The MB6582 Panel Group Buy : FINALLY!!

Altitude

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man you aren't kidding. From the pic, it appears as if the holes are as wide as the encoder shell..... Oh my. Not good. But I don't think I am willing to wait for another re-work. Was the first run like that? Surely we would have caught that the 1st time...

The holes for the encoders are 14mm, the same as they are in my original panel.

This is so people can illuminate their "Waldorf" knobs if they want to.

The Waldorf knobs that are on my original MB-6582 and which were recommended for other people's MB-6582s and which were bulk ordered on three continents are perfectly sized and will not only cover this hole (they are 16mm at the base), they also have a cavity that allows them to cover up the bushing that sticks out from the frontpanel.

408737242_6bea269616_m.jpg

MB-6582 Construction 6

408737117_2a012bb875_m.jpg

MB-6582 Construction 7

Hi

I know it is a bit late to ask this, but wouldn't have been a good idea to add 5 buttons up the display, in order to use the 4x20 display with 10 menu buttons ?

I there a possibiliy to use the 4 lines of the display ?

What has to be rewritten (or improved) and what would be your ideas ? Personnaly, i stay with the 10 menus buttons, i think what the second part (2 down lines) of the display could be selected by the button "down arrow" and one of the 5 menu buttons (a bit like CTRL+C).

Cheers

The aim is/was not to display 10 menu items wrapped across the four lines (this looks very strange when scrolling).

I used a 4x20 display for a few reasons, the primary one was that it fits nicely, 2x20 have a wider footprint and wider characters, the 4x20 is narrower on the sides, so there's room for the menu encoder and buttons on the right side. It was always intended to be used as a 20 character wide display with two extra lines for either adding extra info to the main screens or maybe showing 3 "rows" of a wavetable or bassline sequence.

I am still working on full utilization of the extra two lines... this is low priority because it works perfectly already... people are welcome to suggest how the extra two lines should be used AFTER they have finished their MB-6582 and played with it a while (i.e. feedback from experience not guessing what would be nice).

maybe showing 3 "rows" of a wavetable or bassline sequence.
same idea ! crazy this bassline stuff, so cool to jam onto :)

my Novation KS4 got a fucking good function exploiting 2 lines : on the first the value of the modulated parameter (by the knob you are moving) and on the 2nd, the value of this parameter stored in the patch (idea of undo function, without using a buffer)

two lines should be used AFTER they have finished their MB-6582 and played with it a while
totally agree