Always keep a tidy workspace

bugfight

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love that mega big soldering clamp thingy!! You gotta link for that by chance?

How's that chief?  ;D

All components in labelled smashtv boxes, pricey and delicate stuff (tubes of filters and sids and delays, GSSL and wilbasid kits etc) in the big white bin of pleasure, tools including USB scope and various meters (cheap ones are sacrificial lambs) and dremel all stowed, drill press out of the way underneath the green bag full of safety gear...where is your safety gear? Oh, you must have been wearing it when you took the pic huh....yeh right ;)

Note the coffee jar next to the soldering iron stand, that's for holding 0.001% tolerance cut resister leads. Actually it's hard to spot. Back-right corner of the desk, that's a hakko 936 ESD clone next to it. I need a new camera.

Labage1_thumb.jpg

Labage2_thumb.jpg

Labage3_thumb.jpg

2539_Labage1_jpg3c517ed3bb71d34a03426596

2541_Labage2_jpg6f00e84cd6b3ae8772998324

2543_Labage3_jpg7c0dfbb1259c2baf5866dea7

Oh I forgot, the most important part of any lab, the bug!

This is the uncle of the one that's currently hanging out here, but he's camouflaged, and asleep so I don't wanna shoot flash photos. They come by all the time. The one in this pic is about 3" across... Yes, he really is winking at me :D

close_thumb.jpg

2545_close_jpg4960f3eb858ec60e21b1473d72

Quote from: cimo on Yesterday at 23:19

.. where do you put your knees n legs when you sit at the desk?

It's a workbench not a desk, you stand up at it Smiley

ugh right! i like having a balans stol and an high workbench though

you guys make me unhappy with my setup.. :(  maybe someday i can get enough room for some stuff like you guys have.  when i post my MbSid pics i'll post a pic of my workspace so you guys can make fun of me. ;D  i love the spider stryd!

[edit] are the 0.001% tolerance cut resister leads references a joke that i'm not getting ???

Yeh comon guys post your pics! Don't be unhappy with your setup - I guarantee no matter what it is, someone has one better worse than yours... or just different. We thought it'd be cool to have a "show us your lab" thread, and everyone's gone scaredy-cat! Don't be shy :)

[edit] are the 0.001% tolerance cut resister leads references a joke that i'm not getting ???

Yes. A search on the forum might clear that up though.

Man, am I glad my camera is still not working else I'd have to show pics of my workspace as well :-)

[edit] are the 0.001% tolerance cut resister leads references a joke that i'm not getting Huh

more than a joke they are a mistery, they ve been seen around over work benches, in small plastic boxes, in people pockets, especially those ones with a bit of glue left from the tape are dreadful ! yet it s almost impossible to find them when you need them and then you have to sacrifice a working resistor.But the tolerance is your best bet!

hope that enlighten you ;)

Yeh comon guys post your pics! Don't be unhappy with your setup - I guarantee no matter what it is, someone has one better worse than yours... or just different. We thought it'd be cool to have a "show us your lab" thread, and everyone's gone scaredy-cat! Don't be shy :)

I'm not shy. People have seen my desk when it's tidy and covered with SIDs, or showing off the MB-6582 hehehe

Here's what it looks like today. (Note the new 22" monitor *drool*)

IMG_2091_thumb.jpg

2563_IMG_2091_jpg8cb1bc02848802fa6963c46

Here's one for anybody bummed out about trying to work in a mess (might make you feel a little better).  -No, it's not usually that bad. ;D

I actually took that picture because it looked so horrible at the time. Most of my electronics stuff has moved to a house for right now, so the desk gets junk piled on it sometimes. I built it for doing electronics and haven't put it to very good use. The shelves in the corner (where the monitor is) go up to the ceiling and hold some meters and junk. That monitor is on the B port of a dual head card in my main computer (beside the electronics desk) so I can throw layouts and schematics over to it while I'm working. I'll try to grab a picture sometime when it's clean.

This (bottom one) was fun while it was around. It was in between my keyboard and monitor on angled brackets for working with MIOS stuff while still looking at the screen (painted to match the desk :)). I switched over to a toolbox looking thing later, but miss the convenience of that panel. The toolbox could probably use an angled stand or something.

Take Care,

George

cleanroom_thumb.jpg

testboard_thumb.jpg

2608_cleanroom_jpg379bb487eb4f2c2d38a233

2610_testboard_jpgfaa9c086b1145898320a84

.. that s a piece of history !! the numeric pad and buttons board in the second picture, you ve sent it to me cause you had no use for it anymore (with the drill bits remember?) well after some hacking to use the single buttons not on a matrix that s become the DIN test board for my future MBLC !

BTW- How do you guys post the thumbnail pictures that link to the full size if you click them

Tick the "+ Additional Options..." below the text input field and select the picture you want to attach from the search dialogue - voila!  ;)

Best regards, ilmenator

Edit: Also, you can make sure that the picture is not wider than ca. 600 pixels - this way, I don't have to scroll sideways to see the whole picture at once. This scrolling thing is somewhat annoying as the scrollbar is very often located off (below) screen and I have to scroll down first to be able to scroll right...