SIDControl VST-plugin for MBSID V1 (not V2!) by S.M.

S.M.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic work SM, really something I could use. Can't believe I didn't discover this earlier, but then again, I only ever visit when I have a problem, so it's my fault. Makes me feel I should contribute to this community more.

I've had some annoying issues in using the MbSID in my sequencer, I belive it sends an "all controllers off" at the end of a recording, which seems to mute the MbSID, so I have to change the patch back and forth for every few bars of recording. Now I can avoid this and even automate controls!

You're my hero of the day!

• 3 months later...

hi,

I have just uploaded an additional version of SidControl-VST.

The new version should support the Multi-Sid-Versions (it sends its data on up to 4 MIDI channels simultaneously).

I do not know if it's the best solution because I own a Single-Sid-Synth, only.

S.M.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a nice and usefull program:

energ xt (demo version dowloadable from the site http://www.xt-hq.com/ )

with this progam you can use vst instruments (and even sequencers, arpeggio generators etc etc...)

like modules in a modular synth... try to belive!

but when i load the sid vst control there is not the midi out to connect it to the output of energy xt...

it's hard to explain... and i'm not so good in english...

i think that if you dowload the demo version of this great program and try to use this with vst sid control you'll understand.

Hi,

but when i load the sid vst control there is not the midi out to connect it to the output of energy xt...

I have just tried out the energy-XT-Demo and I found out that the current versions of SidControl are NOT compatible with this Software. -sorry....

It is not because of the missing midi-out connectors because SidControl HAS NO CONNECTORS. Try the latest demo of 'Audiomulch' - a powerful Host for 'chaining' VST-Plugins http://audiomulch.com/download.htm , load the SidControl-VST and you'll see what I mean. After setting up SidControls MIDI-port (only!) You can play the Plugin without any problems.

- Be sure that Audiomulch is running - if not press 'Play'

I think that energy-XT is not made for 'non-soundprocessing-VST-Synths' and it eats SidControl's MIDI-data ...

greetings by S.M.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I think that energy-XT is not made for 'non-soundprocessing-VST-Synths' and it eats SidControl's MIDI-data ...

Not true...  the program is using a direct midi out and not plugin midi out. Since there is no vst midi connection , the plugin cant send midi out to the program...

I am using of plenty of different midi only plugins in xt just fine

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, the next version has an internal MIDI-out (and it works so far ;D).

I have to do some internal optimizations (remove the multiport capacity-I think it's unnecessary).

I made a workaround on my page in the last few days which spent a lot of time. Now it's

more comfortable and it works good with IE (but I recommend Mozilla).

New user registration is switched off, yet - but only a few days (max.72hrs-from now).

The next version of SidControl (and some other new VST's) will be available soon.

When it's done I'll drop a post in here to let you know. ;)

greetings by S.M.

• 1 month later...