SoundWell rotary encoders (like ALPS STEC16B, "Voti" encoders)

Wilba

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since everyone seemed to have received theirs, I was getting worried, especially since my local sorting office seem to use the power of their union to allow them to pilfer goods in transit......

..but they arrived today!  They feel great, especially with the perfect fit of the "Waldorf" knobs.  The dentent is not as chunky as on my Yamaha and Roland kit, and for me that's a good thing.

So, thanks for all your work on this Frank.  I'm very happy.

Steve

I feel with you!  :(

Looking for information about delivery time, I found this:

http://www.dhl.de/dhl?tab=1&skin=hi&check=yes&lang=de_DE&xmlFile=3001738

(sorry this is german)

It says that a 'Paeckchen' , german for small packet, will take >30 days to canada. I did sent the packets on 1.2.2008. My decision was for 'Paeckchen', because the faster 'Paket' (10 days) costs about 20 Euros ( USD 30) more.

once the detent is removed, how is the slack on these encoders? i.e. that effect you get when you keep turning one way, then when you start turning the other way there is a loose section before it engages again.

I've found this happens a little when you remove the detent on the bourns encoders from SmashTV, it sometimes makes it quite tricky to select a precise value.. which isn't always a big deal.. sometimes it is.. like on note pitch etc :)

once the detent is removed, how is the slack on these encoders? i.e. that effect you get when you keep turning one way, then when you start turning the other way there is a loose section before it engages again.

I've found this happens a little when you remove the detent on the bourns encoders from SmashTV, it sometimes makes it quite tricky to select a precise value.. which isn't always a big deal.. sometimes it is.. like on note pitch etc :)

they are perfect. there is no reason to remove completely the iron round of the mechanism. just beat it and make flat.

here some pics, not very good but this is the way.

det1.jpgdet2.jpg

det3.jpgdet4.jpg

det5.jpgdet6.jpg