GM5: Least-cost USB-MIDI Interface Chip for 4.50 EUR

TK.

Mine arrived today! You shipped it Thursday, its now Saturday....thats <3 days from Germany to the UK (!!!) Not sure what method you used, but wow, it usually takes longer than that for packages from London to get to me. Safe to say, I'm impressed!

I'll try not to spam the thread with glowing feedback, but its all good, and well worth the money.

I haven't checked the forum for this, but if anyone is new to soldering the TQFP32 GM5 chip (at90USB162) and needs help/photo's on techniques, I would be happy to take some snaps as I solder it. Been soldering SMT for years with basic tools (including DFN, SSOP etc..).

BuriedCode (yes, I made a spelling mistake when i signed up >.<)

edit by nILS: I fixed it for you ;)

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess that the blue "Luftpost" priority sticker speeds up the delivery dramatically! :)

Following orders have been shipped today:

drsyncenstein

julianzizko

chrisbob12

pataroulis

lameth

Joe56

Wild_Weasel

Lu Taska

grizz

zen_audio

kaleaf

sunflower

rhinoceros

gomiboy99

Acidtracker

shipped via Nils (soon):

dcer10

Following orders will be shipped next weekend (once I got the money...)

ssp

runinit

potain

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...

Shipped today:

potain

Duggle

ted53

Eddie

Chubaka

psyreactor

Will be shipped once I got the money:

ssp

runinit

Please note: all PCBs are sold out!

(the 4 last v1.1 PCBs are reserved for ssp, one for runinit)

I've still 89 GM5 chips, + 20 that I already sent to Nils

Since it's unlikely that we get 100 orders for the "mini PCB", the GM5 chips are now all reserved for next GM5x5x5 run and can be purchased via Nils.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thurston is the man yeah! :). Man... I need to form a band named Thurston - awesome!

Well - nao, if the order is happening, I know a few people who will get a bit excited, or what u say J? :).

edit. btw, u guys know what thurs is? It's some kind of north germanic mythological giant. Thinking of the meaning of thurston <- that army would be unstoppable :P

Edited by technobreath

I've heard of Preston Sturgess, but Thurston? Well, Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth divorced the infinitely cool Kim Gordon, thus endeth the band. Thurston has to be a portend of the coming stormwacko.gif

Anywho, enough musing! Great news if there's now a chance of a new GM5 bulkflowers.png

/J, waiting with bated breath

Short notice from my side (more details this weekend): I ordered the 250 chips + 100 Mini PCBs at Ploytec, and the order has already been confirmed.

I've only ca. 30 GM5x5x5 PCBs anymore - they are white - is there a volunteer who would take over the bulk order handling for additional PCBs, e.g. with a different colour?

Best Regards, Thorsten.