The definitive MB-6582 PCB/kit thread

Wilba

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, I regret quoting dender's message now, I was just trying to point out a possible way of saving money on the shipping which SmashTV was offering.

@SmashTV: I can vouch for the failing dutch postal system. I've had 3 packages from the UK vanish on me. Which just totally sucks. I'm just glad Goblinz package reached my door, although it took about 3 weeks. Which is strange, because some lousy DIN-antenna converter reached me within 2 days. I hate to live with the reliability issues I now have with the dutch posties (it used to be 100% top notch ok. growl). Then again, I only have started to get this issues since I moved to another part of the town.

I think I'm starting to lose my point here :P

Oh yeah, I'll just be patient (also due to budget constraints :P)

Cheers, sorry to stir things up yet again, but just felt I needed to put down my motives more clearly and express my regrets for causing such an uproar.

Today i received the package but no one was at home so they will come back tomorrow. But on the ticket of the postman it said i need to pay a additional euro 48,10  >:(.

GRRR.. Another hooray for dutch postoffice.

48,10 euro???

damn.. i wonder what it 'll be for belgium..

Your item is being processed by customs in BELGIUM. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

i think i'll regret ordering anything else but the pcb's  :'(

Can you please explain how your country can be charging so much in tax?

If it was just the two boards, eg. US$40, then that's like 150% tax, plus extra fees...

taxes in belgium should be 21%

it wasn't just the boards, thats the problem..  next time i'll just order the boards.

i ordered:

3 * BASE PCB

300 red leds

50 bourns encoders

12 pics

6 chips for the banksticks

the customs bill looks like this:

Advance fee: 0,50 euro

Formalities: 25,00 euro

Tax import belgium: 50,43 euro

package was at customs for more than 2 weeks,

got an email 2 days ago, asking about the contents of my package and if it is a commercial package.

in my response i asked why the hell it took them so long, got a reply immediatly saying that it's not their fault that they're so busy lately.

Formalities: 25,00 euro

Tax import belgium: 50,43 euro

What the hell are formalities?

Over here we just pay 21% tax and thats it, unless a courier service charge an additional fee for paying the customs for you.

UPS being the courier service for the saucy fees!

as far as i heard from people in the know, UPS is quite ok

someone warned me for ABX logistics, and that was where my package was processed this time.

luckily we split the costs in 3

EDIT: to SmashTV: might wanna check another shipper in the future.

I did some searches and it appears that USPS uses ABX always. I read very bad things about abx.

Might wanna try a shipper like FedEx or DHL or equivalent. Price will be a bit higher, but customs should be a lot faster and cheaper from what I read.