kristal=

SEQ4 Case Bulk Order 2012?

36 posts in this topic

Hi guys

are their any Core32 users, who haven't got a case yet? If so, I'd like to put a SEQ4 case bulk order 2012 together. After collecting some experience with the ALBS knobs bulk order September 2012 ( ) I somehow caught the B.O. syndrome and the doctor said that he can't help me. :laugh:

So would you guys like to see a professional SEQ4 case bulk order 2012? Let me know!

Best regards

Martin

Haven't built one just yet, working on a seqv4L currently, but depending on price might be nice to have that part complete in advance...

Hello

I have understand that this case don't work LPC17core ?

If it's true why you don't change the size for use the with the both core ?

+1 Zephyrin, i'm interrested too for a LPC17 ! :flowers:

@shimoda: I guess the price will be in the ~90EUR range without shipping. I don't know the the exact weight of the case, but it's most likely under 5kg. So insured shipping will amount to US & World: 34,00 EUR & Europe: 15,00 EUR

@zephyrin: Not sure, if a LPC17 board will fit. According to orange_hand's building blog ( http://www.sequencer...hp?f=13&t=70858 ) the LPC17 board does fit, if you don't plan to mount the board directly to the back panel.

Well, I'm currently evaluating, if Core32 users are in need of a case bulk order. If more LPC17 board users call for a new case, we should do this task together. Never designed a case myself.

Edited by kristal=

I'm also very interested in a case, provided it can house an LPC17 core. I'll even be willing to switch it for a stm core if that's necessary...

/offe

i guess this is about the 17" panel heidenreich case?

if NOT, i'm in! i already got a 19" Schaeffer panel but i haven't found a decent 3U case yet.

i guess this is about the 17" panel heidenreich case?

if NOT, i'm in! i already got a 19" Schaeffer panel but i haven't found a decent 3U case yet.

Okay... now we have the question: do people want a 17" or a 19" case? Core32 or LPC17? I'd take a 17" Core32 case for myself, but I'd also like to know what others want.

Edited by kristal=

Okay... now we have the question: do people want a 17" or a 19" case? Core32 or LPC17? I'd take a 17" Core32 case for myself, but I'd also like to know what others want.

For me 17" or 19 " with LPC17

Edited by zephyrin

A 19" case would be great if there's one organised. I can use STM or LPC cores.

For me, 2x case for 17" LPC17, too. According to TK the LPC17 fit is just a cosmetic issue (LCD connector strain relief doesn't fit), if that's really the case I don't really mind that. It would also be possible to re-take all the measuring and make the front and back panel slightly higher (3-5mm), but... :rolleyes:

I'd be in for at least two cases- maybe even four. I want two for myself, and my two best friends will undoubtedly talk me into building SEQ4s for them sooner or later. I might as well get their cases now if you're thinking about doing a bulk order.

I don't have any Core32s, so I'd prefer 17" cases that will fit the LPC-17. If the LPC-17 can be made to fit in the old cases, that's cool too. 19" cases are also fine if that's what people want- I'll be happy with any case that isn't an ugly thing I make out of cardboard. :laugh:

Thanks!!

i got a STM32 core so it *would* fit the 17" one but as i already have the 19" panel and prefer rack mount anyway, i'd be in for anything 19" we'd come up with

1 person likes this

i got a STM32 core so it *would* fit the 17" one but as i already have the 19" panel and prefer rack mount anyway, i'd be in for anything 19" we'd come up with

Ditto, but I wonder if there is already a commercial solution available? I think my ideal case would be something like the DSI Prophet '08 module:

post-5453-0-20214300-1351670494_thumb.jp

With or without wooden sides :)

So, still vertical mount with a recess for the rear connectors.

1 person likes this

DSI Prophet '08 module very nice i like it

From a quick search tonight I couldn't find anything like the DSI case commercially available. Maybe this is not the right idea anyway, as rack-mounted the connectors would be quite cumbersome as they have to stick out of the top when the SEQ is vertically mounted. This could be avoided with a recess, but then we're very much into custom territory with oddly-shaped parts and angles >> cost.

From a tip off from Thomann do a 3U black case with 250 mm depth for 51 Euro.

Will the people after a 19" case want a traditional square rack or something angled?

Okay, so no demand for a Core32 case bulk. I think the best solution might be a 17" case that both fits a Core32 and a LPC17. But as I'm currently building my Core32 SEQ4, no further actions from me.

Edited by kristal=

An idea. Why not have a rectangular hole in the back of the case, that an 'L' shaped panel will slide into. Have back plates cut for whichever core you have, A bit like the optional sound modules for some keyboards.

hi kristal=

is your bulk order question about an SEQ V4 Case like that T.K. used (17" Desktop Case by Heidenreich)?

If so i am interessted in!

Regards

Edited by MaG2k

From a tip off from Thomann do a 3U black case with 250 mm depth for 51 Euro.

Will the people after a 19" case want a traditional square rack or something angled?

thanks for the link, that looks better than the case i have here.

i think traditional square will work. angled makes more sense in a desktop case.

i'll try the thomann case then

Just to throw in my situation:

I have a SEQ v4 board and a CORE32. My SEQ board is mostly built, but I don’t have a panel or an enclosure.

I’m in for almost any case bulk order. I don’t really care whether it’s 17†or 19â€. In either case I would like a sloped enclosure, not just a flat rack.

Even though I have a STM 32 core, I recognize that the future is LPC, so I don’t mind if the case doesn’t fit my STM 32. I will gladly build an LPC Core and find another use for my STM.

My original order on the failed heidenrich bulk was for a natural aluminum case, which I had planned to compliment a natural anodized aluminum panel. But since I’m in North America, it seems the Heidenrich case is not going to be a viable option for me, so I would consider almost any aesthetic just to finish this project! Still, I have decided that I’m not going to order a panel (easy to get) until I have a case in my hands (hard to get). Once I have the case it will be easy to decide the panel colour scheme.

A case that supports the LPC should IMHO include an opening for its ethernet jack. Also, an elegant SD card solution should exist for this! I was sad that the LPC Core was introduced without a component footprint for an SD Card slot, leaving MIDIboxers to figure out (i.e. hack) a solution for an external card slot for every build. But … it is what it is, so the case (or a relevant rear-panel design) should include the means for a sourcable SD card socket.

This is all just my opinion, and I appreciate the efforts of everybody who is designing stuff. I would have created an enclosure myself but I have found myself going through an ugly separation/divorce, so realistically I don’t expect to get into the seruous DIY designing again until maybe mid-2013.

I'm in for a 19'' LPC enclosure too.

I've counted 6 people interested in the 19'' and 7 in the 17''.

Aesthetics aside, wouldn't the 19'' suit both 17'' and 19'' users (isn't the only difference just 5.1 of cm on the sides ('B') )?

In which case I would be willing to put an order through for the 19'' LPC Heindereich case if people are interested and someone helps me with the design. Would the difference between a Core and an LPC be just an increase of the width ('T') of the case?

I'm also in for a desktop case for the Seq4 with lpc17 core