Wanted: MB-6582 window

gtxdude

If anyone has a spare plexiglass window for the MB-6582 i need one. Will be happy to pay you for your trouble and shipping.

If you can help me PM or email gtxdude (at) yahoo (dot) com. shipping will be to memphis tennessee, USA (38018).

Many thanks!

Gtx

Hi Guys,

I have recently ordered one, but they are not cheap. One window will be 15 to 20 EUR's, I have to check what I paid. If there are enough people, I could organize something. I will post the exact price later and need to know who would be willing to pay that price. If we get enough together the price may drop, but I will need a rough estimate how many we get together ...

Cheers

orange

I have recently ordered some clear windows from Ponoko. The thing is that they don't do the groove that is required to glue it / hold it in place, so I have a lasered line where the groove is supposed to start. I'll then mill the groove along that line. I'll send pictures once I have this ready, and then I should have some spares as well if anyone is interested. The same goes for the MBSEQ display windows.

Hi,

I will ask my manufacturer if he would prefer a bulk order or if preople can contact him individually. He has produced both windows for me (MB6582 SID V2 as well as MBSEQV4). The are the same quality as Schaeffer but 30% cheaper.

Unfortunately my friend reboot is not following on, he had a nice and cheap manufacturer for those windows, but obviously we can't make use of this source....

Cheers

orange

I hate working with acrylic, as it scratches so very easily, but, i guess, if people were stuck, then i could see if it were viable.

(viable being that i have no stock of acrylic here, and it seems crazy to buy a whole sheet for a few windows)

To be clear though, its not a load of fun for me, and cutting windows is never going to make me a millionaire, so its only if other group buys dont work out : )

Julian

gtxdude:        1

Arkay:          1 

NorthernLightX: 2

Shuriken:       1

kristal=:       1

ytsestef:       1

----------------------

Total:          8

Shuriken,

count me in for +1 MBSID window as well, please (1.5mm panel, too). I'm also looking for MBSEQv4 2x40 window (x4) just like NorthernLightX (and I bet bunch of other guys as well, though MBFM uses 2mm panel instead of 3mm used by MBSEQ) but that looks to be different story. I'll be ordering from FPE pretty soon (definitely this week) so I could throw some windows as well if group buy won't work.

Thanks,

Adrien

Edited by freddy

so what's your price offer ?

i dont have one.

my post was not an attempt to start a group buy - it was an offer to check details if there was no other reasonable supplier in place.

so, if you have a supplier, and want to run a group buy go ahead! but, if it doesn't work out, ill start looking up prices etc.

again, i dont enjoy making the acrylic parts. its not something i especially want to get involved with. but its possible for me to do so, if people had no other option.

Edited by julianf

I'm already involved in the Mean Well group buy at the moment so I'm not going to jump up and organise this. I will join any group buy for appropriate windows that takes place though. Only thing is that I use 2mm panels for both my SID (4x20) and FM (2x40), so I hope there will be some options when this will kick off.

It's about two things. Willing todo it and having a supplier. A year ago i tried to get something going for the MB6582 Window. But my supplier bailed on me. Which i cannot totally blame him for, it is as julian says, a lot of work which wont really make you much money.

It's about two things. Willing todo it and having a supplier. A year ago i tried to get something going for the MB6582 Window. But my supplier bailed on me. Which i cannot totally blame him for, it is as julian says, a lot of work which wont really make you much money.

Shuriken,

agreed, this thread was hi-jacked a bit. As mentioned earlier, I'll be ordering panels from FPE and will get myself bunch of windows as well (1x for MB6582 and 2 sets, i.e. 4 pieces for MBSEQv4). I'll open a new thread in fleamarket regarding this so I'd ask gtxdude, NorthernLightX, rosch, you and others interested to keep an eye (or two) on the new topic realy soon.

Adrien

whats wrong with laser cut ponoko ones and snapping them in? You just need to get them cut at different sizes and just pick the ones that fit best. I did this for my MB seq and it was 6$ for 8 windows

Oh come on, that's just way to easy :logik: