Ctrlr based editor for MBSID V2

TK.

I used java 7 so that might be the issue, i'll try the 6th version. Also i finally found a shop that i can buy PIC18F4685 in and also the EEPROMs for the memory, so i ordered that and am awaiting shipment, i also got a 4x20 LCD so the v2 SID version is needed to get the 4 lines working.

UPDATE:

I tried Java SE 6 u23 and still a BSOD in ROMIO.sys witch is the driver file of my ESI ROMIO USB MIDI interface

Edited by atom

UPDATE:

I tried Java SE 6 u23 and still a BSOD in ROMIO.sys witch is the driver file of my ESI ROMIO USB MIDI interface

sounds like there is a bug in the MIDI device driver.

This also explains the blue screen (which is not caused by Java itself)

It could make sense to search for an update or alternative MIDI driver.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi all, i'm new here and i bought a used sammichSID last week. I've updated it with MIOS 1.9g and MBSID v2.040.

Using Ctrlr revision 945 and MIDIbox SID v2 panel (1.7) i've been able to receive patches from the MBSID (haven't learned how to send/store them into the MBSID yet). I can control the oscillators, filters and so on thru the VSTi but the only way to make the MBSID to play from there is by pressing the play-button with the mouse. I've been trying to get it to work with Ableton Live but i cant get them to work together. There are no problems if i send MIDI from Ableton Live directly to the MBSID but if i try to do it with the VSTi nothing happens. The "Panel receives MIDI from host" doesn't seem to help either.

Has anyone got this working with Ableton Live, any help would be appreciated!

I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit)

Thanks!

Hi Bob,

I'm afraid I don't use Ableton, so I can't comment on that. But one thing you can try is to enter Edit mode in the Ctrlr VSTi (right click the panel, select Edit mode from memory). Then go through the parameters bar on the right of the Edit screen and look for the MIDI Ins and Outs as well as the channel selected for the VSTi, make sure they are what you expect.

mk

• 2 months later...

Hello, I'm having some trouble getting it to work. I have a Lexicon Lambda interface and am using EnergyXT and also Renoise as hosts. I can select the Lexicon as the midi input and output device, but when I hit receive, I don't get the current patch. Likewise, I make changes and hit send and nothing happens. I'm using the versions of Ctrlr and the panel as shown in the first post. Also, same story with standalone. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by downerczx

Here's what LUA is putting out (standalone):

INFO ][14:42:35:000186]: *** CtrlrProcessor::ctor done

[iNFO ][14:42:35:000186]: CtrlrProcessor::ctor overrides file is at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ctrlr\Ctrlr-x64.overrides

[MIDI OUT][14:42:37:000026]: CtrlrMidiDevice::openDevice Lexicon Lambda Midi

[iNFO ][14:42:37:000440]: CtrlrLuaManager::ctor, lua is enabled

[LUA ][14:42:37:000471]: MANAGER INIT

[LUA ][14:42:37:000558]: init

[WARN ][14:42:50:000504]: CtrlrMidiInputComparator::addMatchTarget an unknown midi type found=9

[WARN ][14:42:50:000504]: CtrlrMidiInputComparator::addMatchTarget an unknown midi type found=9

... about 1000 times...

[WARN ][14:42:51:000125]: CtrlrMidiInputComparator::addMatchTarget an unknown midi type found=9

[WARN ][14:42:51:000125]: CtrlrMidiInputComparator::addMatchTarget an unknown midi type found=9

[LUA ][14:43:43:000024]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:43:59:000694]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:00:000732]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:00:000794]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:01:000076]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:01:000137]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:01:000429]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:01:000500]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:01:000791]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:01:000860]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:02:000144]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:02:000209]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:02:000517]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:02:000587]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:02:000909]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:02:000973]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:03:000271]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:03:000345]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:03:000634]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:03:000705]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:03:000996]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:04:000061]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:04:000388]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:04:000448]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:04:000692]: Change to SID1

[LUA ][14:44:10:000332]: Init for engine 1

[LUA ][14:44:10:000414]: Engine changed to 1

[LUA ][14:44:11:000365]: Init End

Hello, I'm having some trouble getting it to work. I have a Lexicon Lambda interface and am using EnergyXT and also Renoise as hosts. I can select the Lexicon as the midi input and output device, but when I hit receive, I don't get the current patch. Likewise, I make changes and hit send and nothing happens. I'm using the versions of Ctrlr and the panel as shown in the first post. Also, same story with standalone. Any ideas? Thanks.

Ok, so I downloaded the latest version of Ctrlr to see if it would help and, yes, I was able to use it! However, it looks like the panel doesn't work with the latest version. So, I tried to go back to the earlier one and broken again.

I believe that I followed the wrong order when I initially set it up, as my midi interface does not load as default. I think if I could just "set it up right" one time, 945 would work. However, I've uninstalled it, deleted the directory and vst's and reinstalled it, and still... the old configuration auto loads. Does anyone know where to delete the old config so I can "start fresh"?

thanks

Well, at long last I have it working. I had to delete the data in c:\users\username\appdata\ctrlr so I could start ctrlr, pick midi devices, open panel, pick midi devices in panel and away I went. Still, I don't know how to get my midi keyboard to send note messages as well as my interface to the sammichSID. I tried using a midiloopback device so I could merge midi outputs in EnergyXT but it didn't seem to work with the loopback device, even though the output was going to the same output it went to before. Oh well. I hope the new version of Ctrlr allows you to send a midi input to the VST so you can send some notes.

Ok, so I downloaded the latest version of Ctrlr to see if it would help and, yes, I was able to use it! However, it looks like the panel doesn't work with the latest version. So, I tried to go back to the earlier one and broken again.

I believe that I followed the wrong order when I initially set it up, as my midi interface does not load as default. I think if I could just "set it up right" one time, 945 would work. However, I've uninstalled it, deleted the directory and vst's and reinstalled it, and still... the old configuration auto loads. Does anyone know where to delete the old config so I can "start fresh"?

thanks

Yeah, same as your guys:

Windows XP

Ableton Live

but, no MIDI notes going through the VST. I can control the MB's parameters but not play notes.. (the PLAY option plays a single note)

Looking forward to getting this working as looks like a great editor..

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk

Text SLUT to: 29 7 29 7

Here’s the video: www.youtu.be/Zl0PTZKy7fg

• 2 months later...

Yes me too can't figure how to send notes to sammichSID at the same time with the editor.

Also it crashes if I remove the program from the DAW or close the standalone panel. Same thing if I close the panel in the CTRLR window.

In the menu boxes on the left a black text "modulat..." is written on top of the SID1, LEAD and OSC menu items, and if I leave that panel page, I can't return to that page again.

Do I understand correctly, that on the sammichSID the chips can't be individually programmed, even with the "link stereo" unselected?

Otherwise seems to work, just tried it for the first time now, there was some strange hiccups when I was now running it, but a few minutes go everything seemed really nice. Looks like a very useful tool, especially now with my Sammich encoder quite broken, and I am unable to find anybody who can send me a replacement :P

Oh, I found a bit clunky way to use CTRLR with sequencers:

Install MIDIox and MIDIyoke, then send output from CTRLR to "midiyoke 1" for example. Then send MIDI data from the sequencer to "midiyoke 2" for example, and then route both midiyoke 1 and 2 to your MIDI interface output port that is connected to the sammichSID MIDI input port.

Confused? In short: just meld CTRLR and DAW MIDI data with Midiox. This is grrreeeeeat!!!

Nice! :thumbsup:

Too bad, that Windows doesn't provide virtual interfaces by default.

Under MacOS "MIDI busses" are natively supported (on the other hand, MIDI interfaces are always multiclient capable, so that such workarounds are not required)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...