drum sequencer with balls!

robert lowell

Umnn... is this the right topic? If you're using the mac then go for logic audio (no new versions are being released for the PC!). My DJ mates swear by it and often knock fruity loops as being something for amateurs. It's a bit more complicated but apparently more powerful..

G

have you tired ableton live?

i've used FL, reason, Cubase SX, ableton...

ableton is the only thing i'll use now... its nice to use because you can switch between loop mode and regular tracked sequencer.  live 7 works really well with outboard gear i've heard and you can route things very easily. assigning midi is very easy to use as well, click the midi map parameter button and turn the knob of what piece of gear you want to control and thats it.

well not tried ableton, but tought about it ( running FL as VST from inside  ;D ) I am really, really step sequencer oriented. I want to b able to edit 1/32 th , 1/64 & stuff. It is really easy in FL, you have the 16 steps rows, you pick another row and delay every step 50% , you get 1/32... I want stuff like, triggering LFO from step sequencer ... Trigger ADSR from step sequencer...

well not tried ableton, but tought about it ( running FL as VST from inside  ;D ) I am really, really step sequencer oriented. I want to b able to edit 1/32 th , 1/64 & stuff. It is really easy in FL, you have the 16 steps rows, you pick another row and delay every step 50% , you get 1/32... I want stuff like, triggering LFO from step sequencer ... Trigger ADSR from step sequencer...

heya play, my nick was in the past Fruity404.. :) hem.. i was yuoung :P

as can i say, ableton it's more, uhm.. not powerful but simple, very very simple, totally different iterface, not asbsolutly like a 'step seq', like fruity, but you can edith 1/32, 1/64, 1/128 1/1048 !?  too in a midi clip, and trigger midi CC or VST as you like directly on it with env. the sampler clip it's cool too etc. i suggest you to try it.

i've left fruity for ableton sice the firse relse, at that time there wans't midi in AbL, and i was on fruity from 1999, do you remeber when come out 3.1 in 2001? :)

I always hear about ableton but I never hear tracks made on it. I have used logic for about 4-5 years and have to say it is too much to think about half the time. You have to spend alot of time to make the perfect template which I never really accomplished :-[ I think its automation would be way better if you could have it for every note just by clicking the note and have a side menu show pan, adsr, eq and so on for that one particular note BUT instead of having this, it has some drum style automation that only affects that 1/16 step and not individual notes. I want sometihng I can sequence strings on and have one note fade in and one start right away on the same track but this seems like it can't be done unless you just make another track with the same sound only faded. Am I making any sense :P

LONG LIVE MG 8)