seppoman

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... and who's doing the AOUT-NG Pcb Bulkorder now?  ;D

Smash is the only one who sells them, and shipping is so damn expensive..  ::)

Well you could post to the german board and find a few others who also want to order stuff from Smash, so you could split up the shipping cost. Apart from Smash's PCB price being very reasonable, the kit is also a good way of getting the DAC which is hard to get in Europe for private customers.

S

I already had enough bulk order fun for this year ;)

no excuses!  ;D

actually no problems with me running this order, but the thing is customs..... here everything above $50 applies to customs fees, and they will be insanely suspicious about strange guy who imports some weird electronics chips PRIVATELY.. got that fun with lcds last year.

anyone else interested in the bulk so we really set a new topic?

So you're automatically on the list for the chips, if you purchased the boards right?

AFAIK we're talking about the TLV5630 DACs for the AOUT-NG now.

The problem I see with a bulk order of chips is, that we've got to etch our own PCBs.

and @ seppoman: I never said Smash's prices are expensive. I was talking about the extremely high postage costs. But a "SmashTV"-Bulkorder is a good idea.

Back on topic:

I'm getting 100pcs SSM2044 delivered soon. I'll test a few and then post them out.

Doug Wellington has a bunch of them also and would like to sell them. The orders from the U.S. will be passed onto him, resulting in cheaper postage and less work for me. It's a win-win-win situation.

People ordering SSM2044 will be contacted by email, using the email address you used for seppoman's PCB bulk order. (I assume this is your PayPal address). All you need to do is confirm the order quantity and that the email address and postal address are good. But I might not be doing this for a few weeks so don't assume you've missed out just because you don't hear from me soon.

nothing to worry about - I didn't say I've been shipping all of them yet, right? ;)

working on that though, but packing and labeling more than 80 envelopes takes a while. I'm processing shipments in the order of list entries, about half of them have already been sent more than a week ago and I'm sitting besides a pile of about 20 finished envelopes right now. I'm trying to get at least the remaining shipments of people haveing ordered within the regular bulk order period sent out tomorrow morning. the late-comers will have to wait a few days longer.

But as Wilba's IC order will take another while, I guess everybody will still get their pcbs well before they get the necessary ICs :)

S