NEW SEQ V3

diablojoy

Making good progress so far havent come across anything i couldn't figure out eventually myself :)

so i thought i would share some pictures with any who are interested

The knobs i made myself from some 12mm ally round stock and anodised blue i still have to provide a soft grip on them

and will probably try some silicone tube in a bright blue colour

IMG_4011_thumb.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

Cool! Looks sharp!

I recognise those buttons, I was looking at those in Jaycar (A electronics store in Australia) the other day.

Also, the centre button, I was looking at getting some of those, but was unsure about it specs etc..

How hard is it to press the centre button? Is the LED 12volt? (does it have a limiting resistor in it?)

Regards

Mike

Hi diablojoy, congratulations on your sequencer and welcome aboard. It looks very, very good by now! I appreciate DIY-ing of those knobs! Illumination looks very even (no spotlights). Can you please post more internal pictures?

Blue ones are in stock at reichelt for example.

2x40 = 42,80 €

2x20 = 82,00 €

:o

Maybe not.

Damn if you manage to find orange youre deing better than I. I've seen red ones as surplus but that's all. Optrex do them in white, and I thought about a cellophane filter...

Hi peoples the blue L.C.D's are available from futurelec JHD402A  USD  $24.90 EACH  :)  had no problems dealing with these guys

delivered to australia under 2 weeks as for the earlier question about the center switch i should have mentioned its for power

on / off dpdt 240volt  3 amp rated with a 12 volt lamp that glows blue from jaycar the other switches are also from jaycar

and have a blue led which shines through a small clear ring in the top was wondering if anyone has had much luck with the

USB module on a SEQ in a windows XP enviroment . I am still miles away from finishing this particular project i still haven't

finished making the cct board for the switches on the right bank not happy with my first attempt so re-doing it

IMG_4020_thumb.JPG

IMG_4020.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

sorted the silicone grips for the knobs only taken me six months  ::)finally worked out car vacuum tubing from the local super cheap auto store would work

very nice feel very grippy see attached pics will be stripping the unit down completely next so i can powdercoat the chassis blue and white

will post more pics after i have finished and got it up and running.

knob closeup_thumb.JPG

IMG_6913_thumb.JPG

knob closeup.JPG

IMG_6913.JPG

there are orange L.C.D listed at newhaven displays but i dont know if they will work as the controll

is listed as ks0066u  ??? if anyone knows definitive answer i will keep researching this as i am also looking for

a couple of orange displays for pair of midibox cv"s i want to start soon.

there are orange L.C.D listed at newhaven displays but i dont know if they will work as the controll

is listed as ks0066u  ??? if anyone knows definitive answer i will keep researching this as i am also looking for

a couple of orange displays for pair of midibox cv"s i want to start soon.

Try a wiki search for ks0066 ;)

...or the recommended controller, hd44780 ... either search will get you to a comptibility list, that says that the ks is all good. Just watch out for negative contrast voltages and higher voltage backlights.

yes i actually did that today and also elsewhere it seems that the ks0066u controllers are compatible allthough there are slight changes to some wait times

the backlight voltages are fine as are the contrast voltage so looks like it"s all ok good enough for me to try them out for the next project at least anyway

crystalfonts also have their version as well it also looks likely so orange not so bad after all. p.s they also stock red.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there an MBOTW post for this yet, or should I move it?

I had not considered doing that , if you think its worthy by all means move it .

However i am not yet happy with the way the front panel labeling has come out .

I used the process i normally use on guitar headstocks which requires quite a few coats of lacquer

over the top, not so good on ally as you can't build it up as thick and it comes out very shiny [see attached pic ]

I can dull it down but it is a very slow and tedious process . unfortunately i don't have the time at present to do this

To many other projects including a figured maple dining room table for the missus which i promised her as a trade off

so i can build a large modular synth .

IMG_8311.JPG

IMG_8311.JPG