TK.

MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

1,567 posts in this topic

hi TK

so v4+ starts this is great!

CC in drum layer works just fine, but values are hiding after pattern is restarting.

Would be possible to configure CC numbers from HW file or in options?

Way you set it its just fine,was wondering if there are options

 

testing continue...

thank you

  K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drum layer does not send Pitch,Program change and Aftertouch

 

 

k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, the CC values are now configurable in the options page (item 20/26)

http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_095_pre4.zip

Pitch/Program Change/Aftertouch are now sending as well, but note that these are channel events and not key specific events. Which means, that only the first drum instrument can change the values, the remaining instruments won't send such MIDI events.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It works great.CC layer and config!

Regarding channel events fact,i think it is allready great if its working,personaly don't mind that is only on first inst.

Two proposals here

1.

When Copying DRUM track,could PASTE include also Parameter layers settings in "Only Steps" mode?

I've noticed that this is the case with NOTE track,

I thought this can be handy for DRUM track also

 

2.

I understand that view for editing DRUM track after changing parameter layer alway reset tu drum instrument view after pattern restarts in order to keep it always on top,

maybe an option between toggle/momentarly PLayers buttons and screen behavior

 

Damn it ,works fantastic

kind regards

      K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

last thing

could Transposer and Arpegiator settings in MIDI menu be saved with Session?

 

best regards

  Kazik

 

Edited by k2z3k0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, k2z3k0 said:

1.

When Copying DRUM track,could PASTE include also Parameter layers settings in "Only Steps" mode?

I've noticed that this is the case with NOTE track,

I thought this can be handy for DRUM track also

Alright, parameter layer assignments are copied now:
http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_095_pre6.zip

10 hours ago, k2z3k0 said:

I understand that view for editing DRUM track after changing parameter layer alway reset tu drum instrument view after pattern restarts in order to keep it always on top,

maybe an option between toggle/momentarly PLayers buttons and screen behavior

Can now be done with this update.

press&hold EDIT button, and select the "Par View" (which is the 303 view for common tracks) - this will keep the parameter layer view.
Btw.: Trg and Layer view are now supported for drum tracks as well

9 hours ago, k2z3k0 said:

could Transposer and Arpegiator settings in MIDI menu be saved with Session?

The port assignment wasn't recovered correctly, should work now.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As always fantastic work Tk!

thank you so much

   K

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! :cheers:

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So..  I get some double triggering when realtime record from my controller..   I can't really figure it out.   I felt it could have something to with the 'live forwarding' parameter but I cant be sure

has anyone run into this?

when playing the controller liveinto the midi box ill get some double notes sounding on a particular step in time, but the recording only captures one of those two triggers. 

Edited by lobit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lobit said:

So..  I get some double triggering when realtime record from my controller..   I can't really figure it out.   I felt it could have something to with the 'live forwarding' parameter but I cant be sure

has anyone run into this?

when playing the controller liveinto the midi box ill get some double notes sounding on a particular step in time, but the recording only captures one of those two triggers.

I don't know if this is the problem, but live forwarding 'on' can cause confusion with simultaneous MIDI router settings. If you have Live Fwd on, the Fwd function will forward the notes to the synth, but at the same time you might be using the MIDI Router to forward those same notes to the synth as well. A further cause of double triggering of notes might be that your controller is a synth which has its 'Local' setting on; in this case notes are triggered by the synth itself as well as the SEQ (if Fwd and/or MIDI Router is set to do it).

My personal opinion is that Live Fwd 'on' is good for certain setups (e.g. one non-synth controller with one or more module/desktop synths), but if you have a few controllers and a few synths, I think MIDI Router is more useful (and Live Fwd is 'off'). For example, I have four controllers, two of which are synths, and the synths' 'Local' setting is off. So if I want to play synth 1 with its own keyboard, I will have to choose the right track on the SEQ (the Router setting 'Sel. Trk' is very useful). See the relevant section in the Beginner's Guide for details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a bug in v4.095pre6 (using Wilba CS) where all encoders become unresponsive after using live record. The encoders appear to work fine until a note has been recorded - after this they become unresponsive. This seems to be the case only when notes are recorded while the sequencer is playing.

Edited by jarvis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jarvis said:

I found a bug in v4.095pre6 (using Wilba CS) where all encoders become unresponsive after using live record. The encoders appear to work fine until a note has been recorded - after this they become unresponsive. This seems to be the case only when notes are recorded while the sequencer is playing.

Same here, and can also confirm it is happening in  seq_v4_095_pre4 also.

"Glad" to hear it's not only mine which is failing, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot TK that works now.

On the other hand I found out that if you use, under "About this midibox" the "SD Card" option then the sequencer stops and is no longer playing unless you restart the device again.

Not sure if this has to do with my module only.

By the way do you think a Restart/Reset option could be easily implemented to avoid having to disconnect the machine?

Thanks a lot for your time and effort!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot @TK. !!

Another suggestion for future releases that could be interesting but not sure about it's complexity:

 Auto-fill steps while in DRUM track mode,

Let's say you press GP3 button (fill start) for two seconds, that would invoke FILL mode ( "FILL" flashing above the steps), without (or not?) releasing GP3 press GP11 (fill end) to set the end of the steps to be auto filled: steps 3 to 11. 

  (3)xxxxxxx(11)

 I think this could be very useful, for instance, in HI HATS parts

 Hope you get the idea because my explanations are not the best!!!

 

 Anyway, thanks again, you are great!

Edited by jzurd0
GP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

upps.. since my last update (from svn rev.2551 to rev.2561) my SEQ switched (always) after booting to the option 'JAM' instead "T&A" on the following page:

SEQV4-MENU015MIDI001.gif

Edited by Rio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to decouple a track from the master clock and advance the step from another track? I know it sounds unintuitive, but one of the most fun parts of the sh-101 sequencer is the ability to advance through the steps with an external trigger source like an 808 or 606. This allows for some really interesting variety for a relatively simple sequence (I always think of them as 'rolling' sequences).

For a 4 step note sequence ABCD
And a 16 step trig sequence *--**--*------*-


*--**--*------*-|*--**--*------*-|*--**--*------*-|*--**--*------*-
A  BC  D      A  B  CD  A      B  C  DA  B      C  D  AB  C      D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disregard that question - I figured it out. This sequencer keeps amazing me!

If anyone else hasn't figured it out:

On your target track (the one with the notes you want to play), open the mode menu. Set mode to 'normal', select a bus, and change STrg to 'on'.

On your 'step' track (the one to advance the steps of the target track), open the event menu. Select the bus you specified for the target track. Now any steps you enter in edit mode will cause the sequencer of the target track to advance a step.

:cheers:

Edited by jarvis
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.1.2018 at 10:05 PM, jzurd0 said:

Another suggestion for future releases that could be interesting but not sure about it's complexity:

 Auto-fill steps while in DRUM track mode,

Let's say you press GP3 button (fill start) for two seconds, that would invoke FILL mode ( "FILL" flashing above the steps), without (or not?) releasing GP3 press GP11 (fill end) to set the end of the steps to be auto filled: steps 3 to 11. 

Ok, added to the wish list.

I guess that this could be useful for common tracks as well.

On 19.1.2018 at 11:37 PM, Rio said:

upps.. since my last update (from svn rev.2551 to rev.2561) my SEQ switched (always) after booting to the option 'JAM' instead "T&A" on the following page

Should be fixed now:
http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_095_pre9.zip

2 hours ago, jarvis said:

Disregard that question - I figured it out. This sequencer keeps amazing me!

If anyone else hasn't figured it out:

On your target track (the one with the notes you want to play), open the mode menu. Set mode to 'normal', select a bus, and change STrg to 'on'.

On your 'step' track (the one to advance the steps of the target track), open the event menu. Select the bus you specified for the target track. Now any steps you enter in edit mode will cause the sequencer of the target track to advance a step.

:cheers:

A frequently requested feature, meanwhile even mentioned in one of Oozitron's tutorial videos :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.1.2018 at 10:05 PM, jzurd0 said:

 Auto-fill steps while in DRUM track mode,

Let's say you press GP3 button (fill start) for two seconds, that would invoke FILL mode ( "FILL" flashing above the steps), without (or not?) releasing GP3 press GP11 (fill end) to set the end of the steps to be auto filled: steps 3 to 11. 

  (3)xxxxxxx(11)

 

Wouldn't just turning on all the steps be much faster than holding a switch for two seconds and then do something else? Disregarding for a moment the fact that the tact switches on my seq are not all responding the same (so one or two might not turn on), I can just run my finger over consecutive steps I want to turn on in one fluent "crescendo" motion.

Also, "Fill" makes me think of "fills" as in "drum fills" -- you know, the kind of stuff you play at the end of a chorus / loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi everyone

i found small problem with saving MIX MAP

while in PATTERN mode ,after executing COPY + PASTE (duplicate current patterns + mix map to next slot) A1->A2

duplicated MIX MAP is shown on the screen but,after SAVE ALL when switch back to previous patterns A2->A1 and back again A1->A2

MIX MAP appears not to be saved.

 

 

bests

    K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to make bookmarks "follow" the currently selected track?

 

I have had to use bookmarks to bring some functions (divider , random generator, echo etc ) onto their own dedicated buttons on my adapted front panel, however I am now stuck in the  situation where SOME buttons ( length / direction etc) ARE  track sensitive (i.e. if I am on group 4 track 4 the menu is applied directly to that track  ( which I LIKE ) , where as the bookmarked pages use the track that I was on when I saved the book mark ( which is confusing as I end up applying changes to the wrong track often)

is there a way to change this?

 

thanks

 

Phill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
my bpm-led flashes aynchronous to the beat. (v4_095_pre9). Any ideas?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now