Forum log in issue

levon

anyone else having this problem?

I am.

Do you often check the forum from different locations? I personally use 3 computers (not at once).

Of course, it is also possible that my desk 'puter has cookies disabled, or other higher net security, as it is (supposedly) my "audio only" computer.

Having this problem too. Happens with both Safari and Firefox (Mac OSX 10.4.11).

I have tried removing the cookies, at least the obvious ones that I can find:

forum.midibox.org      PHPSESSID

www.midibox.org        PHPSESSID

www.midibox.org        midibox

Removed them from the list in the preferences panel, even left the Midibox site before I did this, all to no avail.

If anyone has any ideas on solving this rather aggravating problem I, for one, would be very grateful.

Thanks

John

I'm sure messers X and TV are doing their very best to keep things running at the moment.

As many of you may know, Mr Twin X has had a major issue with the hosting for the site.

I don't know the specifics, and I'm sure it's none of my (our) business, but I'm sure he is doing all he can to make it work.

(For FREE, by the way...)  ;)

I'm using a few different PC's and not having any issues... Tried it from three of my friend's machines today, none of which had ever visited midibox.org, and all good.

Try this, in this order, don't skip any steps, etc:

Log out of the forum (use the link) ...Repeat on all your PC's before continuing.

Log out again  ...Repeat on all your PC's before continuing.

close your browser  ...Repeat on all your PC's before continuing.

start it up again. Don't load any midibox pages.  ...Repeat on all your PC's before continuing.

delete your cookies  ...Repeat on all your PC's before continuing.

clear your cache  ...Repeat on all your PC's before continuing.

close your browser  ...Repeat on all your PC's before continuing.

On the first PC:

start it up again

browse to www.midibox.org

follow the link to the forum

Then repeat for each of your other PC's

I know that seems a lot, and it is, and honestly most of it will not be necessary...but all of this is a necessary procedure to be sure that the problem is with the forum and not with your PC(s) (which I'm almost sure it is)

Hi there,

I'm on the Mac(10.5.2)/Safari as well and had some issues being logged out some while ago (with 10.4.11), but I have the impression it got better; at least my login now lasts for a day. Using the auto-fill feature, it's not really a problem for me. I think I have noticed some interferences with the wiki (have to log in to the forum again after editing sth in the wiki). Also, there can be session issues with subdomain addresses (;)), so when you have a cookie for forum.midibox.org it might possibly interfere with www.midibox.org/forum/

I know this is not a client issue, but it may help to track this down.

However, clearing cookies seems a good point to start.

About the unread topics: this is AFAIK an issue of SMF, I have never seen more than 3 pages unread topics. So it might be quite normal to loose some posts when you haven't been here for some days. There's also the most recent posts function to keep an overview of the latest posts (I know, not the same, but at least an alternative)

;)

Best,

Michael

I just edited on the wiki and posted this reply... And there are still unread posts...

And I went through over 20 pages of unread posts just over a week ago...

Now I'm going to restart my browser and see if I'm still logged in... And then try from another PC. I'll post again in an minute.

If you're going to post a "yes there's a problem" post, can you tell us whether my procedure above has been attempted as yet?

This actually is a problem, but it's not related to the svn subby problem. Thing is, the redirect from forum.* to www.* happens after the login, so the wrong cookie is accessed when first loading the page. Maybe Twinny could fix this one by changing the redirect handling.

Ok, not quite fixed.. after closing the browser and coming back here today.. im not logged in, and after logging in all post are marked as read.

i normally log into the forum by going to ucapps, and clicking the forum link.... which goes to forum.midibox.org, ill try going to midibox.org/forum from now on.

thanks, Levon