group buy for ultracore (core + 4x IIC + 8 banksticks)

ultra

ok the group buy is closed.  please don't add anything to the wiki page.

if someone missed out or wants to change quantities, do so via a personal message.  it might not be too late.

please be patient while i do the shipping costs and invoicing.  everybody will get taken care of.

thanks!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys,

i have received many payments (thanks) so please don't be worried if you haven't received a message saying it's been received.

i'm still waiting on more payments to start the order, so sit tight.

in a few days i will try to get ahold of those who haven't paid yet because i want to try to place the order at the beginning of next week.

i've received virtually no e-mails asking me to hurry, and i appreciate the patience!

ultra

hi guys,

the pcbs have now been ordered.  lead time is 9 days + 3 days shipping.  i'm still waiting on a couple of payments.  if you ordered pcbs and haven't yet paid, don't worry.  they are still ordered and reserved.

in the meantime i'll be preparing the envelopes and doing as much as i can to be able to mail them out right away.  i'll do what i can to get them out asap but please be patient :).

i am curious if anybody else is using this pcb for anything besides a seq or router.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

i do have the pcbs and most are packaged up, but i've been terribly busy recently and i haven't put as much time into the bulk order as i'd like to.  i'm hoping to have them all shipped by friday afternoon.

i haven't received a single message asking about status, and i'd like to thank you all for your patience.

ultra

I'm really sorry, it's all my fault you guys. Ultra told me that he was holding *all* the PCBs on purpose just so that *I* can't finish my school project which is due Monday. He wants *me* to get a bad grade. I'm sorry. Don't blame ultra for taking so incredibly long. It's all my fault, cause ultra hates me. ;D

Wimps! I did my school projects on Veroboard!

( I Actually did  ---- in 1972)

The big board on the ancient vero is a Karnaugh map display, which ran on a scope, from a design in 'Wireless World'. The second is a never completed spare board for a switched gain lab amp using an early Plessey Op Amp, the SL701C, published in 'Practical Electronics'. I think I ought to run it up, just to see if it works.

My layout and soldering have improved a bit since then.

3072_Karnaugh-map-display_jpgca6aff25933

3074_SL701C-SG-amp_jpgd8c4995f782157d600

The waxiest bits are the three 'dog bone' ceramic capacitors in the phase shift oscillator, (top left of Karnaugh map display), I wonder now how I managed to get it to oscillate at all with the tolerance on those things. If I run it up again, I'll put 3 'period' polystyrenes in. It was an early eaxmple of a vector drawing system. The oscillator provided two 90o phased sine waves direct one to the 'Y' axis, and draw a '1'. Direct one to the 'Y' axis and the other to the 'X' axis and draw a '0'. A 4 x 4 grid was drawn by the 7493 and some gating to the cluster of resistors, (the diagonal ones), bottom right. The sine waves were added to provide the 'O's and '1's. The IC socket, bottom right was for the jig that held the circuit that wou wanted to draw a map for. Limited to 4 inputs. First time I got it running I'd mixed the x and Y data, getting the right map but out of order, took a lot of head scratching for my 18 year old self!

@ Stryd, Perhaps, in view of the possible thread deviation, you could move it to 'misc'. If you do, I'll make an attempt to run it up and get a scope picture or two.