MB-6582 baseboard part kits

smashtv

i dont need the bankstick chips and i dont need the pics.. would that mean $75.. or are banksticks included in that price??

Pricing:$100 with PIC chips, $75 without.

The $75 is without the PICS. I also have PICS and bank-chips so would be interested if it would be possible to knock the price of the banksticks off, otherwise they will go to waste. I'm in two minds whether to order a kit with the PICS as I reckon that the cost of building the burner won't be so far off $25; I would then have to find a project for the spare PICS though.

G

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went over the base PCB parts list, and not counting sockets and headers I estimate a cost of about $170 Cdn if I were to try to buy all these parts myself.  (That's about $155 USD these days) ... I'd probably need to make about a hundred MB-6582's before I could do it any cheaper than $100, and that doesn't even take into account the time spent sourcing, dealing with back orders, etc.

My only wish is that I could order this "kit" today.

But since my time and sanity are valuable, I'd like to offer a firm "count me in" - and I will wait patiently.

Count me in for 1 kit.... but I already have the PICs and banksticks... and a lot of transistors and resistors...  and lots of 74HC165... so I only really need the IC sockets and the capacitors... no wait, I've got heaps of 100nF capacitors, but not the big electrolytics or the little ceramics you need for the crystal... oh definitely need the 10Mhz crystals although I have one already, so only need 3 crystals... so it's IC sockets, all the capacitors except 100nF, all the chips except PICs and 24LC512 and 74HC165... hang on, I got a spare optocoupler cos I bought about five when I built my last MB-6582... so don't need that one... and the regulators but I only need one 7809 cos I don't use 6581 at all.... oh and I've run out of resistor networks so I need those, but not any of the 10K or 1K ones, better throw in the 5k6 and 1k2 cos I don't know if I have them... hope that's not too much trouble Smash, cos I wouldn't want to have any parts left over or anything.

Count me in for 1 kit.... but I already have the PICs and banksticks... and a lot of transistors and resistors...  and lots of 74HC165... so I only really need the IC sockets and the capacitors... no wait, I've got heaps of 100nF capacitors, but not the big electrolytics or the little ceramics you need for the crystal... oh definitely need the 10Mhz crystals although I have one already, so only need 3 crystals... so it's IC sockets, all the capacitors except 100nF, all the chips except PICs and 24LC512 and 74HC165... hang on, I got a spare optocoupler cos I bought about five when I built my last MB-6582... so don't need that one... and the regulators but I only need one 7809 cos I don't use 6581 at all.... oh and I've run out of resistor networks so I need those, but not any of the 10K or 1K ones, better throw in the 5k6 and 1k2 cos I don't know if I have them... hope that's not too much trouble Smash, cos I wouldn't want to have any parts left over or anything.

Point taken , I'm sure somebody will want the spare bank-sticks  :-[

Hi all.... Usually I don't do a "me too", but just in case this is a more official "speak up or lose out", I'm in for a full base kit with PICs.... No rush, of course - Canada Post is slow as death with my board and SIDs anyway, and I'm still deciding what the final feature set of my box will be....  ;)

Gavin

Yes baseboard parts kits are in process, but I have to wait until I'm caught up with current orders before I can finish them......

SmashTV,

I see a lot of people saying they want a parts kit (including me who wants 2).  I can imagine you might have a very large investment in parts that you have to order before people pay for them.

If it helps, I'll be glad to pay for parts kits before you have to place the parts orders.  If many people were willing to do that as well, then all of us could save through your bulk-purchasing, and you could still not worry about people backing out of paying/ordering.  I'm sure there would be many others willing to pre-pay as well, just like we've done for the MB-6582 PCBs and  front/back panels.