is the forum broke?

ultra

yep

let s keep this thread open so we can track the bugs and help TwinX

i also noticed that i have to log in everytime i visit the page although i have the "forever" tab on.That would explain why we don t always get the unread posts

simone

EDIT: i see dj3nk but these infos could help our web masta

EDIT:ok stryd etc etc

let see if you let me post now :)

The new server has diffrent setting then the old one.

Another part of it is i have to do everything myself and not the provider.

Last week i had to reboot the server a few times to get things right.

Also this is a diffrent ip and it can interfear with your cookies etc.

However i think i am done now. I still do not want to announce everything i do unless it is big.

A move is big a server reboot is 5 minutes.

I hope you guys understand.

Only problem I'm having is that my work proxy doesn't like the new forum... Keeps putting up some kind of 404 message rather than a "this page is blocked because" message... very strange. I can't relay the exact mesaage till I'm at work tomorrow, although i suspect it's just the filter work use and nothing can be done.  :'(

G

Only problem I'm having is that my work proxy doesn't like the new forum... Keeps putting up some kind of 404 message rather than a "this page is blocked because" message... very strange. I can't relay the exact mesaage till I'm at work tomorrow, although i suspect it's just the filter work use and nothing can be done.  :'(

G

Call the system administrator and tell them they got a delayed DNS Server on the outside. Ask the to put TTL on th records for 2 days and not 1 week ;)

Your works DNS is probabbly changing records once a week or slower.

Old chat is up. I will monitor it.

If the server gets slow no more chat for you guys until i get my dedicated server!!

wooohoooo! back in the chat agaaaiin!

so what is the issue with it slowing the server?

does it have anything to do with the animated avatars?

if there's something i can help with, let me know...

Call the system administrator and tell them they got a delayed DNS Server on the outside. Ask the to put TTL on th records for 2 days and not 1 week ;)

Your works DNS is probabbly changing records once a week or slower.

Thanks for the info but I can't ring the sys-admin. I work in a big corporation and am only allowed "incidental" use of the internet, so i'm prolly pushing it with visiting the forum. All changes to the system have to be put to management in the states and then there's a series of meetings to discuss it as well as testing.... you get the idea?

I've pretty much resigned to the fact that I can no longer look at the forum from work so if it comes back in a week or so when the DNS refreshes then that's a big bonus.

Thanks for all your hardwk with the server/forum/chat, etc.

G

i also noticed that i have to log in everytime i visit the page although i have the "forever" tab on.That would explain why we don t always get the unread posts

Was it you that I advised to clear all your temporary files/cache and to delete your cookies? Did you try it?

As twinny mentioned, DNS is still propagating, and that's out of his control, so your ISP may have similar problems/misconfigurations to goblinz' workplace..... So you might need to try clearing your files a few times over the next couple of weeks.

I have another issue, but perhaps its my laptop.

I usually do autologin to the forum. but when i enter the mainpage i am not logged in. i have to click on a subforum to "activate" my account. now i can go to main again and i am logged in.

Thank you Twin-x for your great support !