Say thanks to TK for FIVE THOUSAND POSTS

stryd_one

Hey all

I've noticed that in just a few days time, after over 5 years of giving, TK will reach a total of 5000 posts on this forum. I was thinking that such a milestone seemed to call for some form of recognition.

If anyone has any other ideas (which I know a few do) then please speak up, but I was thinking of a 'donation drive'. There are almost 2500 users on this forum. Assuming 3/4 of them are inactive, even if everyone just donates a single dollar that's a pretty respectable sum of money. Anyone who can afford internet access has no excuse to say they can't afford $1. I'd rather keep it simple,say, we just pick a time and everyone dumps cash on TK at that time of day, on the day he hits 5000, or something :)

So whadda ya say people? I know everyone loves TK, let's get together on this one and say a really big thankyou :)

[glow=yellow,2,3000]Midnight UTC tuesday night/wednesday morning is the time, and the PayPal Development Button in the top right corner of this page is the place [/glow]

Well silverfish looks like just a day or three to go, but a very poor turnout. Very disappointing. But even if it's just the two of us... Maybe we can donate enough for a nice cold beer  ;)

I'm going to pay up at midnight UTC tuesday night/wednesday morning. Anyone else ???

I'm sure there's more than just us three who will do this. I'm sure that there are many of us who have always intended to donate but never got around to it, and this is a convenient reminder.

Change the topic to something that will catch people's attention, and everyone, donate a bit more than $1.

Change the topic to something that will catch people's attention, and everyone, donate a bit more than $1.

... or perhaps better $50, $100 or even $200

Why not donate a realistic sum (not $1). I think there are plenty of us who already donated a $100 or €100... but on the annonymus way on sourceforge.

Honestly... I'm too lazy to lift my behind to activate PayPal for a Dollar. - I better think about another donation on sourceforge this year, because I really apprechiate what Thorsten does.

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=3592.msg23480#msg23480

I don't want to offend... more excuse why I'm not interrested.  ;)

Greets, Roger

No offense taken mate :)

The idea was never to make a $1 donation, I'm sorry if I caused confusion...

The idea is to donate as much as you can! :)

I mentioned the figure of $1 only to demonstrate that even if it was only a small donation, provided that lots of people made that small donation, it would amount to a very worthwhile sum of cash. That way, people would not hesitate if they could only afford a dollar or two.

And to make something else clear, as per the thread you linked us to:

People, donating does NOT earn you ANY extra entitlements to anything. Just a good feeling :)

Mr. Klose, congratulations on being an amazing individual, a true innovator, and a gift to nerdy geek types everywhere! Thank you so much for your contributions, and I only wish I had more than a poor college student's wages to give back.

Here's to five thousand more posts!

I reaheaheally don't know if I should ask that, but I'm just a li'l bit curious (maybe you, too). TK, what came together? Enough for some more PICs or enough for some laptop or similar? Just give us some hint?  ::)

Some people felt like donating for webhosting or the y simply clicked the wrong button ;).

I wanna take this opportunity to thank everyone that has donated.

Thanks!  ;D ;D ;D

No Twin-X thank you for keeping it going regardless of people helping out or not :)

And since I didn't chime in yet, Thank you TK for such an awesome project.. it's monopolized the last 6 months or so of my free time and is going to continue to do so for a long time coming :)