The official eBay thread!

moebius

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a Tascam TMD-4000 faderbank on *bay - looks like a set of motorized ALPS faders to me, but I am not sure as I have no service manual. For US people, in Atlanta, Georgia.

Please don't bid on that one as I have "convinced" a buddy to bid on the article already. Thanks!

Here is a Tascam TMD-4000 faderbank on *bay - looks like a set of motorized ALPS faders to me, but I am not sure as I have no service manual. For US people, in Atlanta, Georgia.

Hmm this is a very cheap auction, Im thinking about to buy them but after studying the manual of this Tascam-machine I didnt found anything if the faders are touch sensitive :(

Has anyone  experiences with this mixer ?

Regards

I'm pretty confident the faders are not touch sensitive.  A studio I used to record in had one, and I certainly don't recall using touch functionality until I got a Logic Control.  (I'm not 100% sure it was this exact model however).

All the pics I could find show plastic fader caps as well, which sort of suggests they are not touch sensitive.

Oh, and I just found this: http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/ELECTRONICS/AV/TM-D4000_manual.pdf

Well, the faders do look like ALPS RSAON11M9 - observe the raindrop-like recess on one end on the top. The fact that the fader caps were made from plastic only indicates that Tascam decided not to offer touch sensitivity in their product. The faders may still have that. You could check the ALPS website to see if ALPS even produce motorized faders of this type that do not have touch sensitivity. I doubt that, but you better look for yourself!

Edit: please don't bid on that article, I have a buddy bidding already!

You could check the ALPS website to see if ALPS even produce motorized faders of this type that do not have touch sensitivity. I doubt that, but you better look for yourself!

Nice idea, Ill check that :)

Edit: please don't bid on that article, I have a buddy bidding already!

>:( grrr  :) no problem, I wanted to "Buyitnow"

Ive seen in his feedbacks that he saled a same bunch before for 75$, maybe he have more of this faders.When I figured out the touch-sensors Ill contact him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I have built USB PIC and GM5, but its interesting what chip could be inside that converter :)

It doesn't work correctly anyhow!

I will add this interface to the blacklist, as SysEx transfers are not working properly, see http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,13658.msg117436.html

Somehow I've the impression that many low-cost MIDI interfaces contain the same chip with the same buggy firmware.

Good that MBHP_CORE_STM32 comes with an integrated USB interface ;)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 8 months later...