How do I upload preset patches into Sammich SID?

vintagestar

Hi,

I am trying to upload the preset patches into sammichSID. I am kind of lost on this page http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_ed.html

Actually, which software I need to upload the patches into sammichSID? Is the Midi Yoke installation neccessory? I am using Window Vista on my notebook. I have follow the instruction on the page but I am not able to install Midi Yoke. Is it because I am using Windows Vista, not XP or 2000?

I need to dowload all JSynthLib, Midi Yoke, Midi-Ox, MIDIbox SID V2 editor. Am I correct?

Regards,

vintagestar

Thanks. Do I need to do any setup on the sammichSID before I do the transmit? I don't know if my midi interface is muti-client capable or not. It is not a sound card. It is those USB <-> Midi convertor cable with a build-in device. I've load the preset sound patch into "Midibox SID Editor" and then I choose "Transmit patch to memory" and it pops out saying that the MidiBox SID not responding and ask me to check the connection. I am pretty sure my midi in and out is working, because I am able to use MIOS Studio to upload the firmware.

Image1.jpg?t=1264349215

Image2.jpg?t=1264349322

Edited by vintagestar

Problem fixed. Need to use MidiTrix and Midi Yoke before I start the Midi SID editor. Thanks

One question for you are you using 64 bit Vista?

I had a similar problem to yours that is still unresolved...I tried to use miditrix and midi yoke with no luck, I am fairly certain I have them set up correctly because I was able to upload the patches using them under WIN XP but no luck so far with VISTA 64.

If anyone has found a solution let me know. Thanks to all!

regards,

claiborne

One question for you are you using 64 bit Vista?

I had a similar problem to yours that is still unresolved...I tried to use miditrix and midi yoke with no luck, I am fairly certain I have them set up correctly because I was able to upload the patches using them under WIN XP but no luck so far with VISTA 64.

If anyone has found a solution let me know. Thanks to all!

regards,

claiborne

Oh, I forgot to mention. I fix the problem with my desktop which is Windows XP. I think they don't work in Vista, Midi Yote is not compatible with Window Vista.

Edited by vintagestar

Thanks for the reply...I guess the problem is using MIDIYoke under Vista, I had to use an XP computer to upload the patches/use the editor also. I was able to use MIOS Studio with VISTA to upload the firmware I guess because it doesn't require MIDIYoke.

Anyone have any idea why MIDIYoke wouldn't work with VISTA? Or an alternative to MIDIYoke?

regards,

claiborne

Anyone have any idea why MIDIYoke wouldn't work with VISTA? Or an alternative to MIDIYoke?

I've used MIDIYoke (with Miditrix) under Vista x64. Can't really help you with setting it up since I've had no problems. It just worked "out of the box."

If you can, I'd go for a proper midi hardware solution. In my experience most MIDI <-> USB cables only create a bunch of problems.

I had no end of trouble trying to upload the patches using XP and a USB MIDI cable. It was only the patches that gave trouble though, the MIOS to 1.9g went fine as did the MB6582 application but trying to load the sysex gave all kinds of errors, gave up in the end and used an old win 98 laptop and MIDI-OX. Worked first time.

• 10 months later...

Hi, I'm having the same problem as vintagestar, the difference being that when I try to install MIDI Yoke, it says it's been interupted halfway through and I have to start over. Same problem every time I try installing MIDI Yoke. I'm on Windows 7. I'm sure the easy answer is to use XP, but, any one know of any other options?

sammichSID has been my first soldering project ever. So frustrating to have come so far, only to get hung up on software issues!

I use MIDI Yoke on Windows 7, no problem at all.

Why do you need it anyway? You shouldn't need MIDI Yoke to use MIOS Studio 2 or the MB-SID V2 patch editor.

thanks for responding wilba!

When i try to transmit a bank, i get the error message vintagestar posted a screencap of, "The MBSID V2 is not responding. Please check all connections". Midi Routing is correct and I test MIDI in and out successfully in MIOS, so I assume my connections are ok (I am using MIDI to USB).

The MBSID V2 user manual (http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_ed.html) gave me the impression i need MIDItrix and Midi Yoke to overcome this.

• 4 months later...

yeah, me too, what's the deal with "mbsid not responding" on windows 7? I too thought you needed those programs to make it work

It is most likely the USB midi unit you are using... I had a similar problem with my shitty tascam US-122, and when I borrowed a different brand from a friend it worked... but since I built a GM5 I've never had any problems of any sort, well... except for the ones that I directly caused :unsure:

g

Hi,

I've got the same error message with the MB6582 editor under windows vista. I used MIDI-OX with a very low buffer rate, which worked well. I think it has to do with the buffer size, as the transfer works well in the first second and then breaks down.... I haven't tried to figure out if there is a setup for the buffer size in the MB6582 patch editor. Maybe worth to check this ...

Cheers

orange

Hey,

I'm having a similar problem using the editor on a mac getting the check all connections error message. I tried using http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ but nothing is happening... what am I missing? Would love to load some patches into my bank stick! Such an awesome little synth, but I'm not so good at programming the sounds lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having a similar problem using the editor on a mac getting the check all connections error message. I tried using http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ but nothing is happening... what am I missing? Would love to load some patches into my bank stick! Such an awesome little synth, but I'm not so good at programming the sounds lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Under MacOS you have to install MMJ because the original Java driver supported by Apple doesn't support SysEx:

http://www.humatic.de/htools/mmj.htm

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you Thorsten, I think I'm now on the right track, however it is still giving the same error. I've installed the MMJ and I'm using an m-audio profire 610 interface for the midi i/o, and I'm watching that data is sent using mios studio. I can see that it is transmitting and the midi connections are working. I'm now getting a new message just before the "check all connections" error, "mbsid says: received less bytes then expected" then it quickly gives me the check connections error. Does the midibox sid have to be put in a special receive mode for this to work? Sorry for such novice questions, but I've made it this far lol!

All the best,

Jordan

Update! I was actually able to load sysex files one by one using sysex librarian. Only problem is that I have to download the command and then save manually. Better then nothing :) but I still can load in the large 129 slot default patch set. Any thoughts?

- Jordan