MIDIbox SID Bassline Demo #3

TK.

I completely forgot that this thing had a little sequencer built in to it. Do you have to hand code the sequences or is there a nice GUI that will produce them? I would be good if if there was something like a recorder setting, or a recorder app to run on a pc... So you could play a sequence on a midi keyboard and then then it could be recorded on the MDSID or a PC app could do the same but output the code to upload to a bankstick. It's times like this when I wish I could code.... going to start learning C in the new year after I've built the thing and have some spare time again.

G

I completely forgot that this thing had a little sequencer built in to it. Do you have to hand code the sequences or is there a nice GUI that will produce them?

There is a nice inbuilt bassline and drum editor in the MIDIbox SID (control surface required).

Of course, an external GUI, running on a computer, would be a good alternative solution. The basics are there (full access to sequences via SysEx), but an external editor software is not available yet...

I would be good if if there was something like a recorder setting, or a recorder app to run on a pc... So you could play a sequence on a midi keyboard and then then it could be recorded on the MDSID or a PC app could do the same but output the code to upload to a bankstick. It's times like this when I wish I could code.... going to start learning C in the new year after I've built the thing and have some spare time again.

A step sequencer is not a common MIDI sequencer - especially because of the quantisation.

Best Regards, Thorsten.