thanks TwinX

cimo

Now would be a good time for everyone to show their appreciation of Twin-X's efforts and donate to the webhosting fund. There's no reason he should be spending his time and money to satisfy our MIDIbox addictions...

Go click on the button in the top-right corner that looks like this: x-click-but04.gif

Everyone who visits this forum daily should be donating at least US$10

Everyone who got help with their MIDIbox via the forum or chat should be donating at least US$5

... and just for fun, the person making the biggest donation in the next 7 days will receive a set of four 6582 SIDs. This is not a joke, I really do have four SIDs left from a recently cancelled order. (In the case of more than one person donating the highest amount, the winner will be randomly selected from those people).

;D

Now would be a good time for everyone to show their appreciation of Twin-X's efforts and donate to the webhosting fund. There's no reason he should be spending his time and money to satisfy our MIDIbox addictions...

Go click on the button in the top-right corner that looks like this: x-click-but04.gif

Everyone who visits this forum daily should be donating at least US$10

Everyone who got help with their MIDIbox via the forum or chat should be donating at least US$5

... and just for fun, the person making the biggest donation in the next 7 days will receive a set of four 6582 SIDs. This is not a joke, I really do have four SIDs left from a recently cancelled order. (In the case of more than one person donating the highest amount, the winner will be randomly selected from those people).

;D

done!  ;D

Wow i am supprised!

Yeah we have been busy TK Smash and Myself.

To tell a little story what happend and the decisions involved:

For 2 years now midibox is running on my shared reseller account that did a good job.

However there was that 1 day that the disk crashed with all data on it. I was really amazed that the only data he could recover was the midibox forum. Everything else was destroyed. I was hosting 5 forums that day and 8 picturedatabases. There were like 167 domains hosted on it by other people.

We were furios that there was no backup or raid. But hey we did not read the policies on signing up.

All went well until i got a good deal on a Virtual private server.

More freedom (root admin) more bandwidth (3.2TB per month now instead of 90GB a month) more disk space (50GB instead of 10)

So while i was transferring all the unimportant stuff and fiddling arround with my new server i decided to contact TK about a move. TK discovered that he only hosted the domain but since that was in a package he payed 60 euro's a year. So he agreed quickly about the move. That same day my webhost found out that the Chat was eating resources???? WTF it was allready running for 3 months and he discovers.

The idiot disabled the chat dir wich i could not access but since alot of forum files depended on the chat dir the forum was unaccesible. I was furios TK assited me right away. As i quick fix i deleted all the depended scripts and waited for the host to reenable the closed directory.

So after some rest we were ready for upcomming thursday to do the server move. However the DNS host of TK did a reset on the nameservers. Since we are a bit noob on this everything went wrong. So we decided to do the move on the fly. After 3 backup restores and 12 hours later we could access the forum. (dns propagation takes a long time.) Only thing left is propagation to all servers and fixing the subdomains (not every subdom is working yet.)

Well we are almost there.

Now offcourse i am very pleased with your domations (and a big thx to Wilba on the 4 sid's competition :D) i will only tell wilba what the donations are. I do not like to post what everyone has donated. only the winner and his donation will be posted.

I will also offer next to the 4 sid's 1 year of free hosting with 100GB Bandwidth a month 5GB diskspace and a free domainname (.com .net .org that is available) you are free to do what you like with it except irc and kiddy pr0n. You are responcible for your own backups.

Anyone else that needs cheap hosting contact me and we will sort things out.

Thanks everyone for your patience with us and the chat will be BACK!!

Regards,

Jeffry

To tell a little story what happend and the decisions involved:

wow!

I will also offer next to the 4 sid's 1 year of free hosting with 100GB Bandwidth a month 5GB diskspace and a free domainname (.com .net .org that is available) you are free to do what you like with it except irc and kiddy pr0n. You are responcible for your own backups.

excellent idea, and a generous offer...

Thanks everyone for your patience with us and the chat will be BACK!!

i want my, i want my mb chat...

A big thank you from here - I had to re-upload a friends site when the owner of their hosting machine died (!). I know it wasn't that easy for a small site, let alone the myriad complexities of the forum, wiki, ucapps etc.

Thanks for the prod in the right direction Wilba, (or was that a whack! in the right direction?).

how wouldn t you trust a web master whose surname is LAAN ? ;) don t tell me you have somebody in the family called NAT!

i would happily change from my actual provider (one.com) to a new one so i ll keep in mind the offer but let s talk aboput this in 6 7 months

simone

how wouldn t you trust a web master whose surname is LAAN ? ;) don t tell me you have somebody in the family called NAT!

i would happily change from my actual provider (one.com) to a new one so i ll keep in mind the offer but let s talk aboput this in 6 7 months

simone

LOL no noone i know is called NAT

I will hear from you if you decide to change.

Jeffry

ok!

now, about the chat, if i am not wrong this is a different beast, java based, is that right? FF on Ubuntu asks for new plugin (java runtime) which i already have, the java runtime enviroment..

.. in other words, is the chat up and running and i can t connect or is it still down?

• 2 weeks later...

We have a winner!!!

I recieved 9 donations in total and the highest donation came from Jimp...

He donated $100,42 

A very big thanks from me to the donaters and donaters in the past as well. You all know who you are!!!!

Offcourse future donators i am even happy if you donate $1. I see every cent as a token of appreciation.

So Wilba you can send out the Prize :D..

And jimp please message me a domain name you allready have or wish for your hosting so i can make arrangements.

Again thanks everyone!!!

I recieved 9 donations in total and the highest donation came from Jimp...

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

... I'm shocked  :'( !!! 3732 Members. - At least I would expect a donation from each and every one complaining and fighting about guys making money from MidiBoxes and have not been invoved in any actions for the community yet.

Greets, Roger

Edit:

Oooops... 1000 shocking posts with this one. The 1000th post could have been a more pleasant post  :-\