[WTB] Waldorf Knobs

technobreath

<2cents info="before this is going into the wrong direction">

The 0.60€ p.p. mentioned in this thread is not the price that you will have to pay for the knobs. It is the price that ALBS sell them for. That is without german VAT, shipping and handling by ALBS, shipping and handling by whoever does runs the bulk. In all the last official ALBS Waldorf bulks in this forum the knobs were sold for 1.20€ p.p. and I think that was for a reason :-) Please take that into account when putting numbers here.

</2cents>

This was what I tried to explain, but without having any info about previous bulk order runs. :) Glad you could make the price estimate a little bit clearer. I think I will want to change my numbers a bit that you wrote in the list in the above post. If this doesnt make a lot of trouble of course.. :)

New numbers for me:

30 black/red

20 black/trans

These numbers I don't plan to change.

I was a bit impressed by backlit knobs, so it would be fun to see how it works out on my design :)

Is anyone taking the responsibility to organize the bulk order? - as I said - I can do it, but it makes no sense since it's gonna be a lot more expensive due to the taxes and norwegian VAT I would have to pay wich is a bit higher than german vat - also the overall shipping costs from albs would be lower with a german based redistribution :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi *.*

I can put together a bulk order in the wiki and receive pm, to build lists

and confirm the orders, working to free the person who

receives and forwards.

All this I might start doing it on Saturday to finish my

Vacation!

I offer to make me not forwarding because I live in Argentina and

costs would be high.

sorry for my English, I speak Spanish.

Best Regard

Lucas

Thank you for the offer, Lucas. :)

I´d suggest we wait with the decision who might runs what until we really have a quote and a confirmed availability by ALBS.

Until then just post the number of knobs wanted here. Preferable in multiples of 10 :-)

Current list:

BLACK/TRANSPARENT

Hawkeye         50

PhilTaylor      30

Phunk           15

Orangehand      15

Wilba           60

gtxdude         30 

Hurolura       100

olga42          60

altitude        50

starfire        20

dmagic          15

technobreath 20 (fixed the nr)

BLACK/RED

psyreactor     100

gtxdude         30

olga42          30

technobreath    30

Edited by phunk

hey,

I see in the list you mixed up my numbers - but it doesn't matter... good either way. I guess when my first project is over (the mbsid) I will be stuck with about 30 extra, so I will have the freedom to choose whatever I like on the mbsid - the rest probably goes on a MBLC, but that is ahead in time... one thing at the time - not just for the calm of my soul but also for not emptying my wallet as my wife will go pretty mad :P - When she asks how much this project of mine cost I tell her that I think it might be half of what it really is :P hehe. Oh shit, I hope she doesn't google my forum-name as she will see this post :P. Hehe, the truth will come out eventually - in time :)

Exactly how are these trans buttons backlit anyway?

3 SMD leds epoxied to the base of each encoder then wired together in series like a big spider net. I have a dimmer on mine to control the brightness, wilba used a resistor. Not for the faint of heart.

Is there a standard size of the smd leds, or is there any special ones to buy that fits better than the other on a normal encoder?

What do u mean it's not for the "faint of heart"? Using a resistor for brightness or the whole concept of backlit encoder knobs? :)

I´d suggest we wait with the decision who might runs what until we really have a quote and a confirmed availability by ALBS.

Until then just post the number of knobs wanted here. Preferable in multiples of 10 :-)

Hi Phunk,

Could you put me on your list for 30 black/transparent and 30 black/red please? If numbers are limited and the knobs are only available to the privileged and needy then I will settle for 15 of either red/black or black/transparent. Does Wilba's comment regarding wanting 3000 suggest that absolutely everybody (including beyond midibox) wants these knobs but they are only sold to a select or preferred customer?

Thanks for negotiating on behalf of all of us Phunk - it is probably easier for you living in Germany and you are more likely to get a response than I (who knows little German if any).

Cheers,

Joe

Is there a standard size of the smd leds, or is there any special ones to buy that fits better than the other on a normal encoder?

What do u mean it's not for the "faint of heart"? Using a resistor for brightness or the whole concept of backlit encoder knobs? :)

The whole concept, there is a ton of wiring tiny ass wires to tiny ass parts. You need LEDS with leads like this: 803-red.jpg, ones with solder pads wont work.

I cant find pics of mine but here is Wilba's

440834104_9913243602.jpg

Edited by Altitude

BLACK/TRANSPARENT

Hawkeye         30

PhilTaylor      30

Phunk           15

Orangehand      15

Wilba           60

gtxdude         30 

Hurolura       100

olga42          60

altitude        50

starfire        20

dmagic          15

technobreath 20 (fixed the nr)

Toadstool      30

BLACK/RED

psyreactor     100

gtxdude         30

olga42          30

technobreath    30

Toadstool   30

Edited by phunk

Hehe, Altitude - I get the point :).

I can vividly imagine the loads of time it takes to do this backlight, and also it's so tiny... but this is not something I can't do :) - Just gotta get myself a new soldering iron now. After soldering two GM5x5x5 boards and preparing several components for the mbsid the tip of the iron is useless - it's a cheap weller iron I bought through my job. I asked for a good one, and some extra tips, but the answer was that it was cheaper to throw it away and buy a new soldering iron than to switch tip on it... Anyway - I'm getting myself a real soldering station when I decide I can afford it!

BLACK/TRANSPARENT

Hawkeye        50

PhilTaylor     30

Phunk          15

Orangehand     15

Wilba          60

gtxdude        30 

Hurolura      100

olga42         60

altitude       50

starfire       20

dmagic         15

technobreath   20 

Toadstool      30

krisschneider  20

kroutshev      15

BLACK/RED

psyreactor    100

gtxdude        30

olga42         30

technobreath   30

Toadstool      30

kroutshev      15

Edited by phunk

Quoting the message phil cced me, they said 60ct per piece for 100 (as he did not inquire for more) and also the following:

Del. time: no stock available - new production in week3-4/2011

that means some time before unbuttoning your gfs err unpacking your knobs :)

Edited by Hawkeye

BLACK/TRANSPARENT

Hawkeye        50

PhilTaylor     30

Phunk          15

Orangehand     15

Wilba          60

gtxdude        30 

Hurolura      100

olga42         60

altitude       50

starfire       20