The official eBay thread!

moebius

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now for some questions.  What values would be best?  If the pots can be replaced, you'll need ones with 90 degrees of travel rather than the 280 or whatever it is on regular ones.  It looks like I can get a 25-unit lot with 100k pots.  Opinions?  Questions?

Now is the time for me to tell a little more about myself so you won't feel like I'm some sort of con-artist.  I've been selling stuff on Ebay for a couple years under the name "frotz661" with a current score of 203/100%.  I deal mostly in vintage computer equipment and have lots of repeat customers.

Davo

10k linear is recommended but word has it that 20k and 50k have worked fine so 100k might too... I've only read this but I haven't heard how or why and I haven't read the datasheet to find out how the pins behave.

I could give a more definitive answer if I found out if/why 10 or 50 both work the exact same way, but I'll wait and see if anyone else knows before I reinvent the wheel and get red eyes reading the datasheet ;)

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9735358205&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT

A very cheap source of 240 x 64 (backlighted) GLCDs. He is selling one after another, but I have already bought four of his displays for my projects.

They contain the Toshiba T6963C controller - ideal if you want to use the display in a vertical way. Mine will be used for a general purpose synth editor box with knobs to both sides of the display.

Regards, ilmenator

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh come on DrBunsen I didn't mean it ;)

<TopGun Victory Scene>

You can snipe my auctions anytime

Bull#$*t, you can snipe mine!

</TopGun Victory Scene>

OK fellas, I saw it first: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260015289167

<italian mafioso>keepa da hands off...capisci??</italian mafioso>  ;)

Yeh, I've been writing too much code ;)

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants them, bid a dollar or two higher than me.  I've got cold feet on the cost - they're dirt cheap if you want motorfaders though.

Yeh I saw those and sat and thought about what I could do with them.... Basically trying to justify spending the cash ;)

I hope one of you snaps them up cause they're really tasty... If noone else wants them, let me know, and I'll buy some for my far-away x0xb0x

I've got dibs on the Motorfaders................PLEASE DON'T OUT BID ME ;)

I'm getting close to finishing my Ableton Live controller so it's time to start gathering parts for my next project, the Motormix clone for my new (secondhand) Protools TDM system.

Here are some cheap 40 x 2 LCD's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&item=200019353422&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Though they must be brought in lots of 10  :P , Still cheap but.

Thanks