BEBDigitalAudio

A guide to build MIOS32 applications with Eclipse on Windows10

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I noticed that the MIDIBox DokuWiki is a little bit outdated (still based on XP screenshots) and not necessarily easy to understand for true beginners.

I have written the small guide here to describe step by step as best as possible the installation and configuration of Eclipse for MIOS32 projects.

All comments are welcome of course (and if somebody wants to try to make sure that nothing is missing or is wrong, he/she is welcome :cheers:)

Benoit

(EDIT : due to an update, the first version of the file has been deleted from this message to avoid any mismatch. Please see below for the updated version)

Edited by BEBDigitalAudio

Nice job!

I managed to do it the old fashioned way the other evening, just setting environment variables by hand and invoking "make" from the project directory. But this looks easy enough for anyone to try :). With Eclipse are you able to set different "presets" for distinct build environments? I know you can run into trouble with multiple toolchains etc.

Wow great Work @BEBDigitalAudio ! I will give it a deep review / test /
I will try to make a similar Tutorial with Code:blocks .
If you have no wiki account i will be pleased to create the following content, just pm me =)
Bests,
Jerome

8 hours ago, latigid on said:

Nice job!

I managed to do it the old fashioned way the other evening, just setting environment variables by hand and invoking "make" from the project directory. But this looks easy enough for anyone to try :). With Eclipse are you able to set different "presets" for distinct build environments? I know you can run into trouble with multiple toolchains etc.

Hi Latigid,

thank you for your comment.

About the "presets": they are already included. On this PC, I have different toolchain installed (one for Intel Galileo, one for MIOS32, one for XMOS, etc...), they all run under Eclipse and they do not conflict each other. The reason is simple : every instance of Eclipse saves its own settings in a separate directory. Eclipse does not know the concept of Windows registry (not portable), so there is no common place where configurations would conflict between each others.

However, you have to take within Eclipse about paths, because this may lead Eclipse to scan the wrong directory when it executes the makefile. That's why I never declare paths to toolchains directly in system's path environment variables, but directly within Eclipse

Benoit

Edited by BEBDigitalAudio

8 hours ago, Psykhaze said:

Wow great Work @BEBDigitalAudio ! I will give it a deep review / test /
I will try to make a similar Tutorial with Code:blocks .
If you have no wiki account i will be pleased to create the following content, just pm me =)
Bests,
Jerome

Hi Jerome (tiens un autre Français :happy:)

I sent you a PM about the Wiki

Benoit

On 23/08/2016 at 10:04 PM, latigid on said:

Nice job!

Hey Latigid

By the way, I just forgot to tell you : you can create as many "presets" as you want, with different toolchain configuration, just by creating as many workspaces as you want. For example, on this computer, I have one MIOS32 configuration for the "pure" MIDIBox projects (the projects presented on the website), and I have another one, located in a different directory, with its own SVN image for my HorusDSP projects (since there is a MIDIBox version of it). Each workspace has its own build environment configuration, defined in the Preferences.

When you switch from one workspace to another, Eclipse takes care to point to correct source code folder and toolchain folders.

If you need more help with this setup, just tell me, I can explain more in details