the PCB. I have a lot of questions : how many peoples involved, who's doing what (Jaicen collects money, Sasha does PCB, who's hunting rare components ?), who will be the panel manufacturer, will Sasha produce illuminated buttons ?.

I think we should try to find an elegant manner to title the topics in the ucapps forum ; why not starting them by [x0x] ? Is there a chief to manage all the tasks ?

Cheers

Julien, I started this batch in Serbia, and offered it here if somebody is interested. I stsrted to collect the money by bank transfer or Western Union, but I gave no luck and everything took too long, so Jaicen offered help by gathering the rest of money over paypal and resending it my way.

About panels and buttons... it depends of you. I will organize panel batch here in Serbia. Buttons are not so straightforward to integrate like original ones so everybody can chose which one will use. Some parts will be ordered by huck today and shipped back to me so I can send it with PCB, or with PCB and panel. All other rare parts are not problem to order online but some other parts like Grayhill absolute encoder and pots must be ordered from US. (mouser, Digikey, Newark...)

I think we should try to find an elegant manner to title the topics in the ucapps forum ; why not starting them by [x0x] ?

There is only one topic about x0x in "Miscellaneous" except this thread that is alternative, just for money collecting. Here is main thread: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=9841.0

It is not hidden deep, and it is easy to find, so I dont see the point it starts by [x0x]

Is there a chief to manage all the tasks ?

I wouldn't call it a chief. :) I organized start and will organize production of custom parts, and some rare parts, but because of the inconvenience of bank and WU money transfers it would be good it somebody other with full paypal account organize those pots and encoders ordering. I been offered a help from few people so I dont think it is a problem for me to coordinate everything, I just don`t want to mess with money collecting as in PCB batch anymore. We are all in this and nobody want to throw away the PCB. We have good motivation to get all the parts for this thing, It is important that everything is available. You don`t have to worry you`ll left only with PCB.  ;)