Didn't get in the first MB-6582 PCB bulk order? Then post here

Slorrin

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i'd maybe be interested in another set of PCB's at some time in the future, but don't count on me.

Having said that, you don't necessarily need 50 people, that's just the point at which you start to get a good price break. I imagine that if you got together 25, you'd get a better price than the $150 individual costs. I wonder if SmashTV has considered fronting some cash and selling the PCB's through his website store??

I would surely need at least one more base PCB after some time but only if Willba do the job. I`m not hoping SmashTV will have these in his shop as he dont send worldwide. Nor do Mike. But, I can make PCBs cheaper, locally, If Willba is willing to share the PCB files.  :)

I would surely need at least one more base PCB after some time but only if Willba do the job. I`m not hoping SmashTV will have these in his shop as he dont send worldwide. Nor do Mike. But, I can make PCBs cheaper, locally, If Willba is willing to share the PCB files.  :)

Sasha,

Then why not let it send to my place from there i can send it to you. Only problem for you would be double shipping  cost.

Regards,

Jeffry

Thanks for an offer, it could be last alternative. And in that case I would need to pay 2xVAT+2x custon taxes. For that money I could get few same quality PCBs locally. OK, maybe not red one but I don`t plan to house it in transparent box anyway.  ;D I`ll ask Wilba about PCB files when he get back from vacation.

I`m not hoping SmashTV will have these in his shop as he dont send worldwide. Nor do Mike.
Wow nice attitude.....If you would have turned off the whining about availability for 5 minutes a while back I would have found a cheap way to get stuff to you.  Hard to want to help someone who only serves up aggression and unfounded doubt (group order).

Take a step back with the mouth please, Considering your past tone I'm more in the mood to show you the door than hear any more.

SmashTV

If you would have turned off the whining about availability for 5 minutes a while back I would have found a cheap way to get stuff to you.  Hard to want to

Take a step back with the mouth please, Considering your past tone I'm more in the mood to show you the door than hear any more.

SmashTV

Well Smash, I asked you few times about ordering without success, so why should be different this time?

You also ignored few of my emails that I send you over the past time regard different things, so I really cannot count on you. Ignorance is the thing I really don`t appreciate.

I dont mind you or Mike selling Wilba`s PCBs as long as you two are not the only sources. You took my comment in last post personally, and it wasn`t  personal. Comment in this post IS personal. This is all I can say. Any further discussion really makes no sense, and I will ignore it.

If you think you need to show me the door, go ahead, be a boss. I`m out of here.

1. Change the topic. It's called MB-6582, not 6582.

2. I have always stated I would share the PCB design with the MIDIbox community and will continue to do so. What was originally just "doing a few PCBs for the MB-SID fans" turned into "90 customers".

3. A future MB-6582 PCB bulk order (if it happens) will be run along the same lines as the previous one, so I get the right numbers of each kind, but payment will be by PayPal, in advance, including postage. Do not expect anyone else to "stock" these PCBs, it is costly and hard to know how many of each kind to stock (not everyone wants the control surface PCB).

4. I continue to have no intention of selling "kits" so don't ask. The best I can do is point you towards bulk orders and suppliers and provide complete parts lists and construction guides.

5. Join in the bulk order for panels now, there is no point waiting until you have PCBs, the base and control surface PCB design will not change.

6. You can email me to get your email address on the notify list. Jason.S.Williams@IHATESPAMgmail.com

A price review would be nice.. sure I could dig it up from previous archives.. but.. yeah..  I imagine the individual price is broken down by how many people go in?

No, it goes like this:

Base PCB: US$20

Control Surface PCB: US$20

If I get enough orders to make that price with current supplier, the order happens.

If I do not, the order does not happen.

Well Smash, I asked you few times about ordering without success, so why should be different this time?

You also ignored few of my emails that I send you over the past time regard different things, so I really cannot count on you. Ignorance is the thing I really don`t appreciate.

Right....I have a tendency to ignore people seeking a soapbox for ranting vs. people just needing help.  Not enough hours in the day to engage the random negativity.

I dont mind you or Mike selling Wilba`s PCBs as long as you two are not the only sources. You took my comment in last post personally, and it wasn`t  personal.
Personal or not, you used the issue to take a free swipe at both me and Mike.  Don't pretend to comprehend what we do until you have 5 year of filling orders for little pay.  Only then would you appreciate how damaging your negativity can be. 

Comment in this post IS personal. This is all I can say.
So do I deserve a flogging every time you post a new message?  You would not like that if I applied the same logic to you.  We never treated you the way you are addressing others back when you had less than 50 posts.

Any further discussion really makes no sense, and I will ignore it.

If you think you need to show me the door, go ahead, be a boss. I`m out of here.

That's fine, but beware your work is inspiring to many, considering that you represent us all as a community.  This community would rather see you act more like party host and less like captain bringdown.  :)

Boss is irrelevant, But I'm the guy hearing many complaints about your inability to get along with others.  Now that it's landed in my lap, either just you and I need to hash this out privately (and things improve) or it's exit time for you.  I simply don't have the time to read any more of your posts that the users are reporting to me.

I know you don't know me well enough yet to understand that my respect for your positive posts are the only reason we are talking about this now, else the trolling would have caused me to show you the door quite a few warnings (from others) ago.

Best Regards

SmashTV

Somehow this very simple and nice thread got all negative

just to review

The purpose of this thread is not to harass smashtv or wilba

The purpose of this thread is ONLY to indicate that, when the next bulk order happens, you are interested in buying PCBs for the MB-6582.

Wilba's last bulk order is being packe dup and shipped to group-buyers right now, so the only purpose of this thread is to get an idea of who missed that first group buy, and who would participate in a 2nd group buy.

When that number is large enough to make sense for there to be a group buy (to lower prices) then to deal with wilba, on his terms.  His prices are VERY good, and when we have enough people, it would make sense for him to do another group order.

Anyone is free to find an alternate source in the meantime, no one will get mad if you do that, and Wilba has said he will provide the schematics.  So that's another option.

My intention with this thread was for people l ike me, who found out too late about the group buy, and who would like to make sure that a running tally of how many people will be interested in the next group buy (assuming there is one).  That way the demand can be measured.

Wilba and SmashTV are both extremely generous, doing lots and lots of work for the community, and I personally want to thank both.  Wilba for this schematic/pannel design, and SmashTV for assembling some top notch kits, and providing great support for those kits, directly via email, and on th eboard.

Let's remember why we're here.  Just to say "I'd be interested in 2 pcbs for the MB-6582". 

And also, to serve lord Vishnu, on earth!

Just so we're all clear... when I said I will share this PCB with the community, I meant I will arrange future bulk orders of it. I am not releasing the PCB layout files for other people to get them made themselves. There's a difference between schematics and a PCB layout, the schematics for the MB-6582 PCBs are mostly the same as the Core and SID modules, the PCB layout is obviously different to SmashTV's PCBs as it's all on one board. There are many reasons for not releasing the PCB layout files, most of them are the same reasons SmashTV doesn't release the PCB layout files for his PCBs, and there's no point arguing about it here.

BTW I do not feel harassed, if there's more people who want these PCBs, that's great, but it's a lot easier for me to just copy people's email addresses and desired quantities into a spreadsheet than scan this thread for "me too!" posts.

Name on MB Base control

Opkod             1         1

Slorrin               1           1

Entrypoint     2

Jaicen             1         1

Sasha             1

Robwillis     4           4

ToF             1         1

Maniac             1             1

Mr. Fred     1         1

This is so far.