All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. @TK. thanks for the coding efforts! This will be very helpful in other projects too. The rainbow rings look very pretty :)
  3. midiphy SEQ v4+

We should get panel samples in a week or two, then do a PCB run. Still a wee way off.
  4. Today
  5. Yesterday
  6. midiphy SEQ v4+

Any updates on the AOUT/DOUT eurorack modules? Just curious :)
  7. midiphy SEQ v4+

wowie I like it more than expected, looking good!
  8. Great work @FantomXR that picture looks absolutely terrific. we will evaluate the design for a couple more days and run some more tests and then finalize the bulk order with updated prices, anybody interested can PM me now.     edit: fwiw, alternative method of driving ws2812 on the F7DISCO: https://stm32f4-discovery.net/2018/06/tutorial-control-ws2812b-leds-stm32/
  9. midiphy SEQ v4+

It just misses a huge and ostensible "MIDIbox SEQ v4 +" at the back on the white part to assert the whole ;) Actually i work at a french adhésive Brandt (GT-Stickers) that make premium adhésives, keep me on Touch if you want, we Can Do that on measure :)
  10. Hey people, thanks to @TK.! It's working great. Anyway I had still some flickering on the LEDs. As I stated above I left away the caps ... and this was the reason. I know have added a 10uF on the input and on the output-connector of the LED-rings and the flickering is completely eliminated! Great!! So, one core can handle a total of 10 LED (10*36=360) rings....   
  11. midiphy SEQ v4+

Ahh bummer. Well, they look great. 
  12. midiphy SEQ v4+

Yes they are ALPS stem. But all the set are reserved. There was a MOQ, I was obliged to do that bulk to get mine, I've got it now, I already said that's a 'first and last' bulk. Best regards Bruno
  13. midiphy SEQ v4+

Yes I like this "polar" style. And it appears a more finished machine for me but like you said it's a question of taste so there's no debate. It just misses a huge and ostensible "MIDIbox SEQ v4 +" at the back on the white part to assert the whole ;) Best regards Bruno
  14. midiphy SEQ v4+

Those look great. Are they snap on replacements? 
  15. midiphy SEQ v4+

The caps are not to my taste, but good for you if you are happy with that look :).
  16. HI, if you don't want to build everything yourself, I want to sell one, because I am completely overwhelmed with the part. It does run, there are still some adjustments missing, cases, front panels etc. I made everything myself. LG Uwe
  17. Wow this is amazing news, the OG just blessed us with a firmware update! I am pretty sure @FantomXR will get them running just fine now! Thanks so much @TK. this will help alot and we should get at least 2-4 LED-Ring-Boards going. I'll send you some for reference once i have the production run! I read through the mios32 ws2812 documentation and realized you need to use 48bytes per LED for the PWM DMA solution. I do understand the motivation behind this, saving CPU power, but is there a somewhat easy way to go back to other methods as described in the uC.net article you linked? Thinking of the "average" midibox tasks, i doubt it pushes an STM32f4 to it's CPU limits? Guess using the flash memory would wear it out too fast? I would love to implement it myself but that's way beyond my knowledge and time constraints, and at the same time i assume there is little need for other people to go beyong 300-400 LEDs. But how do other ie. arduino ws2812 drivers get away with just using 3 bytes per LED, on a much slower CPU? Since for 40-50 encoders i need to adress between 1500 and 1800 LED - 72kb at 48bytes, ca 5kb at classic adressing - i guess i might have to just add a little arduino or similar MCU to control the ws2812. even the smallest UNO can handle 500 ws2812 at 60Hz, and the Due with its 3-4 serial lines should be able to run all 50 encoder-LEDs i need.    
  18. SeqV4+ custom keycaps

From the album Antichambre "stuff and work"

I took this picture under the sunlight as you can compare their brightness with the others elements(screen, led matrix etc...)  
  19. midiphy SEQ v4+

Hi everybody! The custom keycap were arrived. again, thank you guys for this "+", and the amazing case that comes with!  
  20. Midibox 64( Midio128) Hilfe

Hi, Ich schreibe mal hier auf Deutsch, da ich nicht wirklich des englischen mächtig bin und hoffe das mir jemand mal auf die Sprünge helfen kann. Folgendes: -System MBHP 18F452 mit 2x16Z LCD, 1 x DIN, 1x DOUT - angeschlossen sind 32 Taster und 32 LED's Mittels der Taster 1..32 sende ich einen PC Befehl, jeweils 1 bis 32 und dazu jeweils eine LED synchron zu den Tastern. Das Problem nun, die LED's werden angesprochen bei dem entsprechenden Taster, aber entweder nur kurz an, oder dauernd an oder Toggle. Wie schaffe ich es, das die LED anbleibt und erst aus geht, wenn ich den nächsten Taster drücke. Die Relay.ini,  bei (midio128) hatte ich mir angeschaut, da funktioniert das ja, allerdings nur wenn ich einen PC Befehl in den MIDI-In schicke. Vielleicht geht es ja auch so nicht. Vorraus schomal danke für eure Unterstützung LG Uwe
  21. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

De rien! You had a great attitude and provided the right info (pictures). It's really great work if it's just your second project! Félicitations!
  22. Last week
  23. Troubleshooting midiphy SEQ v4+

everything is running great now, you were right about IC2 cold joint. I just have the matrix that display "mirrored" text can it come from a backward cable or something like that. ? in any case merci beaucoup for your kindness and your advices, i will finally be able to enjoy the midibox seq ! and it wasn't that easy for noob (second diy project) that was not comfortable with English  language :) learnt lot of things !
  24. Yes, each RGB LED will consume 48 bytes. With the latest changes up to 390 RGB LEDs can be defined, and you will get a proper RAM error message if there are too much, such as: /opt/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_7-2013q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: project_build/project.elf section `.bss' will not fit in region `RAM' /opt/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_7-2013q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region `RAM' overflowed by 424 bytes collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status Best Regards, Thorsten.
  25. Hey Thorsten, Great! I'll test it tomorrow with the rings.  So, what do you think is the limit regarding led-count? Thank you very much! Chris  
  26. Hi, STM32F4 was running out of memory - and due to an wrong linker file entry you haven't got an error after the 128k boundary of the "normal RAM" has been touched. However, this chip has some additional 64k as a so called "core coupled memory", which is located at 0x10000000 I changed the linker file and preload code to support this memory. In addition, in the MBNG application I moved the heap memory into this CCMRAM, giving us about 10k more space. Updates are available at github: https://github.com/midibox/mios32/commit/9dc48579c31766815997b0ce3eac88f9d772578a I havent't checked if this has a new negative side effect, but at least MBNG is booting and RGB LEDs are working Best Regards, Thorsten.  
  27. IMG-0015.jpg

looks great
  28. IMG_0014.jpg

That looks really good
  29. [FS] MB 6582 with 4 SIDs

I decided to sell one of my treasures: A MB 6582 with 4 SID Chips in a black case with white Display and LEDs.  It is powered with an Original C64 PSU, which of course is included. Fully working! I thought about 600,-€ but i am open for suggestions. Shipping from Germany  
  30. Load more activity