Vote what Frontpanels for the MB6582 you would like

Twin-X

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry wilba,

i'm up 24 hours straight.. cant think straight even if my life depended on it. i thought the option that i chose had the word ugly in it.. it doesnt.. it says dislike.. still doesnt say what i actually mean.. i think my explanation above says what i wanted 2 say.. except for the ugly part..

HEHEHE It's OK, I am not offended... ;D I didn't expect as many people to like my frontpanel design anyway, it is a personal taste thing.

twin, i just saw your edited first page post. if it's possible to order more fronts than backs, i'll be in for 3 and 1. if fronts=backs, i'll take 2 and 2.

I have no idea but i will make a note of it.

If i am correct Altitude is doing the order.

As this is your first post on the forum I have 2 things to say:

1: welcome ;)

2: did you order the matching PCB as well? because without it the work might be a tad more difficult than anticipated.

Cheers,  Alex.

I've been lurking for a while, I made an account a bit ago as it seemed useful for group buys and the like.

As for the PCBs, I'm all set, I've ordered the base and control panel ones, as well as a bunch of SIDs. ;D

So based on the poll, we have at least fifty so I can start thinking about a schedule.  I will run this exactly like before but we need to wait on Wilba to get back next week (when he will have his display) and finalize the prints, I need to get the CAD drawings together so I can probably start taking orders once I figure out the pricing

So based on the poll, we have at least fifty so I can start thinking about a schedule.  I will run this exactly like before but we need to wait on Wilba to get back next week (when he will have his display) and finalize the prints, I need to get the CAD drawings together so I can probably start taking orders once I figure out the pricing

Altitude we have about 41 confirmed. So that is still 9 short. People that do not order anything also voted.

Altitude we have about 41 confirmed. So that is still 9 short. People that do not order anything also voted.

Thanks for that, I did not actually count the "I'm ins", i'll need to coordinate with wilba since he knows who got control pcbs and an email will probably work better than a posting. 

Just so people know what's going on:

1. I have to finalize the artwork, tweak the font size, etc.

2. Check the proposed LCD hole size against control surface PCB with an LCD attached.

3. Check the CAD file for the holes matches the PCB exactly.

I am pretty vigilant when it comes to making sure things are going to fit, but I have to be extra careful this time as it's a bulk order and a costly mistake for everyone if I make a mistake.

Next weekend I will do a mailout to everyone on the list and collect orders.

I already have everyone in my spreadsheet, with usernames, email addresses, paypal email addresses, postal addresses, etc. So it is really easy for me to collect the confirmed orders. Then I can send the list to Altitude who can send out the invoices and post the panels to people. This will minimize the amount of work that Altitude has to do (and believe me, it is a lot). We will definiately get over 50 orders, the only problem (and I am facing this now) is waiting on people to reply to emails. There are people who have posted to this thread who haven't replied to my email or paid their postage costs! I would have liked to get all the orders without SIDs in the parcels and out the door but can't do this because I'm waiting around for people to email me.

What I meant in the previous post was, people haven't replied to the email about the socket, joining in a possible bulk order for the rocker switch and encoders, and sending me their postal address. I have not sent out postage cost invoices to everyone yet.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but i cna't find it anywhere.

What is the 25 pin DB port on th eback of the MB-6582 for?  2 midi, obviously, 1/4" stereo outs, what looks to be an earphone jack.. power..

but 25DB?  what for?

On the wiki page for the prototype of the MB-6582 (http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=wilba_mb_6582_prototype) it says:

"Expansion port: In case I ever get around to using external filters or external analog inputs (joysticks, ribbon controller) or whatever else I can dream up, I can wire it through this 25 pin sub-D. I think I’ll make it female like a printer port."

Hope that explains it. :)