MIDIbox of the Week (2xMIDIbox LC of d2k)

TK.

D2k made two new and really improved MIDIbox LC :)

He wrote:

As you've seen b4 the controls pcbs were pro made - everything else (except faders/panel) was ebay'ed. The panel was made from a company called Holt here in England - I've to thank Driftz for the help he gave converting my original Illustrator designs to proper CAD files....

dan_lc1.jpg

dan_lc2.jpg

dan_lc3.jpg

dan_lc4.jpg

dan_lc5.jpg

dan_lc6.jpg

dan_lc7.jpg

dan_lc8.jpg

dan_lc9.jpg

dan_lc10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering how you cut out the square holes for your panel and what material you using?

as stated prior: "the panel was made from a company called Holt"....they done the cutting not me ;p I just sent em a cad design...

What do you mean with this?

I mean if using the autorouter it works best to first setup all ya design rules, net classses, restricted areas etc...

• 3 months later...
How did you make the printing / labeling?

I used letraset safmat paper this time, printed from inkjet. Stuck on to panel (self adheisive), sprayed with inkjet fixitive a few times, then same again with a metal laquer (letting each coat dry of course)...

gillesdeshays - I tend to route by method now as i've come to realise pcb design is a art in its self and sometimes autoroute dont crack it ;p U can set up alotta options n so on to make the process somewhat more coherent, but wtf, by the time u done that u mighta aswell routed by hand ;p...

Dan, that is amazing... Very neat, well thought out.

The round buttons at the bottom of each fader... (like the ones we were talking about on that other thread  ;)) are they a 'declutch' button for panasonic faders (no touch?)

I notice the CRT monitor over in the corner... is that because you don't really need it now, with all those LCD displays?  ;D

much respect dude! ...Steve

• 4 weeks later...
The round buttons at the bottom of each fader... (like the ones we were talking about on that other thread  ) are they a 'declutch' button for panasonic faders (no touch?)

They are for the touch sensi ye, just regular takt switches that are small enuff to fit in that space at the bottom of those pana faders...

Would you be willing to provide some info on the buttons, encoders, and shuttle wheel? There are so many options, I'm having a hard time deciding! I like your choices and would like to know part numbers if you have them.

I ebayed all the control stuff - but the switches (aprt from the square ones) seem to be regular types that u can buy from various electronic stores. the encoders are panasonics types, but I think they share same pinout with most alps ones used too - the scrubb wheel is the same as the vpots (just has a big knob)

Also - would you be willing to share EAGLE files or gerber data of the board layouts?

well if u really want it but i dont see the point tbh, these are not good pcbs! I made some mistakes and had to cut a cpl of tracks on the vpot control pcb (u can see a lil in the pics)...

do you have a address for holt ?

http://www.holtbs.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Why it's not possible to add 5 DIN mod on 1 Core?

In fact, I would like to replace 9 faders by 9 rotary encoders.

But it seems that it miss 2 DIN entries (not 2 DIN mod!!!)

I would that my MidiboxLC look like that (with 96 switches) :

midiboxjctn.jpg

Zoom : http://www.cicp2r.org/midiboxjc.jpg

Thanks

P.S. : Sorry for my English! I'm French.

P.P.S. :

Do you know how to tell  a man witch speek 3 language? => trilingual

Do you know how to tell  a man witch speek 2 language? => bilingual

Do you know how to tell  a man witch speek 1 language? => a French

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...