Nice SD Card board on ebay

Altitude

Thought I'd share this. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-SD-Card-Module-mini-reader-socket-module-/170826337065?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

I just snapped up a couple of these and it should be an easy connection to a Core board (will report back confirming that).  They have a 3.3V/5V switch, regulator, and a micro SD slot on the back.  I like these a lot better than some of the other aurdino one since they have the holes on the side of the slot like seppomans board did so mounting it to the panel via L brackets is possible

These DO NOT work out of the box, the transistor buffers screw things up for some reason and need to be removed like here.  I used 0 ohm 0603 resistors but a piece of lead wire will work fine.  Once this is done, it works fine.

sdfix.jpg

Edited by Altitude

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one is missing the mounting holes at the front.

The one Alitude has linked is cheaper here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-Micro-SD-Card-Breakout-Module-5V-3-3V-Compatible-e-/281116152546?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4173d412e2

Edited by Shuriken

• 1 month later...

in my case i need it, since i make mine in a 1U rack case and like to bring it to the front. this one with holes would be more convenient than the sparkfun i have that requires cable tie mounting.

i'll come to finish Ambika soon, then i'll try with transistors first. they're easily wiped off if i need to mod.

the greater problem at least for me is that i'm not sure which pads on ambika go to which pin (different number of pins with the sparkfun, haven't checked this one yet)

Edited by rosch

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...