Knob orientation (Re`an knobs)

Sasha

Until I checked Re`an knobs I thought there is only one D shaft style shaft. So, which of these options is North orientation "A" or "B"

Also, does anybody know where can I find Re`an P675 knob. I managed to find it only on http://devicemart.co.kr but I`m not good with Korean letters.

200609271924311.jpg

Check out this nice pointer-less knob from same website. Also Re`an.

It could be just perfect for SEQ as it is just 10mm in diameter and it is SOFT TOUCH :)

200709191746111.jpg

Maybe we could organize some batch order from Re an? I would buy much of these 10mm softies in black colour.

orient_thumb.gif

1719_orient_gif1158dc4546b8d6a9e36a04275

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The P675 knobs in black with a white pointer are 34 cents each from Mouser.

The pointer-less soft-touch REAN knobs are from the P401 line.  The part # for black would be P401-S-0-D6.  (In blue, as pictured, it would be P401-S-6-D6).

I have been looking for some nice soft-touch knobs for my SEQ, and I think the black ones could be perfect!  I've sent an email to the Canadian Re'an distributor, asking for a sample and pricing.

So, we are both on exactly same track!  ;D

I did that too, and been talking to the wilba about possibility to organize batch for them. Acording to prices of other Re`an knobs these should be inexpensive too. And they are just perfect for any encoder MB project. I just love these.  :)

I've just emailed the UK distributer from my company to enquire about costs and minimum order quantities.

I use the splined knobs from rapid for my analogue synths, and really like the encoder knobs, which, sadly, Rapid don't do.

Re-An do really good collet knobs, though more expensive, which means that you don't have to worry about pointer orientation.

By the way, best simple panel design I've seen recently: http://www.ams-neve.com/html/models/Outboard/88__Series/8816/

But then again, I've never seen anything Neve that I didn't like.

I'll keep chasing this one, because, having got them, I don't fancy the Albs Waldorfs on my sequencer, though they look fine on the "Wilbabeast".

Using the Re-An's might give a better panel layout, especially with my fingers.

OK, I phoned the Canadian distributor when he didn't respond to me email for 5 days.  As I suggested to Sasha, in my experience Re'an knobs are tricky to get because nobody is very excited to sell them.

So ... here's what I got:  in Canada there is generally a minimum order of 1000-2000 pieces.  At that quantity, knobs like this tend to be pretty cheap - like under 30-50 cents each.  He could not give me an exact quote.

I have asked him to give me a quote on the minimum, with the exact cost.  Stay turned.

Hey, if I can get a thousand of these knobs for 25 cents each, that's only 250 bucks.  Recognizing that this is an estimate based on an estimate, would you pay $25 for 100 of these black beauties?  I sure would.

Thanks Steve, at least you dug some answers. ;) I didn`t get an answer yet and I don't expect it anymore. I`ll try to send one more email. ...strange company. OK, they are big, but my company might be big too... I didn`t say I`m DIYer so I could want tenths of thousands and I expected they will react.

If these knobs are of good quality as they look on that only one image and priced 25-30$/100 I would be interested in more than 100 that`s for sure, and I guess 1000 wouldn`t be enough for all of us.

We`ll wait for more details. Thanks again, Steve

I think I started the avalanche again that nebula will surf on. :) I hope this thread will soon be renamed and moved to bulk orders.

I would too, although I like more this knobs:

Well, I never seen that knob that is not render.

Looks good too, but not as thin as P401 and it have that other colour that makes it less uniform so it is harder to match it with different designs. But if they can be bought somewhere in all the colours Re`an offer I would be buying few, for different sections.

I would so love if I can buy same type of knob in different colours of pointere or caps, with or without pointer. Re`an makes them but cannot be bought anywhere. To bad.  :(

I got what I believe was a bullshit reply from some guy in NYC who said he asked Neutrik USA, who told him P401 is discontinued.

One of the two New York reps I contacted had forwarded my email to him.  The other one didn't even want to deal with me, and that I should instead order through Newark.  Still no quote from the Canadian rep, but at least his cell phone number is on his web site  ;D

If I have no luck by the end of the day I'm going to contact Werfo (Re'an parent company) directly and tell them about my luck.  Maybe they will at least rag on their reps for not doing their job.  It seems all these reps want to sell big, expensive stuff, and knobs just aren't worth their time.

I think there is no point in posting reservations in this thread. As I know Steve is still in phase of getting the samples, not ordering the batch, and I`m sure he is going to inform us in time about quality and price of these knobs. Lets wait some more details and organize group buy in bulk orders category.

And Huck, I dont think price is what is most important about these knobs, it is their small diameter which makes it perfect for apps like MBSEQ. I am in search for pointerless soft touch for a long time but nobody makes it, so this knob is all I could find and only on mentioned korean website, nowhere else. It dont exist in all Re`ans cataloques. ???

Rean Catalogue is here:http://werfo.sulzerchemtech.com/rean/download/product_catalog/en/rean_productcatalogue.pdf

The P301 is not in current production, according to their UK agent, Neutrik.

I hada a word and did suggest they made some with a translucent liner.....

The P401 is currently in production, but they have got part number problems - they seemed to be finding a pointer version, (P400). They're getting back to me next week. If Nebula can make it work, that's best, though it may be worth doing a global split for postage etc.