latigid on

midiphy SEQ v4+

211 posts in this topic

Did you just read this thread or the concept one as well? :happy:

Participation is simple, just buy the boards/kits and parts when they're available. No bulk order or pre-payment. When the first batch is sold, we'll reorder and so on.

Hope that helps,
Andy

On 05/11/2018 at 4:57 PM, Nestle said:

I tried to read thru the whole topic, but man was it long ;)

So, one question: How is the participation to join this handled? Am I already late, or is it just starting? This would get me back to the Midibox bandwagon, as my cardbox Midibox SEQv4 is really a pain and I have had it on the shelf for years now :)

Cool that there is active people creating new projects. Very nice indeed 

You're not too late, rather just in time! Keep an eye on this thread and on midiphy.com

Hi Andy,
It seems you finished the multi-midi-thru-pcb but it also seems you added some more features, what are the Jacks for? Fx pedal? ;)  And the USB connector? Power?
Interesting!

Best
Bruno

Still waiting for another builder to verify it, but the 3.5mm sockets are meant for MIDI too. The resistors can be installed both ways around, as there are two possible standards.

USB is boring power, yep!

Too funny! I was just having my first go on Eagle with pretty much the same design, might as well wait for yours to become available now. Is the thru on one out or split between both outs?

New thread maybe? The thru is on all seven outputs (4 DIN and 3 3.5mm), but also on the second IDC header. So you could chain to another board in theory.

The other parts are not necessary but just for extra soldering practice.

3 hours ago, latigid on said:

New thread maybe?

Yep! it would be interesting to see how I can integrate it into the bandmaster and which feature it can add to it. A simple functional diagram maybe even if it seems simple and doesn't deserve the work to write a full dokuwiki page.
Thanks!
Bruno

A few updates:

We noticed a bug in the BOM ordering system. For lemec_RH board, there are SMT resistor networks:  652-4816P-1LF-10K, which is an isolated 10K resistor network. The link to the Mouser page was correct, but the part number was 652-4816P-T2LF-10K, this is incorrect for lemec_R. If you have ordered parts, please check that you have two pieces of the P-1 part. You still require the P-2 part (bussed resistor network) for JA. Sorry for any inconvenience.

In more positive news, the case batch has been fabricated and is off for painting next week. Without trying to promise too much, we expect to have the cases very soon, and in combination with Peter's tutorial videos, maybe a release in November is feasible!

so we need two pieces of the 652-4816P-1LF-10K then?

thank you for clarifying

1 hour ago, rbv2 said:

so we need two pieces of the 652-4816P-1LF-10K then?

thank you for clarifying

Correct. If you use the copy&paste tool on midiphy, the correct parts should be there.

Regarding the wrong part number itself - it was not "wrong" for a long time, there is a fair chance you already have the right parts - i filmed the first video of this LeMEC-R area only two or three weeks ago, back then the BOM tool reported the correct part. The wrong part number was introduced on our side, while updating some final parts, but it is now fixed again, as Andy wrote.

@TK. if your build as a beta tester is also affected, please write us a message, will send you the replacement resistor networks, so you can enjoy the new activity matrix! :)

Happy weekend!
Peter