TK.

MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

1,369 posts in this topic

hi, here is a bug report.

i made a fresh session with 4 drum tracks (64/2*64) on group 1.
Copied the 4 track from group 1 to groups 2 3 4.
On group 1, everything is fine, but in groups 2-4, track 3 has a weird behaviour : active steps are skipped.

I joined a zip containing the session.

Best regard.

mbseq_debug.zip

Please can anyone explain me what the last commit 2597 in repository means:

Proposed UI changes for v4 + (to be discussed in person !:

It is a bugfix or a discussion? It isn‘t clear for me … Is it v4 related or only v4+? If I take a look inside source, it’s more blm8x8 related, right? I hope the master branch will not mixed up for uncertain testing purposes…

greetings. Rio

Edited by Rio

It's specific to the midiphy v4+, not to worry. The options should be broken out to the hwcfg file. But I would refrain from compiling this version for now.

It is not good to use further check-ins in this way ... the branch was always cleanly maintained for years. I use the master branch all the time for my V4. At this point, I'm not sure if I can continue build releases from that branch.

Edited by Rio

Good point, but please be patient for the next 12 hours or so.

Commits approved by TK. himself. As the config uses conditionals based on the midiphy version, you've got nothing to fear when using other formats. Happy compiling! 

@Rio no worries, it was only a "minimal invasive" patch that, as Andy said, would not touch or affect any non-midiphy SEQ v4+ variants. We visited TK today, thus the subversion commit comment "for personal discussion", which also had a smiley behind it. I tested the patch on my side thoroughly and expected it to be accepted by TK., but if it would not have been, it would have "cost" only a single subversion commit number to rollback.

Many greets,
Peter

Ok, and what has changed in rev. 2597? Please can you explain it to me? It affects TPD and blm8x8 sources - or I am wrong?

greetings,

rio

Edited by Rio

@Rio

blm8x8: minimal bitmask changes for the midiphy frontpanel matias switch superflux backlighting, conditional logic not active for a standard v4

tpd: added additional mode for slightly different midiphy frontpanel mini led matrices, conditional logic is not active for a standard v4 (+ optional external tpd)

Many greets,
Peter

Simply use the compare function in the SVN and you'll see the changes are minor and will have no effect on anything that you do.

Edited by latigid on

Thanks for detailed Infos. maybe it will be good next time to commit what has been changed and for which variant it is (or affects). Thanks and greetings, rio

Edited by Rio

I had write a manual usage for Pattern Remix workflow for those wondering what it is all about. Documentation suggestions are welcome as well.

http://midilab.co/midibox-seqv4-pattern-remix/

I had use a midibox seqv4 photo from user galery on this doc article, and if you're are that user and feels that its not good to have your photos outside this community please drop a line so i can delete the photo from the article or at least put your credits on the photo.

It is great that you have come up with such a document/page!

Please, upload that to the MIDIbox Wiki. We have seen a lot of effort lost over time because authors lost interest in MIDIbox for whatever reason, and then their website went offline, and all the fine documentation disappeared. No matter how enthusiastic you might be right now, there is a certain danger involved in offsite documentation. In short: offsite docu = bad.

Thanks!

On 22/10/2018 at 0:36 PM, ilmenator said:

It is great that you have come up with such a document/page!

Please, upload that to the MIDIbox Wiki. We have seen a lot of effort lost over time because authors lost interest in MIDIbox for whatever reason, and then their website went offline, and all the fine documentation disappeared. No matter how enthusiastic you might be right now, there is a certain danger involved in offsite documentation. In short: offsite docu = bad.

Thanks!

any ideas on where can i upload the documentation images? basicly those are just images simulating a lcd screen, i know that people here use some sort of lcd screen generator also for midibox seqv4 documentation. Maybe someone can point me the direction booth to standardirize(where can i generate those screens like seqv4 doc) and avoid offsite problems(a server to upload the images) on that matter.

14 minutes ago, midilab said:

any ideas on where can i upload the documentation images? basicly those are just images simulating a lcd screen, i know that people here use some sort of lcd screen generator also for midibox seqv4 documentation. Maybe someone can point me the direction booth to standardirize(where can i generate those screens like seqv4 doc) and avoid offsite problems(a server to upload the images) on that matter.

http://avtanski.net/projects/lcd/

("
character lcd simulator" on google ;)

Edited by Antichambre

12 minutes ago, Antichambre said:

http://avtanski.net/projects/lcd/

("
character lcd simulator" on google ;)

yeah there are a lot of then, i had use one for the matter. But when talk about standards for seqv4 doc i want to know exacly the one TK had use.

What's the difference? those Character lcds are already standard.
...But of course you can wait for TK's answer, he follows this thread very closely...

Best Bruno

Edited by Antichambre

18 hours ago, midilab said:

any ideas on where can i upload the documentation images?

Yes, that would be the MIDIbox Wiki.

As to where there exactly, I think the MBSEQv4 documentation page would be the logical place to put the link to a "MBSEQ v4 Workflow" wiki page. A workflow page doesn't exist there yet, you have to make it. And if you are in the business of making a new wiki page with your workflow info there, I guess it could just as well be a general "MBSEQ v4 Workflow" page; even if has only your workflow there, others can add their later.

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mididocs:midibox_seq_v4

UPDATE: Oh and about the LCD generator, I remember using something that I think was a perl script to generate them, I think I got it from TK when I was making similar shots for the MBSEQv4 Beginner's Guide a couple of years ago. I can't find it right now though, it's been too long, I don't remember anymore.

Edited by jjonas