is it just me, or is the FORUM going OFFLINE alot ?

Artesia

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heia Tminny,

If it's a money Problem, we can donate.

Tell us how much you need.

greets

Doc

Yes, I'm sure we could all chip in for the cost of an upgrade.

Incidently, I had the idea a while back of some fund raising Ideas...namely a MIDI-box CD consisting of members tracks all made on MIDI-box hardware. I don't have any tracks myself, but am willing to burn CD's post them out--- Any thoughts on this??? Also,, howabout MIDI-box T-shirts? I may be way off the mark with this and will have to discuss things with TK, but it'd be a good way of generating funds to keep things running smoothly.

G

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Twinny,

... after discussing this with MTE (no, not in the chat or the forum, because it's down...in icq) we both are the same oppinion:

The forum and the chat runs on a C64 !

Please do a upgrade to C128 .....

Serious now:

Whats up?

Almost every evening and also in the morning the forum is very slow or it doesn't work at all.

It's not funny anymore ...

Are you still updating software, or whats up?

Hope that we'll soon have our good,old, stable "newspaper" (hehe MTE) back. ;D

greets

Doc

Chat deleted ??  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

PLEASE DO UPGRADE TO AMIGA !!!!

;D

Amiga.. yuck! Would have to be an Atari STE or nothing.... Strangely enough, i'm looking at getting mine connected to the net soon. Have a nice big 40MB hardrive now, can't wait to get the MP3 codec running :D

I'm not really amazed about this. My hoster is domaingo which has good prices, but Chat-software is forbidden, because it draws too much processing powers from the servers. So I can imagine that a flash-chat-server is probably eating up even more resources...

so I do perfectly understand Twinny about this decision. I also think it's better to keep this site up & running and eliminate stuff that makes it slow or unreachable (besides the possible effect that some other things Twinny is hosting might be endangered as well!)

Maybe we can instead add a link to the new "official" IRC-channel somewhere? That should be fine, shouldn't it?  ;)

Best,

Michael

":'( i still can t believe it, that s life, today you are here and tomorrow who knows... i remember the chat as if it was just yesterday, so much laugh, the sad moments, the community ... i really didn t expect it, everybody thought she was doing good.... "

*interview taken with Cimo after the disappearing of the chat

So is this a temporary or permanent removal? Is there no way to get both the forum and the chat running stable? Not even a RAM upgrade you were talking about, TwinX?

I know there's people who like IRC better anyway, but the good old FlushChat was just easy for any visitor (no extra software needed, and the SMF integration was also quite nice, i.e. that you could always see who's online from the forum). And it was colorful and cozy :)

So just tell me if I should donate some 20 Euros for a Gig of RAM or better install a good IRC client?

BTW, in case people don't remember: the ancient "official" IRC channel is #midibox on efnet. There is a very simple web interface on http://chat.efnet.org

S

Sorry, to pick this up again and again ... (Yes, I miss it!)

News: Sorry for the connection issues.

Looks like the system was compromised somewhere. i blocked certain processes and i am updating software and will buy more ram. Again i am sorry about this. I will do my best to fix it. Regards, Twin-X

That was your best, twinny?  8)

I mean: If I can't fix it, I destroy it?  ;D

I'm glad, I'm away this weekend. It would be nice, to see a full chat again, when I'm back !

greets

Doc

hey Moebius

the topic in the #midibox channel has made me feel unwelcome, am I ?

Simone

don't worry, cimo  :-*

that's why I meant the "new" IRC, I wasn't intending going back to the "ancient" one, warming up old issues  :( ... IIRC somebody registered another channel some days before we got the flash chat module?

regards,

Michael

I scream you scream we all scream for the chat !

i won t deny that i liked better the flushy chat

but i am ready to migrate and unfold the burden from twinny s back

(dunno if it means anything but it sounded rather poetic)

Simone