the mysteries of the ml303- help needed

sonofprent

It seems i may have stumbled upon a semi-completed ml303 v4. since the project has now been discontinued and the website shut down, i was wondering if anybody on here may be able to help with diagrams/schematics, eprom software and any other information that may be about? Any help would be greatly apprciated.

help me breathe life into this sleeping beauty?! ;)

Interesting. A guy in Manchester has just offered me an unfinished ML-303 in part exchange for building him a x0x. I need to look at it first. Last time a musician offered me a part built kit, his soldering 'skills' had all but destroyed the PCB.

On the same track, I once swapped some work for a non functional but immaculate looking Wasp. All I got was a case with knobs - the insides must have been left under water for a month a least, they were a mass of corrosion and beyond saving. Next time they tried it on, I "let" them stick me with an old Marshall with a burned out mains transformer they'd found in a mates garage for £50. It was a tagstrip built mark 1, a new transformer cost £40 from Marshalls. I added a few cosmetic parts, replaced the selectors on the back, The original Mullard EL34's were still good. I gleefully sold it for £400.  Don't get mad .......

Interesting. A guy in Manchester has just offered me an unfinished ML-303 in part exchange for building him a x0x. I need to look at it first. ......

He came over with it yesterday. It's not an ML - It was built by a student friend of his at Uni. It's a perfboard clone of the 303, with ordinary transistors, not matched pairs, and a sort of VCA made from a CA3080. Looks like a hybrid between the original and the Oakley TB3030, (that's the old one. not the MIDI controlled TM-3030). No tempco either. I hated moving anything in case any wires fell off.

It has some kind of controller that 'needs debugging', based around a ready made PIC board, (might be from Quasar). When I looked at the,  notes, it seems the project got as far as getting the sequencer to do notes, but no slides or anything. I looked at it a remembered that I did stuff just as scruffy when I was 16,  only not as ambitious. Pretty good try for a first shot, but the experience was the real result. I think he ought to frame it and hang it in the studio.

I'm lucky noone here sees the electronic projects I'm still building!  ;D

I think there is a parallel with an old piece of Air Force wisdom here:

"A good landing is any one you can walk away from; and excellent one is when you can use the 'plane again".

If the box works, and keeps on working......