latigid on

Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

360 posts in this topic

@latigid onObviously, the SJs were the problem. I swapped their positions, and all tests work well now. Will continue with the build, there should be only the case left now :)

Thanks a lot for the help again!!!

@latigid onAll assembled and works well! Thanks a lot for the help again, it always pointed to the right location.

Pictures for the s/n will follow soon :)

Well done! I think yours is the first green-blue one, will be nice to see it!

Best,
Andy

P.S. cheers!

Hey guys having some issues with my jog wheel module. I think my core is ok, I can load programs and scripts and connect without issue. I'm trying to test the jog wheel module and getting crazy results. After loading the seq_l script no buttons work and all LED's light up. when i touch the back of the PCB everything goes crazy. tons of input to MIOS studio and random LED's lighting up. I check each led orientation as well as the diodes and other parts. I reflowed everything with the exact same behavior. All of my parts came from the Mouser list I imported on the Midiphy site.

thanks,

Luke

Posted (edited)

59 minutes ago, lukas412 said:

Hey guys having some issues with my jog wheel module. I think my core is ok, I can load programs and scripts and connect without issue. I'm trying to test the jog wheel module and getting crazy results. After loading the seq_l script no buttons work and all LED's light up. when i touch the back of the PCB everything goes crazy. tons of input to MIOS studio and random LED's lighting up. I check each led orientation as well as the diodes and other parts. I reflowed everything with the exact same behavior. All of my parts came from the Mouser list I imported on the Midiphy site.

thanks,

Luke

Ahhh! I should have read the thread I see Karg just had the same problem! Looks like I have the wrong part too.

thanks all.

Update, and of course it all works perfectly!

Edited by lukas412

Yes, it happens so quickly, and it is not that there aren't any warnings to pay particular attention to use the bussed network. :)

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know what the part number for the Green LED in the Midiphy kit is? I broke one of mine and was going to order another set from Midiphy but the shipping is really steep to the USA for such a cheap part.

thanks,

Luke

Edit: Midiphy are amazing I had a whole additional bag of LED's because they send you extra in the kit!

Edited by lukas412

Okay, this is sad, but my construction efforts have run into problems at the first test point: loading the firmware onto to the MCU. Eventually I figured out that there's a short between +5V and GND on the USB PCB itself. I finally isolated it to this PCB by disconnecting the ribbon cable between the two PCBs. I've also removed the TVS diode, figuring that it might be the most likely place for a solder short. I've examined my solder joints with a magnifier and microscope(!) and have found nothing.

Could I obtain either a schematic or the PCB artwork for this PCB? It would help with locating the problem if I knew which traces are +5V and which are GND. I'm assuming that +5V is on the first two conductors of the ribbon cable and GND is the last two conductors, based on the silkscreen notations near the ribbon cable connector. The next thing I'm going to have to do is start removing parts one by one, which is unfortunate since removing things like the USB connectors will not be easy.

Thanks--

--Adam

Can you post a picture of the soldering? The most likely place is on either of the two USB connectors. This is the bottom of the board with the +5V and 0V connections highlighted.

5d5b7fe7e9741_USB5.thumb.GIF.90832c83582