Midibox sid - keyboard "woody" upgrade

Alkex

:)

Thanks again for your kind words!

The keyboard if from an old ELKA synth. I rewired it's keypads to a DIN module on a separate core which sends the midi to the SID core.

Here are a few videos of the process:

Debugging the midi keyboard:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I accidently switched a couple wires on the DIN PINS so had to write a routine to correct it (easier than rewiring everything)

Staining the wood in my best shirt... Not recommended

And finally

The inside is pretty much the same mess and the images Smithy kindly linked us to above except i recently discovered the wonders of cable ties. Great to identify loose wires when tied in little bunches at the ports...

I Hope this inspires anybody for a wood design!

Cheers

Ps: puddingbrumsel, the bottom right says Smith it's my signature  - works in the ego department :)

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

analogue_mo, it's quite doable.

This was my first dabble at woodworking and I found it to be quite easy.

I had already sanded body filler on my car and found the wood much nicer and easier to shape.

and Wilba, thanks for the Sids they sound Great!  ;)

Now to somehow make space on the panel for a IN to OUT  feedback pot...  ???

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice build. Did you use a finished solution or did you figure out a solution yourself to scan the keys? I have been wanting to build something similar myself, and I am a bit unsure on what solution I'll choose for this.

Also, nice Hammond, is it an M3? I'm surprised nobody has commented on that yet.

Anders M.