latigid on

midiphy SEQ v4+

364 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Antichambre said:

Did you try it?

Will try when I'm back. I've had success before with alu foil but I didn't have proper keycaps at the time.

maybe something to try is a plastic sheet in the shape of the bottom board installed -below- the top board with H- shaped cutouts where the switches are, which are bent upwards like wings to lightblock the sides of the switches between body and cap. this sheet could double as isolation sheet between top and bottom pcbs.

Posted (edited)

This is some 909 keycap as example, that is good! :love:
It mixes both colors better too.

Fichier%2009-03-2019%2009%2050%2011.jpeg

It's even better in the other way, more brightness.

Fichier%2009-03-2019%2010%2042%2039.jpeg

Edited by Antichambre

these caps look good. I'm thinking about it...

I was going to try painting the inside walls of the caps if the colour bleeding annoys me too much.

Any news on the CV/gate expander?

12 hours ago, pat_00 said:

Any news on the CV/gate expander?

Andy is back from the states and has access to proper soldering and test equipment again :) Speaking for myself, we have finalized the move to the new house, thus i have more time.
The v4+ modular extension is super high on our list, we are working on it: validation phase next and we need to design the eurorack frontpanels :).

Many greets,
Peter

Just now, Hawkeye said:

we need to design the eurorack frontpanels :).

The definitive or just a test?
If just a test, I can help...

Best regards
Bruno

@Antichambre, probably the definitive version - it is nothing dramatic and should be quite easy to handle, as it will be quite modular (lots of small panels).

Many greets!
Peter

Posted (edited)

wasn't aware there is an expansion for eurorack in the planning. damn, just ordered the panel for my aout ng + dout. :)

Edited by rbv2

On 12/03/2019 at 6:24 PM, rbv2 said:

wasn't aware there is an expansion for eurorack in the planning. damn, just ordered the panel for my aout ng + dout. :)

In case you or other MIDIboxers are distracted by social media like I am, we have a midiphy facebook page where we post regular updates such as stock statuses, new designs, news etc.. :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/midiphy

It would be great if members on here could give the page a like to show your support.

Also don't forget to enable the "See First" or "Get Notifications" Option to guarantee your chances of seeing our posts.

On desktop:

Image result for facebook see first

On Mobile, tap the "following" button if available, or the 3 dots button then "following":

Image result for facebook follow see first

Edited by Smithy

Hi there :) , I was about to order the seqv4+ Bom but at mouser they dont have anymore the needed mec switches. i was about to make the same button mod as antichambre (love the black caps) with 5GTH920 but they dont have them also :cry: ,argg no chance for me ! do you know any other place where i can order them ? (in europe as i'm from france)

thanks by advance !

@Smithy

thanks for the info, but i don't use facebook anymore.. :)

need to check the forum more often.

Merci @Antichambre !, did you use specific led with your mec ? i was about to choose standard 3mm 3.3v led rated for 5000mcd, is it enough bright for this kind of caps ? sorry for my my noob questions ;)

12 hours ago, otropom said:

Merci @Antichambre !, did you use specific led with your mec ? i was about to choose standard 3mm 3.3v led rated for 5000mcd, is it enough bright for this kind of caps ? sorry for my my noob questions ;)

In white 2800mcd 2600mcd was enough for me, but it's a question of taste.

Fichier%2015-03-2019%2012%2026%2014.jpeg

Note: there's a dedicated thread for this subject ;)

BR
Bruno

Edited by Antichambre