latigid on

BLM 16x16+X PCB and case order [CLOSED/waitlist]

175 posts in this topic

Me too

PCB + Case

Waitlist (12 total)
========
taximan     pcb case
blatboy     pcb case
Macotronic  pcb case
lukas412    pcb case
Hawkeye     pcb case
u-link      pcb case
nebula      pcb case
synaptech   pcb case
Phatline    pcb
gidien	    pcb
Karg	    pcb case
Doc007		pcb case
On 20/1/2016 at 4:27 PM, Karg said:

Me too :happy:

PCB+Case


Waitlist (11 total)
========
taximan     pcb case
blatboy     pcb case
Macotronic  pcb case
lukas412    pcb case
Hawkeye     pcb case
u-link      pcb case
nebula      pcb case
synaptech   pcb case
Phatline    pcb
gidien	    pcb
Karg	    pcb case

Thanks a lot for your hard work!!!

 

Edited by doc007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm in for one of the whole lot: PCB BLM, PCB miniCore, Case, Shift button, M2 hardware, 4xLED. Is the reserve list only for the pcb and case, not sure because thats all the table has!
 

Waitlist (13 total)
========
001 taximan       pcb case
002 blatboy       pcb case
003 Macotronic    pcb case
004 lukas412      pcb case
005 Hawkeye       pcb case
006 u-link        pcb case
007 nebula        pcb case
008 synaptech     pcb case
009 Phatline      pcb
010 gidien	  pcb
011 Karg	  pcb case
012 Doc007        pcb case
013 Richie        pcb case
Edited by richie
added info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep 'em coming! 20 would be a good number if possible, because I'm sure some will drop out as circumstances change. 

Depending on how much time I have I can consider stocking some of the components/hardware, no promises though. For now it's definitely on for the BLM PCB, miniCore PCB and machined case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you did stock some other components/hardware, I'd probably be on board.

Glad to see this moving along.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, latigid on said:

Keep 'em coming! 20 would be a good number if possible, because I'm sure some will drop out as circumstances change. 

Depending on how much time I have I can consider stocking some of the components/hardware, no promises though. For now it's definitely on for the BLM PCB, miniCore PCB and machined case.

Great to hear! I would be in for all parts if it happens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been gone a long time (Years, sorry)

 

If this is current I'm down for a PCB and CASE. Is the price from the begining of the thread current?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back! Prices are more or less the same but to confirm. Cases were $270 I think, main PCB $75. 

Hmmm, 20*300 = 3 full reels of LEDs... Maybe I could do a kit? Just rash thinking, again nothing confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be rash.  Please.  I'd totally get one of those.

:)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, latigid on said:

Welcome back! Prices are more or less the same but to confirm. Cases were $270 I think, main PCB $75. 

Hmmm, 20*300 = 3 full reels of LEDs... Maybe I could do a kit? Just rash thinking, again nothing confirmed.

I could be interested in a kit too if you decide to do it, or even just a bulk buy of LED's if that's the expensive part still. Just try to give me a week or two notice before payment would be due....Never much money at the beginning of the month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in for one main PCB/minicore PCB and case. Would be interested in a kit or any extra components too if that pans out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh how I have tried to resist, but I just can't take it any more :)

Please put me down for a PCB (BLM and minicore) and case at minimum. Depending on how pricing works out with other things I may even get tempted into a kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

@everyone-who-showed-interest: add yourself to the list, so we had a good overview of who wants what...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
001 taximan       pcb case 
002 blatboy       pcb case parts
003 Macotronic    pcb case
004 lukas412      pcb case parts
005 Hawkeye       pcb case
006 u-link        pcb case
007 nebula        pcb case
008 synaptech     pcb case
009 Phatline      pcb
010 gidien	      pcb
011 Karg	  pcb case
012 Doc007    pcb case
013 Richie        pcb case
014 arumblack     pcb case parts
015 pat_00        pcb case parts
016 monokinetic   pcb case parts?

 

Please update as necessary

Edited by latigid on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, latigid on said:

001 taximan       pcb case 
002 blatboy       pcb case parts
003 Macotronic    pcb case
004 lukas412      pcb case parts
005 Hawkeye       pcb case
006 u-link        pcb case
007 nebula        pcb case
008 synaptech     pcb case
009 Phatline      pcb
010 gidien        pcb
011 Karg          pcb case
012 Doc007        pcb case
013 Richie        pcb(x2) case parts
014 arumblack     pcb case parts
015 pat_00        pcb case parts
016 monokinetic   pcb case parts?

 

Please update as necessary

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richie said:

001 taximan       pcb case 
002 blatboy       pcb case parts
003 Macotronic    pcb case
004 lukas412      pcb case parts
005 Hawkeye       pcb case
006 u-link        pcb case
007 nebula        pcb case
008 synaptech     pcb case
009 Phatline      pcb
010 gidien        pcb
011 Karg          pcb case parts?
012 Doc007        pcb case
013 Richie        pcb(x2) case parts
014 arumblack     pcb case parts
015 pat_00        pcb case parts
016 monokinetic   pcb case parts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karg said:
1 hour ago, richie said:


001 taximan       pcb case 
002 blatboy       pcb case parts
003 Macotronic    pcb case
004 lukas412      pcb case parts
005 Hawkeye       pcb case
006 u-link        pcb case
007 nebula        pcb case
008 synaptech     pcb case
009 Phatline      pcb
010 gidien        pcb
011 Karg          pcb case parts?
012 doc007        pcb case parts?
013 Richie        pcb(x2) case parts
014 arumblack     pcb case parts
015 pat_00        pcb case parts
016 monokinetic   pcb case parts?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
001 taximan       pcb case 
002 blatboy       pcb case parts
003 Macotronic    pcb case
004 lukas412      pcb case parts
005 Hawkeye       pcb case parts
006 u-link        pcb case
007 nebula        pcb case
008 synaptech     pcb case
009 Phatline      pcb
010 gidien        pcb
011 Karg          pcb case parts?
012 doc007        pcb case parts?
013 Richie        pcb(x2) case parts
014 arumblack     pcb case parts
015 pat_00        pcb case parts
016 monokinetic   pcb case parts?

Thx for your kit efforts! :-)

Many greets,

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Thx for your kit efforts! :-)

Hey, let's see now ;)

At least it would make sense for EU peeps, as it would split the customs + VAT cost. For the US though? Best if I try to put a price on it and we go from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the mini cores included with the main PCB? Also I just found out I know someone with access to a CO2 laser cutter, so I may reconsider the case, but I definitely want the boards. I have to decide do I want seq and blm in one case or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have access to a laser cutter with a working area of 37cm x 23cm. Will that be enough?

If so, I can cut a couple of spacers. I am located in Germany.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, arumblack said:

Are the mini cores included with the main PCB? Also I just found out I know someone with access to a CO2 laser cutter, so I may reconsider the case, but I definitely want the boards. I have to decide do I want seq and blm in one case or two.

They are two separate boards, but of course I will supply both. With the case it's up to you, but you have to think about more than a whole lot of holes. $270 (or whatever it will be) sounds like a lot, especially with no engraving, but for the work you get it's very good. You need; blind studs (preferably stainless), precision milling, threaded holes, and people are pretty happy with the powder coating because it looks great, is scratch resistant and leaves no fingerprints. The other consideration is material strength. The case I designed has bends in it and several attachment points which significantly strengthen the front face towards flexing. I think the case size is "just right" for playability and more suitable as a standalone instrument that can be optimally positioned in a musical setup. Of course you'll want the SEQ nearby for editing, but with one case you're then moving to a very large (= flex-prone + expensive) panel. The SEQ button spacing is about 19mm, while on the BLM it's 15mm, so you should also consider the aesthetics. But if you're good at mech engineering and can think of a good solution it would be interesting to see.

 

55 minutes ago, Karg said:

I have access to a laser cutter with a working area of 37cm x 23cm. Will that be enough?

If so, I can cut a couple of spacers. I am located in Germany.

 

Not quite! Dimensions are about 27*28.5cm. I may be able to get the spacers cut more cheaply, watch this space(r)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2016 at 3:00 AM, latigid on said:

They are two separate boards, but of course I will supply both. With the case it's up to you, but you have to think about more than a whole lot of holes. $270 (or whatever it will be) sounds like a lot, especially with no engraving, but for the work you get it's very good. You need; blind studs (preferably stainless), precision milling, threaded holes, and people are pretty happy with the powder coating because it looks great, is scratch resistant and leaves no fingerprints. The other consideration is material strength. The case I designed has bends in it and several attachment points which significantly strengthen the front face towards flexing. I think the case size is "just right" for playability and more suitable as a standalone instrument that can be optimally positioned in a musical setup. Of course you'll want the SEQ nearby for editing, but with one case you're then moving to a very large (= flex-prone + expensive) panel. The SEQ button spacing is about 19mm, while on the BLM it's 15mm, so you should also consider the aesthetics. But if you're good at mech engineering and can think of a good solution it would be interesting to see.

Yes of course, I rather like your case, has anyone made rack ears for them? I like most of my stuff to be rackable. I was also thinking to add the TPD, and there may not be room on the SEQ itself if I go with the seperate BLM, but a 19' BLM would have room, maybe add the 4 more AIN controls to it too....But I don't know

 

How do I edit thaet list to put a ? by Case? When we have enough orders I will decide, in the meantime I will play with layouts and mockups to help the decision. Thanks, I appreciate the effort you have made. I have a partially finished 16x4 BLM on veroboard that I started working on years ago, So I can understand the complexity of the design. No I haven't been working on it for years..., Life happened and it got put aside for a while. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, arumblack said:

Yes of course, I rather like your case, has anyone made rack ears for them? I like most of my stuff to be rackable. I was also thinking to add the TPD, and there may not be room on the SEQ itself if I go with the seperate BLM, but a 19' BLM would have room, maybe add the 4 more AIN controls to it too....But I don't know

No rack ears as of yet, but @Altitude made nice wooden cheek blocks for his. If one ear was elongated, you would have all the room for goodies like the TPD, CV/gate breakout etc. I think the current case is about 330mm/13", so add 1" to the left and you have 5" to play with on the right. 

 

 

11 hours ago, arumblack said:

 

How do I edit thaet list to put a ? by Case? When we have enough orders I will decide, in the meantime I will play with layouts and mockups to help the decision. Thanks, I appreciate the effort you have made. I have a partially finished 16x4 BLM on veroboard that I started working on years ago, So I can understand the complexity of the design. No I haven't been working on it for years..., Life happened and it got put aside for a while. ;)

 

001 taximan       pcb case 
002 blatboy       pcb case parts
003 Macotronic    pcb case
004 lukas412      pcb case parts
005 Hawkeye       pcb case parts
006 u-link        pcb case
007 nebula        pcb case
008 synaptech     pcb case
009 Phatline      pcb
010 gidien        pcb
011 Karg          pcb case parts?
012 doc007        pcb case parts?
013 Richie        pcb(x2) case parts
014 arumblack     pcb case? parts
015 pat_00        pcb case parts
016 monokinetic   pcb case parts?


Remember that more sign ups make it cheaper for everybody, just to put some peer pressure on you :). If it eventuates as 13 cases for the current batch, the price will likely increase. In the last run I had only $10 margin on each case which (just) covered bank fees/currency fluctuations and a bit for my time. Hopefully Protocase is kind to our cause and will give us a good deal.

 

10 years ago I was drawn towards MIDIbox with the idea of a sequencer with that very 16*4 matrix. I'm happy to have contributed to the BLM project, as it significantly unlocks and demystifies the ever-deepening SEQ possibilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
001 taximan       pcb case 
002 blatboy       pcb case parts
003 Macotronic    pcb case
004 lukas412      pcb case parts
005 Hawkeye       pcb case parts
006 u-link        pcb case
007 nebula        pcb case
008 synaptech     pcb case
009 Phatline      pcb
010 gidien        pcb
011 Karg          pcb case parts?
012 doc007        pcb case parts?
013 Richie        pcb(x2) case parts
014 arumblack     pcb case? parts
015 pat_00        pcb case parts
016 monokinetic   pcb case parts?
017 weigu         pcb case parts			

Hi, great work :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
001 taximan       pcb case 
002 blatboy       pcb case parts
003 Macotronic    pcb case
004 lukas412      pcb case parts
005 Hawkeye       pcb case parts
006 u-link        pcb case
007 nebula        pcb case
008 synaptech     pcb case parts
009 Phatline      pcb
010 gidien        pcb
011 Karg          pcb case parts?
012 doc007        pcb case parts?
013 Richie        pcb(x2) case parts
014 arumblack     pcb case? parts
015 pat_00        pcb case parts
016 monokinetic   pcb case parts?
017 weigu         pcb case parts

Updated interest to include parts, can't wait! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now