MB-6582 panels...

Doug Wellington

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny story - I won't tell the whole thing, but when I got married last time my wife got a ring and I got a 12 string bass..!

OK man I gotta see that!  Post some pics somewhere... I just finally got a 6 String.  Tried a Aria Pro II Steve Bailey bass back about 10 years ago and loved it... couldn't afford it then, and then couldn't find them because they were discontinued.  But managed to find one a few months back... and grabbed it

OK man I gotta see that!  Post some pics somewhere... I just finally got a 6 String.  Tried a Aria Pro II Steve Bailey bass back about 10 years ago and loved it... couldn't afford it then, and then couldn't find them because they were discontinued.  But managed to find one a few months back... and grabbed it

Nice!  I saw Steve playing in a corner at NAMM last year.  Almost nobody noticed the poor guy.  :(  I was happy though - I basically got a solo concert to myself for about 20 minutes...  8)  I don't have a six stringer yet - some day I still hope to get a Pedulla Hexabuzz - in the mean time I'm "suffering" with a Yamaha TRB-5 and a Fender Jazz fretless... ;D

My 12 string is the old Hamer short scale bass (not the Chaparral) - amazing how hard it was to find a picture online, but try this one:

B12s.jpg

I have that same model, but mine's black.  One of these days I'll get a picture of mine up on the 'net...

Doug

i bought pannels in the first group buy, and now, many many months later, i have yet to see PCBs materialize for purchase :(

Very sad.. i have these beautiful pannels just sitting around collecting dust..

There will be a bit of a wait for parts kits and PCBs, but they will be available sooner or later. Smash has a lot of work to do so things wil take time. There's quite a few people who have PCB's, Panels, case who are waiting on the kits list. A quick option would be to get all the parts individually...

G

My 12 string is the old Hamer short scale bass (not the Chaparral) - amazing how hard it was to find a picture online, but try this one:

B12s.jpg

I have that same model, but mine's black.  One of these days I'll get a picture of mine up on the 'net...

Doug

Man that's is cool!  I bed that sounds HUGE!  Toss a hint of flanger and about a 20 ms delay dayum!  Tuning it must be fun

:D

There will be a bit of a wait for parts kits and PCBs, but they will be available sooner or later. Smash has a lot of work to do so things wil take time. There's quite a few people who have PCB's, Panels, case who are waiting on the kits list. A quick option would be to get all the parts individually...

The parts i can get, the PCBs i can't, but as i said, I have complete faith!

G

Man that's is cool!  I bed that sounds HUGE!  Toss a hint of flanger and about a 20 ms delay dayum!  Tuning it must be fun

It IS huge.  :)  If you want to get an idea of the sound, check out the band King's X.  Doug Pinnick was a big influence on me.  I find it really sad that a lot of the "Christian" listeners to King's X stopped supporting them after Doug "came out".  (Is that what Jesus would have done?)  And of course check out Cheap Trick - if it weren't for Tom Petersson, there probably wouldn't be a 12 string bass...

Tuning is actually not too bad - Hamer did a nice job on the neck, so it's quite stable...

Doug

No exact price yet.  I've been trying to coordinate with Smash so that everything will be available about the same time...

Personally, I wouldn't mind too much if the release date is staggered. As the timing and cost are both unkowns, it is easier to fit these outlays into a budget if they do not occur at the same time. I don't know if other people would share my perspective on this.

Personally, I wouldn't mind too much if the release date is staggered.

Well, funny thing is, they are being staggered in my world - I'm currently working on the MB-808 panels, cases and switches, the wood PT-10 case replacement, a couple Alps buys, a Sequentix P3 build, a couple x0xb0xes and some electronics repair jobs...  :o  ;)

And yeah (obyazatelno!) Kartoshka, budget is ALWAYS an issue...  ;D