6582 SID MEGA-SALE #7

6582 SID MEGA-SALE #1: 200 SIDs

6582 SID MEGA-SALE #2: 312 SIDs

6582 SID MEGA-SALE #3: 512 SIDs

6582 SID MEGA-SALE #4: 312 SIDs

6582 SID MEGA-SALE #5: 546 SIDs

6582 SID MEGA-SALE #6: 624 SIDs

I'm up to MEGA-SALE #7! Insane! They'll run out eventually...  ;D

This MEGA-SALE will run in October/November, assuming there's enough pre-orders.

Add or check your pre-order on the list here:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_6582a_sid_mega_sale

The general process:

• You add your name to the pre-order list
  • I will contact you by PM or email and request you to send an order with your address and PayPal details
  • I send a PayPal invoice by email
  • You pay the PayPal invoice
  • I test, pack and post your SIDs

Do not email or PM me orders now!

This is just an announcement/reminder/pimpage of the MEGA-SALE #7, so there are a good number of pre-orders by the time I'm ready to run the sale in November/December.

THE GOODS

6582 (6582A) SIDs are just like 8580 SIDs and not like 6581 SIDs. They have the filter that works best for the MB-SID V2 Bassline mode, low noise, less bugs. Look elsewhere for whether 6582/8580 is better/worse than 6581.

I use eight of them in my MB-6582 MB-SID V2 Synth:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_6582

(but you already knew that)

THE DEAL

6582 SIDs cost AU$25 each plus postage and handling fees.

I add up the exact cost of SIDs and postage in Australian dollars, and then multiply by 1.0351966873706 to add the handling fee.

This means 6582 SIDs cost approximately AU$25.88 or US$21.72 or 14.77 EUR when including handling fees (actual exchange rate used by PayPal will be different).

Postage will be calculated as the actual cost to post, plus packaging. The PayPal invoice will include the handling fee in the postage amount.

Due to the Australian dollar falling (and for other reasons), I've had to increase the price of SIDs to AU$30.

This keeps the price in US$/Euro roughly the same as it was in previous sales.

When I run the sale, everyone who is on the list for SIDs will be informed of the actual price and asked to confirm their orders.

Hi guys,

I'm kinda new over here, although registred for a couple of years now!

I had to drop my midibox sid project, because of loads of work... But back in the game now!

Wilba I loved you work with your midibox sid, and decided to do the same (or almost, at least 8 SIDs running!)

So I'm interested with your megasell, but was wondering if I did something wrong:

I just edited the wiki page, to add my name and numbers of required chips. And then changed the total so that count my order in. Was it the way it was supposed to work?

Just to make sure really....

• 3 weeks later...

btw wilba, is that an Antec Lanboy Case on your table?? :D

Yes. That's the gaming rig I bought nearly four years ago... P4 3.2Ghz with Zalman CNPS9500 LED cooler and Zalman 

ZM-NB47J Northbridge cooler, ATI Radeon X850 XT with Zalman VF1000 LED cooler, and an "original" Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum with drive bay ports  (I later added the M-Audio Delta 1010LT so I could mix all eight SIDs.)

It's survived four years with very little maintenance or upgrading, only the coolers, 4GB RAM and extra HD were upgraded. It still plays the latest games (not that I play many these days)... still, I miss not having PS 3.0 on the graphics card, so it's probably time I bought a new desktop PC... and leave this box unmolested - it's had a good run and deserves to be retired as a fully-functioning PC :)

• 4 weeks later...

6582A SID MEGA-SALE #7 is in progress

I have sent PMs to people on the list.

Don't delay! Eternal happiness is just a [ few ]dollar[ s ] away!

If you're on the waiting list for spares, continue to wait. If people on the pre-order list don't reply, you will get their SIDs.

Thanks to everyone who replied already (about half the people on the list).

The rest of you, I'm tired of waiting.

If you replied before the time of this post, then you're in the first batch of 442 SIDs which will ship in December.

If you reply after the time of this post, then you're in the second batch of SIDs which will ship in January.

This means all people on the waiting list for spares will be upgraded to "real" orders in the second batch. Same rules will apply then too... I PM you, you reply with details, or you get dropped.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...