midiphy SEQ v4+

latigid on

Just now, Hawkeye said:

Bravo! Very nice! Thanks a lot also for documenting your modifications, especially the MEC switches, keycaps and the Beat LED window! 

Thank you, I made the beat led window on the CNC so I made more than one to do not waste this special acrylic. So I've got some for people who wants it, I can make more if necessary...
Peter, I can already send to you what I've got, as you can put it as a gift in the next orders and give one to Andy, TK when you meet them. What do you think?

Fichier%2028-12-2018%2000%2025%2026.jpeg

Best
Bruno

• Like 3

those switch-caps and led-window looking great. also the color scheme is fresh.

after the completion i realized how important it is to have the super flux leds exactly in the middle to achieve an even illumination. seems obvious, but i didn't think about it.

Consider giving the leds another try. ...still have six left :)

is there a special reason for the size of the cutouts for the super flux leds?

maybe a good idea to make the cutouts a bit smaller in a future revision of the le mec pcbs?

greetings

rbv2

I would like to add that this is a very pedantic observation :P

Edited by rbv2

1 hour ago, rbv2 said:

maybe a good idea to make the cutouts a bit smaller in a future revision of the le mec pcbs?

212-2129183_thumb-signal-emoji-ok-clip-a

1 hour ago, rbv2 said:

This is good to share your opinion or observation. Don't be sorry for that, that's how the community or projects improve.
And Andy uses to listen to all observations, if it's doable I'm sure he already wrote that somewhere ;)

Edited by Antichambre
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rbv2 said:

those switch-caps and led-window looking great. also the color scheme is fresh.

after the completion i realized how important it is to have the super flux leds exactly in the middle to achieve an even illumination. seems obvious, but i didn't think about it.

Consider giving the leds another try. ...still have six left :)

is there a special reason for the size of the cutouts for the super flux leds?

greetings

rbv2

I will request that the fab cuts the next lot a bit smaller. We're at the lower limit of the corner radius for the router bit though, so there's not much to be gained. If you centre the superflux legs on the SMT pads, you can control the diagonal displacement to get it a bit more in the middle. Personally, I never noticed an issue with alignment, even with the LED at the side of the cutout.

It is actually possible to increase the light transmission by wrapping the sides of the Matias switch with alu foil. Although the risk is low, I wouldn't recommend, just in case the foil falls off and shorts a component. Maybe there's some sort of foil tape? 

4 hours ago, latigid on said:

I will request that the fab cuts the next lot a bit smaller. We're at the lower limit of the corner radius for the router bit though, so there's not much to be gained. If you centre the superflux legs on the SMT pads, you can control the diagonal displacement to get it a bit more in the middle. Personally, I never noticed an issue with alignment, even with the LED at the side of the cutout.

It is actually possible to increase the light transmission by wrapping the sides of the Matias switch with alu foil. Although the risk is low, I wouldn't recommend, just in case the foil falls off and shorts a component. Maybe there's some sort of foil tape? 

wouldn't name it an issue. even when ignoring the alignment (like i did) its not obvious.

i love those shiny buttons as they are and if you place the leds approximately centered it will be perfect.

would never put alu foil or tape inside of that beauty :)

Yesss!!! I think I managed to give birth to number 5! It's looking awesome (and I never use this word) My camera completely fails to catch the beauty of this beast. The case is not white, but a bit creamy, it looks so professional, like a medicial/laboratory equipement.

I just followed the tutorials, no modifications. Only some tiny drop of superglue on some bolts to secure them. Oh and I ordered a clear beat LED and didn't like the looks so I sanded the top flat and now I like it. 

Very big thanks to TK, Peter, Andy and Adrian and everyone else involved in this evolution. Looking forward to the LoopA!

20181229_133746.jpg

20181229_134047.jpg

20181229_134322.jpg

• Like 3

5c2974fe242e6_SEQV4_1.thumb.JPG.2d7846a85c2975285bb57_SEQV4_2.thumb.JPG.13664553Almost Midiphy SEQ V4+ #6

Unfortunately I have a bad Display :-(  On one OLED only the second half of it is lighting up. The first half is very, very dim. I ruled out the connector and the cable. It‘s a problem somewhere on the OLED PCB. When I bend it (twisting it) a little bit on the left side, the display shortly comes to full life. Can not find the problem. Most likely a cold solder joint on the 43 pin flex strip.

I am building this SEQ for someone else and he is waiting yearningly for it. Bought it as part of a Midiphy kit. What shall I do?

Edited by CJ55

Congrats, #6 is looking good! Sorry to hear about the display, we will get it fixed!

Can you make sure, that you jumpered J15_S to 3.3V on the wCore PCB?

But that is probably not the problem - as you describe it, if the OLED lights up to full brightness, when it is slightly twisted, it definitely sounds like a hardware problem/cold soldering joint on the OLED PCB, just as you said. Could you send it back to us (in a Maxibrief (Warensendung), 5cm max letter "thickness", protected by bubblewrap)? No need to uninstall the pinheaders. We will refund your return shipping costs and send you a new OLED afterwards. Then, we will talk with Sunlike, the display manufacturer - they do a quality check of every display on their side before shipping out from Taiwan, but if it is a cold joint, the problem may have manifested after their test.

Many greets and have a good end-of-the-year!
Peter

Hi and a happy New Year! :)

After studying the manual and the WIKI beginner tutorial (which both are related to the V4) I ask myself where the "select button" has gone...
It should be possible (independent from that option setting) to clear a layer instead of a track when pressing "select+clear", but I dont see a "select button".

Pressing the Datawheel does not seem to be it, can you please point me into the right direction?

Many thanks and Best Regards,

jingo

Hello,

I may have discovered a small bug in FW 096-pre4 (hope this is the right place to post). Assume I got a normal notes track. When I first enter notes into layer PE (note layer) then these notes are also entered in PA (note layer) which was empty before. When PA is populated with at least one note then this does not occur.

Also I got another small question: I am playing around with arps and busses. I am sending notes/chords via BUS 1 from G1T4 to G1T1 (channel on BUS 1 as well as setting JAM/T&A does not seem to matter, G1T1 sends to OUT 1 Chan 1 to my WDorfPulse2) and the arps from G1T1 are playing as expected. When I delete the notes from G1T4 or leave G1T4 empty or switch G1T4 to send to another BUS the arps are still playing but with a "changed" sound. Long story short, I expected that no notes would be played. Is this by intention?

Anyway, I am impressed with the v4+. Its lightyears in front of others I owned like Squarp Pyramid or Kilpatrick Carbon. So many thanks for the good work :)!!

Best Regards,

jingo

Edited by jingo

@jingo great to hear, that you are happy - could you re-ask the arpeggiator/bus question over in the MIDIbox SEQ v4 release + feedback main thread? More people using it are watching it and at least TK. should have an answer :-).

@synaptech you are not the only one - checked a few other parcels we sent on their way to the U.S. - it seems customs processing is slow at this time of the year. Might it have to do with the government shutdown?
I found this: https://www.miq.com/resources/news/article/u.s.-federal-government-shutdown---u.s.-customs-and-border-protection-update/
I can confirm however, that one of the first v4+ cases has reached the continent of Australia and has been successfully delivered :).

Many greets,
Peter

great to hear, that you are happy - could you re-ask the arpeggiator/bus question over in the MIDIbox SEQ v4 release + feedback main thread? More people using it are watching it and at least TK. should have an answer :-).

Hi Peter,

i will do so,

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

jingo