MB-SEQ V3/V4 Control Surface PCB and matching case

Wilba

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wliba,

is that type of marquardt switch could be ok?.....great panel  :)

thank you

Nice switch. This footprint is not on the PCB, only standard 12x12mm tact, e-switch TL1240 and MEC

Doug asked me to consider this switch but I think the dimensions don't fit the rest of the design (I think height was the issue).

If you find me a datasheet for this switch I can see what is possible and what is not.

Does the data wheel mate with the same kind of encoders as the 16 ones used for the note select? -> Will 17 of the Voti style encoders be used on the cs?

Yes and yes.

The 16 step encoders are mounted above the PCB.

The datawheel encoder is mounted below the PCB, through a hole in the PCB (this is done by PCB manufacturer, no drill required). You use the washer and nut that comes with the encoder. If for some reason you didn't get some with encoders from Voti, etc. then I have plenty to spare (as does everyone who bought SoundWell encoders from me when I ran that bulk order).

So... making the datawheel encoder lower means the datawheel knob is at the right height for the panel. Of course, I put the same footprint for all encoders, so you could choose to mount the datawheel encoder above the PCB and use another kind of knob.

I just mounted the encoders on the prototype board - the SoundWell encoders fit perfectly, however, I needed to trim off the extra "knob" bit of the encoder base. This is easily done with a Dremel, but some wire cutters and strong hands will do the job.

Hi Wilba, DW

nice job, very professional as usual

i am NOT in, i don t want any, i don t want to know if this or that switch will fit and i am not really interested in building one, i don t need to know when you ll be ale to ship the box, and i don t even want to know if SmashTV is going to offer kits, ..... :)

Simone

Hi Wilba, DW

i am NOT in, i don t want any, i don t want to know if this or that switch will fit and i am not really interested in building one, i don t need to know when you ll be ale to ship the box, and i don t even want to know if SmashTV is going to offer kits, ..... :)

Simone

i'm sure you also represent the absolute majority of the guys who post here  :P

Hi Wilba, DW

Simone

Oooh, is SmashTV offering kits?  ;D

Wilba ,

you can have a drawing at this adress ...Marquardt created a stupid system ...you have to be member to see the pdf... :-[

http://www.marquardt-switches.com/tact-and-key-switches.html?&tx_productkatalog_pi1

then select the 6450  and ..to product table on the left and you have the drawing after the color selected... :P

i let you see...

Oooh, is SmashTV offering kits?  ;D

Kits? When? In what colour?  :P

SmashTV has absolutely nothing to do with this MB-SEQ project - Do not expect him to be stocking MB-SEQ CS PCBs/parts kits, or ultracore PCBs/parts kits now or in the future. At most, he might be generous and sell you MIDIbox module kits without PCBs. Any PM or email to SmashTV relating to this project will result in being banned for any and all bulk orders associated with this project.

Wilba ,

you can have a drawing at this adress ...Marquardt created a stupid system ...you have to be member to see the pdf... :-[

http://www.marquardt-switches.com/tact-and-key-switches.html?&tx_productkatalog_pi1

then select the 6450  and ..to product table on the left and you have the drawing after the color selected... :P

i let you see...

This switch won't work with this PCB/panel construction.

I can add the pads for this switch, but the switch plus cap is 13.2mm. To make this work with a 3mm panel, you'd need to reduce the gap form 10mm to 8mm. That's possible, but then the encoders will stick out an extra 2mm. That's fixable if you use different encoders, but there are no pads for different encoders. Even that is fixable... ;)

The "unfixable" thing is the size of the switch base overlaps where the spacers are to go on the PCB. Moving the mount holes for the spacers is hard.

It is a shame because I like this switch! I like it so much I'll keep thinking about if it's possible to make it work...

1---i understand ...i have some like-voti encoder a bit taller but the spacers could be a problem

even that switch is hard to get as here in france the distributor ask me about 1.70e /each for 100...in one color of course..

2---the switches you use are good but i thought about another system with mte's icecubes ...excuse me if it could disturb the plans...

on his picture you can see mte hold the button under the switch...i tried with a smaller switch placed were the led is on picture and it works as the switch has the right size....

so to get so soft led button my idea is to use the soft buton  (the same used on rm1x for ex) ...

3---if it's not possible to fix the icecube with that system they could be fixed direct on a switch like used on the xoxbox

both systems will save leds on panel...

thank you

3652_fetch_php_jpeg4d9a3df4ad79df7355c1a

f6a2_1.JPG

3656_tact_t_jpgd4a98aaa910eb84c867c5d731

3652_fetch_php_jpeg4d9a3df4ad79df7355c1a

f6a2_1.JPG

3656_tact_t_jpgd4a98aaa910eb84c867c5d731

The "soft" button looks like a standard 12mm x 12mm footprint. If you have a datasheet I can confirm this.

The switches I use are from e-switch, because they have the exact size "shaft" to fit the rectangular caps. But other kinds of 12mm x 12mm tactile switches will fit the PCB. I could drop the e-switch TL1240 footprint, and putting in a standard 6mm x 6mm tactile switch footprint (like what I used on MB-6582 and the picture with the "ice cube").

If you want it, then work out dimensions - it has to fit a 10mm gap and 3mm panel.

From just looking at the "ice cube", I can tell it's nearly 30mm from base of switch to top of the ice cube. I can't see how that will work with a 10mm gap and 3mm panel.

I can make changes to the PCB layout if it's not going to affect the intended components, but I'm not going to do any changes unless it's going to work (it will fit) and someone is definitely going to use it.