latigid on

midiphy SEQ v4+

44 posts in this topic

Could you post the dimensions of the unit? It looks like it might stand a bit taller than the Wilba Seq in the Heidenreich case, and in my setup (read: table with rack on top), there's not much spare room above it. When not doing music, I like to slide it underneath the rack. Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, u-link said:

Could you post the dimensions of the unit? It looks like it might stand a bit taller than the Wilba Seq in the Heidenreich case, and in my setup (read: table with rack on top), there's not much spare room above it. When not doing music, I like to slide it underneath the rack. Thanks a lot!

Of course:

44.5cm width (+ side screwheads, 1 or 2 millimeters on each side)

14 cm depth (front to midi ports)

8 cm height (standing on the table, incl. rubber feet) without the encoder knobs.

With encoder knobs, i'd say currently 9.5cm height, it should go down to 9.3cm - read below.

In conclusion: the case is really compact (for its contents!), we had to do some optimizations to have the waveshare MCU board fit in there, especially we need low-profile female headers on the wCore PCB. But these are available and unproblematic, now all works out. Do you have the Heidenreich case measurements for comparison? I'd be interested!

Regarding the encoder knobs: we will probably suggest to Adrian to counter-sink them "into the frontpanel", i.e. have bigger cutouts, like another famous sequencer out there :).
This has to do with them not scratching the frontpanel when pushing them down, and optimizing height for another few millimeters.

Have a great weekend, y'all!
Many greets, Peter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Of course:

44.5cm width (+ side screwheads, 1 or 2 millimeters on each side)

14 cm depth (front to midi ports)

8 cm height (standing on the table, incl. rubber feet) without the encoder knobs.

With encoder knobs, i'd say currently 9.5cm height, it should go down to 9.3cm - read below.

In conclusion: the case is really compact (for its contents!), we had to do some optimizations to have the waveshare MCU board fit in there, especially we need low-profile female headers on the wCore PCB. But these are available and unproblematic, now all works out. Do you have the Heidenreich case measurements for comparison? I'd be interested!

Regarding the encoder knobs: we will probably suggest to Adrian to counter-sink them "into the frontpanel", i.e. have bigger cutouts, like another famous sequencer out there :).
This has to do with them not scratching the frontpanel when pushing them down, and optimizing height for another few millimeters.

Have a great weekend, y'all!
Many greets, Peter

 

Hey Peter,

I measured 43,8cm x 15,7cm x 8,8cm (WxDxH) on mine, including the rubber feet. Encoder knobs top and the (rounded) edge at the back are just about the same height. 

You are actually using very tall encoder knobs on the pics. The tapered, low profile ones on the other famous sequentixcer do handle very well i gotta add!

Thanks for info and have a nice weekend, too! BTW, do you not drink beer? Otherwise you should add a "buy Hawkeye a beer" signature, too. I'll also buy you an Apfelschorle if need be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best way to buy Hawkeye a beer is to visit him in Munich! *2 beers maximum applies* ;)

Guys, I was wondering if all the feature requests TK has implemented in the firmware have been documented anywhere besides on the thread?
I haven't read through the MIDIbox manual on ucapps and the wiki extensively to make sure.

It would be awesome to have an up to date manual for the SEQ V4(+). Since I've a lot of free time I could probably help out with that aspect.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Best way to buy Hawkeye a beer is to visit him in Munich! *2 beers maximum applies* ;)

Guys, I was wondering if all the feature requests TK has implemented in the firmware have been documented anywhere besides on the thread?
I haven't read through the MIDIbox manual on ucapps and the wiki extensively to make sure.

It would be awesome to have an up to date manual for the SEQ V4(+). Since I've a lot of free time I could probably help out with that aspect.

I will gladly help out on that, too!

I saw pictures of Midibox meet-ups back in the PIC-days - are there anymore of those happening? If so, I would be delighted to join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Regarding the encoder knobs: we will probably suggest to Adrian to counter-sink them "into the frontpanel", i.e. have bigger cutouts, like another famous sequencer out there :).

I'd rather not "countersink" them - I always feel better without dust getting inside the enclosure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, u-link said:

Regarding the encoder knobs: we will probably suggest to Adrian to counter-sink them "into the frontpanel", i.e. have bigger cutouts, like another famous sequencer out there :).

If you mean counterbore(chambering) not sure he will be able to do it because of the panel thickness.
About the other famous sequencer like, I don't know how it's made but I've got a MPC X and there's a plastic panel under the front panel

Fichier%2014-07-2018%2015%2001%2023.jpeg
 

47 minutes ago, ilmenator said:

I'd rather not "countersink" them - I always feel better without dust getting inside the enclosure.

You will get the same problem with the switches, isn't it? Then...

With a bigger cut-out, the problem is that only one knob diameter will fit inside, so no customisation ;)
I think about this (thin encoder) diameter is 14.2mm, https://store.djtechtools.com/products/chroma-caps-knobs-and-faders
ChromaCaps-_All_Types.jpg?1507223356EachKnobLabled-Blue-bettergrey.jpg?14914


Have a good afternoon!
Bruno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Antichambre said:

You will get the same problem with the switches, isn't it? Then...

Yes, and that's already bad enough, so why open it up for even more dust to enter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Antichambre said:

About the dust... I've got beautiful dust cover for my 909 and 727 which come from stardust in Portugal, made in Portugal they are able to fab various shape.

Fichier%2014-07-2018%2015%2023%2045.jpg?

https://www.stardustcovers.com/store

We can maybe deal something with them and put it in the shop ;)
 

Nice idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ilmenator said:

Yes, and that's already bad enough, so why open it up for even more dust to enter?

Above ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, latigid on said:

Nice idea!

You maybe busy, you want me to try, take the first contact?

There's a lot of new models I just order 2 more: Syncussion and SH-9 :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice offer, I would say that I'm interested in the covers to block all of these evil holes, but certainly we wouldn't be purchasing anything for a long time. If they can give an idea on pricing please let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, latigid on said:

Nice offer, I would say that I'm interested in the covers to block all of these evil holes, but certainly we wouldn't be purchasing anything for a long time. If they can give an idea on pricing please let me know!

Done! I return to you and Peter once I've got an answer ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only now I realised it has 4 midi ins and 8 midi outs after Hawkeye pointed it out to me! 

I think originally Andy in the other thread you were going for 2 midi ins and 6 midi outs?

Just wanted to thank you for giving us the extra ports.

Now I can easily hook up 2 keyboards a drum pad and the LoopA V2 to the input ports when it's done. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LoopA has six ports (two ins, three outs and one "BLM" that could be used as a normal out or I/O combined on a DIN8)

The v4+ has I2C (four outs) and MIDI8. MIDI8 is either 4I/4O or 3I/3O with a BLM. In case the BLM is used, the 7th DIN8 connector is redundant. But, you could use it as a power supply to the BLM and/or a +/-12V PSU.

Wait until you see what Bruno's working on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, latigid on said:

Wait until you see what Bruno's working on!

I'm working on it right now! I spent all my free time on this ;)

Edited by Antichambre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Now I can easily hook up 2 keyboards a drum pad and the LoopA V2 to the input ports when it's done. :)

If it works fine you will never ask yourself this question again ;) hihi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now