MB-6582 panels...

Doug Wellington

This may be a stupid question but, are these pannels the same as the ones from a year ago?  or has there been some change?  I managed to get a set of pannels in the first buy a long time ago, but then there were no pcbs avalilable for months so i stopped checking.

Have these pannels changed?  has the mb-6582 changed?  or is this just a new order of the same old pannels from before?

I would like to have not wasted money on that first set of pannels if possible :(

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madox, sure, I can add a couple extras.

Smithy, well...I already *do* have a shop!  I just might be adding more to it... ;D

Frailn, I'll machine the panels, then have them anodized, then I'll silkscreen them.  I can also have the panels powdercoated or I can spray the Nextel finish (as Waldorf used on the Pulse, Microwave XT, etc) on them.

Dreamer, does that answer your question as well?

Slorrin, these are the same basic design as the originals - that is, the holes are in the same place, but the silkscreen is now multi-color.  If your panels are good, you don't need to order any new ones.  If your panels have bad silkscreening, I can fix that for you.

Doug - AWESOME, thanks for the response and the offer to do this work! I will definately be shipping you my PT-10 panels once you work out the pricing details.

Peake - Doug is offering to modify the panels that come with the PT-10 you ordered. Once you get your PT-10 delivered, hold on to the removable control surface and back panels. Plan on shipping them to Doug for machining anodizing and silkscreening.

Peake - Doug is offering to modify the panels that come with the PT-10 you ordered. Once you get your PT-10 delivered, hold on to the removable control surface and back panels. Plan on shipping them to Doug for machining anodizing and silkscreening.

Thanks- Between this and the other three DIY forums I frequent, it's difficult to read every thread through to know every detail that is occuring for each of the projects I'm involved in...not that anyone else has that problem ;) Doug is an upstanding guy and I appreciate it. I'll certainly be into sending off the panel for Nicetization :)

I've just had a thought.

People who got PT-10's for the group buy I did probably have the original silk screened panel too. Perhaps some of us could post Doug our spare panels, then he would have a few extras. I was originally going to get them direct without panels to save carriage etc, but it was cheaper, in the end, to buy from a UK distributor and get free carriage in the UK.

Just a thought

Doog, You will need to post in the relevent PT-10 thread for your area of residence.

Thanks Goblinz, I'm based in the UK but can't seem to find a bulk order thread for Europe which also has the panels prepared by Doug Wellington - is the panel silkscreening only available to North America?

Thanks,

Doug

The silkscreening that I'm doing is available to anyone.  I'm not trying to do a general group buy on the PT-10 case, but if you're buying a panel from me, I'll be happy to ship a case with it.

There are holes in the corners of the PT-10 panels, so you'll have to let me know if you want me to use the PT-10 panel or to make the separate Wilba panel with no holes...

Thanks Goblinz, I'm based in the UK but can't seem to find a bulk order thread for Europe which also has the panels prepared by Doug Wellington - is the panel silkscreening only available to North America?

Thanks,

Doug

So, for europeans that want both case and panels there are two options. Getting both case and pannels from Doug Wellington or getting panels from him and case from this http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12073.0.html bulk order.

Goblinz: am I right?

So, for europeans that want both case and panels there are two options. Getting both case and pannels from Doug Wellington or getting panels from him and case from this http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12073.0.html bulk order.

Goblinz: am I right?

Sorry, was going to post yesterday but was busy working!

Yes, you're right.

If things go to plan then i will organise the data side of the bulk order, ie numbers, addresses, details, etc and then TheProf will do the physical side, ie. making the order and delivery. See this thread for the info  http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12073.30.html. I will start to organise this when I've got the Waldorf bulk order out of the way as my inbox is very busy at the moment.

Eddie

There are holes in the corners of the PT-10 panels, so you'll have to let me know if you want me to use the PT-10 panel or to make the separate Wilba panel with no holes...

Is there a big disadvantage to this?

Ill have to try and find a pic or look at the pdf to see what the flaw would be.

Thanks for sharing the info!  :)

Somebody get a doctor!!!  Oh, wait, it's just bugfight being dramatic...  ;D

My plan is to not use any JB Weld at all, regardless of its merits.  I'm using pressed in studs in the corners and pressed in standoffs in the other spots.  Wilba is going to give me a CAD file with locations for the standoffs - we won't need to use as many pressed in standoffs to accomplish the same thing as all the studs we needed with the JB Weld...

It's cosmetic.  (Well, that and you can save a few bucks if I use the panel that comes with the PT-10...)  ;)

Ah, sounds like a minor thing so! Thought it may have being a hole going all the way throught for screws or something!

Cheaper sounds good to me!  ;D

ACTING!!

ACHTUNG!