desk design for flexinoodle

ssp

flexi.

here is the design for your decks and records, you left chat so i will put them here for you to look at until i catch you again to see if they are ok for you, if your happy i will transfer to the cnc cutters for a quote, if your happy i will get them done for you or i can send you the drawings if you want to do the cuts etc yourself or know someone who can, otherwise i could do it for you if need be then its a 24hr courier service to you.

like i said assembly will be like flat pack furniture and it will have all the fixings you need, material will be 22mm mdf. i have done the laptop shelf as well i didnt render it with this because i forgot to! but its there, i will do a render with that after for you also.

ssp

render1.jpg

render2.jpg

Even though this is purty and all - wouldn't such a thing belong into a PM rather than in a thread?

... if you look at the message - Yes.

I don't like to fall into the back of moderators but on the other hand it could be inspiring for others and I bet ssl aka. "Ikea" is proud of his work and wants to show it off.

Me on my side, I like looking at it while trying to find out how much time it took him to make this beautiful 3D render.

Greets, Roger

by background, it's default solidworks rendering engine (hope it's correct with ssp too)

i would love to get one of these tables too, as i'm just moving the house and leaving off any vintagely poor furnitures i had for a while.

edit: pls keep it in misc section - as this is interesting project, and i'm glad it became public.

Ssp, what you said about laptop shelf?

yes i do all my stuff in solidworks, its great because i can do a whole assembly in there and check the interference in real time and adjust it in 3d.

i cant take credit for the desk as its similar in design to the prodecks ones, its just that after looking at them and seeing that the feet were flimsy and prone to breaking as per the numerous compliants about them and the fact its not a thick enough mdf, i re did it for flexi as he was good enough to send me two gm5 chips for my gm5x5x5 boards im getting.

its important to give a little back as and when i can, however if theres an issue with this being here then the mods can remove it all, i have no problem with that.

i was talking with the guys about doing faceplates and panels etc in works and then supplying the drawings and cad files to whoever wants them, as long as i get tech info for parts, spacings etc then i can build anything for you.

in the meantime heres the desk with the stands and laptop shelf as described, however i have to do a couple of changes for mr fussy... i mean flexi ;)

enjoy

desk1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

dunno the Flexi tastes and where he will go use his djing desk.

But as I have caveman turntablists friends, wood is not the best thing to put turntables over it. A lots of scratches and it`s not only in the vinyl records, in the wood while turntables moving around the top face . Also the records downside desk probably will shake a lot with a heavy back to back routine. I would suggest something to fix it and prevent the records not fall down the desk`s shelves.

its just my taste, but I don`t like my records bellow of my deck`s desk. Hard to see it, find the next record for the next song, scratch routine.

Anyway, good 3D work and project ssp. Keeping doing it. I`m a Lightwave user...just looking for some money to buy some Dosch textures to start some designs too.

KB

the front to rear width of the desk will prevent the back and fore shake, also the structure is extremely rigid with the consturction techniques used, by using cam dowels and cam locks along with 10mm dowels the whole structure becomes very rigid and can take a massive amount of abuse, the and the fact its made out of 22mm mdf gives it the weight to dimensions load that will make sure it doesnt go anywhere.

good thing about mdf is that its not too slidy , and when flexi places his 1210's on the desk the rubber feet will adhere tothe mdf quickly making sure they dont go anywhere. i have made dj desks before and from first hand experience i know that when everything is on there and all the vinyl is in also the thing isnt going to go anywhere.

I think the deck desk looks great. I just ordered a pair of decks on ebay last week, and waiting for them now. First real decks I will have owned. Hopefully the tone arms won't get mashed in postage. :o

I wondered what the space in the bottom center of the shelf area is intended for? Will there be amp, eq's, CD etc sitting on the floor under there?

well, as Flexi said that nowadays has no problem to say I'm using Gemini in my setup, I just pick up a old photo from it over a made-for-civilized-humans-desk before the smoke-and-audio-vandalism and memory-destruction ages. (yes, I still using Gemini)

OgAAAHQrN5J63H2VvEMQ1MygZA5dhfq20hnsj6pYuY8ZS-qWyAAi1IMpg7h_OYoMzI4PKi1Ehxq5UzlvksFMaaY02-cAm1T1UEZ8yHfnDNMHEqox1QTBgV638NHc.jpg

It had good looks, but after those ages it got some scratches on surface and it has got a bad looks due to a lot of ashes of cigarette over it (also it got over the surface food, drink, etc). So, that was why I said something about wood.

madox: What decks you bought?

KB

madox: What decks you bought?

I got American Audio HTD4.5's. These turntables are essentially a badged product, which is also sold by Stanton, and a few others. I think there may be some very minor differences between the offerings of the different brands, but basically the same deck.

I got them for a low price on eBay. Unfortunately, these turntables don't have a cover at all, so I am concerned about the tonearm assembly getting smashed in transit. That would be pretty upsetting. Still, I don't mind a few risks. I'm yet to sort out an interstate courier for these.

I still have a soft spot for SL1200MkII's, but I am more than happy to have some decent, cheaper decks at home. I'm not a DJ anyway.

Cheers,

madox