Status of next board revision

aminoplacid

New SID boards should be shipping in the next couple of weeks, due to the upcoming holiday I don't know exactly when.  Hoping to see them before the fab shuts down for vacation.  :)

New CORE boards will be out soon after that, with revisions to most of the remaining boards following.

The new rev will incorporate changes to the CORE->SID wiring (to reflect the MIOS 1.8 hardware change), SID clock fed by the CORE, pads for audio connectors on board, etc.

More info as I make up the documentation..... I expected to have them out by now but real life, 2000+ spam per day mixed with my email, and recent illness has kept me from finishing the layouts.

Good, Fast, Cheap.  Pick two.  ;)

Best!

SmashTV

That's good news since I also eagerly awaits them!

Might it be a good idea to wait for the new revision of the core-module or can I just as well order the existing one, and are you planning on making boards/kits available for the AOUT_LC module?

Thanks!

No, you don't need new boards - the main difference is, that the oscillator will be removed (see also http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=5748.0, and that a 1:1 pinning to J10 of the core will be possible.

The circuit will be the same. If you want to fix the oscillator issue, then just don't mount it and connect the SID clock input directly to PIC Pin #17 like described at the MBHP_SID page.

(the purpose of the new layout is, to make it more newbie friendly...)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Curious, how will removal of the oscillator affect the circuit or sound overall, if at all?

Will there be hoards of people coveting the old circuit?

Old circuit sounds MUCH better, less noisy, phatter and all.. ;) Actually, pinout modification is for builders convenience and removing the onboard oscillator is to fix issue found in the forum thread TK posted.

Moebius