MB6582!? My new SID-Projekt was finished

Pascal

As i see that i was on page 17 in the MB6582 Parts Bulk order, i thing, my intention was a SID-Synth in a small sweet case. And i thing, don´t say it, make it!

And here is it! My MB6582 Vero Version!

Yes you read right! VERO-VERSION!

The most ideas as from Wilba´s PCB´s. Little changes in the order was from me.

Thx Wilba :-)

This was the last SID_Synth after, Okta SID, SID-Synth101, Micro-SID. I hope *lol*

Here the Pics:

IMG_3911_thumb.jpg

IMG_3909_thumb.jpg

IMG_4018_thumb.jpg

IMG_3914_thumb.jpg

2636_IMG_3911_jpgcf01c0ea9ae479d45796f73

2638_IMG_3909_jpgf37f8304e4aae80ea3530f7

2640_IMG_4018_jpga063ccef5b58dcc272046a8

2642_IMG_3914_jpg6a243772b6f72d35f437d5d

:o  :o Yeh thats really really insane !!! :)

And when I look at the time were do you build your boxes, you do the first world record in "fastest insane soldering" or something  ;D ...How many arms you have ?

Dont want you to solder my projects too, because Im too slow ;D  ;D

looking great !

Regards

Yes, it´s handmade. And printed with a Color Laser Sticker foil.

@mte: Klar wieso nicht ;-) Musste aber für vorbei kommen und gute Laune mitbringen ;-)

@all:

Yes it´s was very crazy and i make this never again *lol*

Absolutely fantastic! Awesome! I love it! Now that is DIY at it's best.

I am honoured by your use of MB-6582 as inspiration, and admire this work immensely.

Congratulations! I hope you have as much fun as I do making noise with eight SIDs!

@MTE: Düsseldorf, der schönsten Stadt am Rhein ;-)

@nILS only for me :-)

It was Laser Printer Foil from Pearl.de. It´s cost 12€ for 20 Papers.

Printed was it with a Brother Laser Printer (or a HP Laser Printer!? I don´t know it at this time).

Then i cut it smoothie and pin it up. Then the borders with a skalpell cut. And ready was the RGB design.

My english was terrible, i hope you know what i mean ;-)

Hi Pascal,

erstmal fettesten Respekt für die VeroVarianten vom SID. Ist der Hammer. Wie behältst du beim Verdrahten die Übersicht ?? Hast du alles vorher auf die Platinen gezeichnet ?? Und was sind die kleinen Änderrungen zu Wilbas Design, wenn ich fragen darf ???

Sorry for german  ;D

Hi Pascal,

erstmal fettesten Respekt für die VeroVarianten vom SID. Ist der Hammer. Wie behältst du beim Verdrahten die Übersicht ?? Hast du alles vorher auf die Platinen gezeichnet ?? Und was sind die kleinen Änderrungen zu Wilbas Design, wenn ich fragen darf ???

Sorry for german  ;D

Quick translation: "Hi Pascal, respect for the vero-variants of the SID. That's awesome. How do you keep track of the traces while wiring it? Did you draw all of it to the board first? What are the minor changes you made to Wilba's layout, if I may ask?"

nILS = forum translation machine *lol*

@puddingbrumsel:

Die Änderungen sind nicht wesentlich. Ich habe die Core´s anders angeordnet, weil die 200mm Vero´s zu schmal sind um sie umzulegen. Daher hatte ich leider hinten auch keinen Platz mehr für die Audioeingänge und den Feedback-Filter. ganz zu schweigen vom Lüfter. Der lüftet jetzt unten raus. Sieht man allerdings auf den Bildern nicht.

Dann habe ich noch die Filter-Kondensatoren auf IC-Streifen gesteckt. So kann ich sie bei bedarf einfach raus ziehen und anders bestüclken. Dann habe ich nur ein 2x20 Display genommen, wodurch ich das FRontpanel anpassen musste.

Die Stromversorgung habe ich komplett anders angeordnet. Ach ja, und ich habe keinen Kopfhörerausgang dran. Aber das hat wohl ebenfals weniger mit den Platinen zu tun.

Nein aufgezeichnet habe ich das nicht. Ich habe mir 2 200x100 mm Veros genommen und erstmal die Sachen alle nur eingesteckt wie ich mir das dachte. Als es dann passte habe ich mir 2 andere Vero´s genommen und die dann 1-1 aufgelötet. Den Überblick zu behalten ist eigentlich relativ einfach. Das schwerste bei so einer Vero-Geschichte ist immer das erste Modul. Also der erste Core oder das erste SID-Modul. Wenn man sich da einmal Gedanken gemacht hat, wie man das sauber verkabeln kann, werden die anderen nur 1-1 kopiert. Muss man also nicht mehr denken :-)

Nochmal kurz auf deutsch, wenn ich schonmal dabei bin:

Manche fragen sich sicher, wieso man soetwas auf Lochraster baut. Die Gründe liegen einfach auf der Hand. Erstens lernt man dabei einiges mehr als alles nur auf fertigen Platinen zu löten und man hat darüber hinaus noch die Möglichkeit einige Sachen zu verändern. Nachdem ich meinen Stereo-SID-Synth auf Lochraster gebaut hatte, war es für mich recht Interesannt Wilba´s Stereo-SID Anordnung sowie auch die Tastermatrix zu verstehen. Und die Sache ist einfach klasse und simpel. Wobei man die Dioden für die Taster wirklich schon vorher auf die Taster-Lochraster löten sollte. Ich hatte darüber zu spät nachgedacht und musste die Dioden alle nachträglich an die Taster und ans Kabel löten.

Sorry das es so viel auf deutsch ist, aber im deutschem kann ich mich etwas besser verständigen.

nILS = forum translation machine *lol*

@puddingbrumsel:

Die Änderungen  [.....] besser verständigen.

Stop posting relevant stuff in german ;D Quick and really, really dirty simultaneous translation (a friend of mine read out the post, while I translated and typed it ;))

"@puddingbrumsel:

The changes are really nothing major. I rearranged the cores, because the 200mm veroboards didn't match the size. Because of that I didn't have enough space for the audio inputs and the feedback filter. Apparently I couldn't fit the cooler on their either. It's blowing the air out the bottom now, which you don't see on the pictures though. Furthermore I socketed the filter caps, so I can easily replace them. I only used a 2x20 which meant I had to adjust the frontpanel layout.

THe PSU part is completely rearranged. Oh an I don't have a headphone output on it. But that doesn't really have anything to do with the boards.

No, I didn't draw the circuit on the board. I took the 200x100mm vero boards and stuck all the parts on where I wanted them to have. When I got it the way I wanted it, I took 2 more boards and transferred the layout 1:1 and soldered it. Keeping track of the traces is pretty easy. The hardest thing on vero is always the the first module - in my case the first Core and the first SID module. When you'Ve gotten the first one right you can just copy the other modules directly. Which doesn't involve any further thinking :-)

Still in german, as I'm on a roll:

Some people might be asking themselves why I would buid that board on vero. The answers are obvious. First up because you learn so much more than from just soldering a pre-layed out board and you have the option to change things to your liking. After I was done with my vero-stereo-SID, it was really interesting to me to understand Wilba's stereo-SID setup and button-matrix.  And it'S really neat and simple, although one should really solder the diodes for the buttons first. I didn't think of it soon enough, so I had to solder all the diodes to the buttons and the cables later on.

Sorry for the german, but I can just explain myself way better in german."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...