40x2 Optrex Green on Black LCD Order finished

latigid on

Hi folks

I am interested in building at least a MIDIBox SEQ, and was thinking about making it pretty e.g. backlit LCDs, duo LED matrices etc.

At Smithy's suggestion, I am looking at organising a bulk order for backlit LCDs.

My obsessive trawling has so far mostly unearthed only green backlights for 40x2. However, crystalfontz offer green, blue and white backlight options: https://www.crystalfontz.com/cart/pricing.php?product=4002a

I was looking at a white backlit LCD. When the order increases from 1+ to 10+, the price reduces to US$22.36 (saving $13).

Other colours are possible, but would require a minimum order of 20 units. (Red would be my prime choice.)

So, is anybody interested in 40x2 LCDs with alternative backlight colours?

Andy

Edit: Skip to the last page to read more about this Bulk Order (organised by Fussylizard)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me started with shipping  ;)

When I look at the datasheet, I see the dreaded Vee. I'm guessing this means negative contrast voltage, right?  :-\

Still keen?

I`m sorry but I didnt see the thread from nebula,green LCDs are not my first choice but I think for my first midiboxes I can live with it  ::)

Hope he has some left. :-\

Yeah you are right Vee means negative voltage, but I guess it wont be a big problem... ;D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never again.

----------------------------------------

Well..

Beautiful lcds ain't cheap or not available at all.

Optrex make this beauty,

C-51850NFQJ-LW-AAN.jpg

called C-51850NFQJ-LW-AAN.

Crystalfontz could have done for us especially RTI ones (red on black, FSTN negative or whatever you call them), but the MOQ (minimum order quanitiy) is 300 units.

CFAH1602WRTI_215.jpg

Assuming each seq needs 2, 149 another builders are welcome.

Optrex offer that white on black for $43.80 at mouser. if buying 10 and more, their price drops to $35.50 per unit.

anyone interested, so we could join forces for at least those 10 and get them by $10 less, each?

I'm using that exact 2x16 red on black Crystalfontz display in the MB-808.  :)

If you guys can wait until I make the MBmatrixSEQ (probably early next year, after I finish the MB-808 order and get some of my cash back), I'll be ready to place that big order for the 2x40 displays...

EDIT:  If you're in a super hurry, I think I've still got a couple of the Optrex 2x40 displays from the group buy a couple months back...

K: you already know because I told you I was hoping to arrange a group buy for those LCDs... so you can count me in. I need quite a few though, so I'm not ready to pay immediately.

They are not the same as the ones from the group buy though, those are an older, inferior model.